Chit Chat

Good news!

2»

Re: Good news!

• jenna8984 said:
    @emmaaa My quote button doesn't work anymore (I think it's the internet browser at my work). We are having a boy and are so stoked about it!! We have top 5 names that I like equally but DH is having the hardest time choosing the ONE. lol
    YAY! Congratulations. My cousin is having a girl, her due date was yesterday, and they still haven't picked. She said she wants to see her first.

• Yea some people do that. I could not! Don't ask me to make such an important decision while I'm exhausted and medicated! lol

• Congrats on the new house!

Always use high end paints for exterior painting (ie Sherwin Williams), but cheaper brand paints are fine for interiors.  For interior, go with at least a Satin finish...do not use a flat/matte finish, they are very hard to clean/wipe down.  Glossy or semi-gloss are the easiest to clean, but imperfections in the painting will stand out more.

If you and/or your H are fairly handy, you all should be able to DIY a deck.  My H built one for us off our master bedroom.  The materials were $2700, but it would have cost $10K-$15K to have had someone else build it (it's a pretty large deck).

Apply for a Lowe's credit card.  You will get 5% off all purchases (10% off if you or your H are military/former military).  Check E-bay for Lowe's and Home Depot coupons.  You can usually get things like a 10% off coupon for $1-$2.

Although you didn't mention kitchens, a great and fairly cheap way to upgrade a kitchen is to change out the hardware.

H only uses flat/matte inside, he thinks the others are terrible. It drives me sooooooo crazy I hate it because you can't clean stuff off of it easily and then it looks bad. Not to mention I hate how it feels. But it really is his hill to die on.
  • I'm a little late to the party, but yay @emmaaa!!! Congrats on becoming a homeowner in the near future :)

Also, super cool that the house has such sentimental value for you and your family. I'm pumped for you guys!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards