Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday

Re: Tuesday

• @wink0erin can you download a different app besides that one that comes on the iphone? I think I have "map my run" and it seems really accurate.

• @wink0erin - It's not an app but for afterwards, you could try using this to track where you were and it'll calculate the distance for you: CLICK

Just find the area you were in by city or zip or something. Then click on 'start recording', double click where you started and then map it out with more double clicks for turns and things. 

• Urg .... so busy this morning! I started this post over an hour ago ...

@minskat30 Go H! And that's such a cute gift from @jenna8984 !

@CocoBellaF those shoes *-*!

Not much last night. Vacuumed and just made a frozen pizza - Ristaurante thin crust, spinach! - and chatted with my mum for about an hour.
    Made a marinate of vegetable oil, onion powder, garlic powder and wild whiskey bbq rub for pork chops, which I cut into strips and pan fry them. We don't have a lot time tonight since Matt has a hair cut appt and I'm going with because it's my friend who does it and I need to chat with her about my hair.

This morning I was able to make smoothies. Which today's is plain yogurt, frozen mangos, a bit of fruitopia "strawberry passion awareness" juice (to help mix) and half a spoon full of vanilla matcha for health benefits.

I think we'll just tidy up the table tonight when we're home, but otherwise not much.
  • @misskittydanger I read yesterday's and I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom's friend.

• @swazzle - I'm so glad you caught that! Haha

I run with Marv all the time, but only early in the morning when there is no one else around. If there is one other dog around, he wants to go see it and play with it. If I don't let him, he whines pretty loudly. I have no idea if that is exacerbated when there are even more dogs. The more I think about it, the more I think it's probably not a great idea, haha.

• I love it @minskat30 and @jenna8984 !!!  How thoughtful!!!
  • @wink0erin - Yup!!  My original theory could still be valid.  I just didn't feel like she was a Skywalker or a Solo.
  • @Swazzle Ask and I shall deliver. These were the ones eating. Also, thanks for that link! I'm saving it in my faves.

@jenna8984 I have Argus, it tracks all my steps/distance for the day but isn't always fully accurate since it relies on Apple Health. At least it gives me a ballpark figure though!

@Alpacina I like the idea of a watch or other wrist thing. Which one do you have? Every time I hike I wish I had one!

• @KeptInStitches - I think she's a Kenobi too!!!  So does H.
  • @AlPacina yay so glad you liked the recipe! I guess now one night we'll both have to make it and wear our matching dresses. Obviously.

@wink0erin I have a Garmin too! I'm not sure which one AlPacina has but I have this one: 
    http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Forerunner-Watch-Green-White/dp/B0090C7A3O

Mine's black but I think that's the one.. I'm sure they have newer models now but this one works great. The only thing I've noticed is that I have to keep it updated or it won't find my position quickly which can be annoying when I just want to run and don't want to stand around waiting for it.
  • @wink0erin - I got the Garmin Forerunner 220. I also like the fact that the watch will alert you if you set a PR: like it's your longest distance, or your fastest mile, or your fastest 5k, etc. At least, that was nice when I first started running. Now I keep going shorter distances at a slower pace, haha!

@PamBeesly524 - I am still shocked at how similar we are, haha. I just hope the dress fits! That would suck if I went through all this hoopla and then it was a bust, haha. It's arriving Thursday and I can't wait!!

• @CocoBellaF  @wink0erin  @KeptInStitches  i'm chiming in on Rey .... I think she's a Skywalker ONLY because the whole series has to do with the Skywalkers. If it weren't for that part, I would think Kenobi or Solo .... but that ending with her and Kylo made me wonder
  • @pambeesly524 @alpacina Aw man those look awesome but would totally overwhelm my tiny bird wrists. 

• edited April 2016
    @MissKittyDanger - But Kylo IS the Skywalker.  The series already has the main Skywalker character.  And JJ Abrams said that Rey's parents are not in Episode VII.  That knocks off Han, Leia, and Luke.  So we already have a Skywalker, and what other name seems to intersect with the Skywalkers?  KENOBI!  #teamkenobi

ETA:  There are also some Easter eggs you can watch on youtube about this...  Little clues that may or may not mean anything.  She has a doll that looks like the old, orange Rebel fighter suit.  She says "they call me Rey" (which could mean that's not her actual name).  She only hears Yoda and Obi's voice when the light saber talks to her, and like Obi served a purpose to return the light saber to a Skywalker (Luke), Rey could also be a Kenobi who is returning the light saber to a Skywalker.  
  • So BF did this really annoying thing yesterday where he basically invited me to vacation with his family with the extremely short notice of "we leave a week from today." I don't have the kind of job where I can just put in time off and not screw anybody else's schedule up. It takes a lot of logistics! So now I'm hoping I can go. We would be leaving Tuesday and coming back Saturday, I only work on Thursday and would come back Friday night instead if my manager lets me cancel my two classes on Thursday and if I can switch shifts with someone... Grrrr! I really want it to work out. We'd be going to the Outer Banks on NC and Coraline would be able to come too if I can go!
  • @CocoBellaF  That's very true. But I think there's more to her story then they're saying. I feel like they're going to swoop in with some giant twist because they can lol
  • @swazzle Thanks! I am on Goodreads from back in 2011 when NEY did a book club. I just signed back on and I'm trying to figure out my way around it. Thanks for all the suggestions!
    friends tv show funy
  • @untouchablets - Awww, I hope you're able to go! Fingers crossed for some great coordination! BF doesn't have the same flexibility as I do to take work off, but he also doesn't make much of an effort to try and make himself available for some things when I wish he would, so you're an awesome partner for trying to make it happen!

@wink0erin - I also have tiny wrists. It's fucking annoying. The 220 doesn't seem too huge, but it is definitely large. I just like that it's purple. It makes it cuter. Plus, no one can even see it because I'm always so fast zooming by them! ;)

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @audrewuh ALL THE JOB VIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•  @audrewuh fingers and toes crossed!!!
  • @audrewuh - I can't believe Ani will be here soon too...7 weeks if she is on time.  All the job vibes!  Also, I'm sorry about owing on taxes this year.  :( 
  • Good luck on the interview(s) @audrewuh !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards