Chit Chat

I'm sorry

2»

Re: I'm sorry

• Full moon last night?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Apology accepted. Stick around and get to know us.
  • edited April 2016
    CMGragain said:
    OP, I admire you for taking responsibility for your posts. 
    So do I.

And yes, @CMGragain, it was indeed a full moon this weekend.
  • CMGragain said:
    OP, I admire you for taking responsibility for your posts. 
    So do I.
    Ditto. 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Bkess14 said:

Just just have to say thank you to all of you super awesome people who replied to my post. I was really hoping someone would tear me down on the Internet. I'm really glad I'm not suicidal or these replies might have upset me enough to actually do something awful. Please think about the shit you say to others on the Internet, you don't know what someone is going through. People should be allowed to vent and express their minds without being inferred that they are less of a person for doing so. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.
    Maybe I am just being sensitive after this whole awful paragraph but are you implying that people who need counselling are "less of a person"? I find that incredibly offensive.

Also lol that you are clearly following this venue on social media because how else would you be seeing people repeatedly posting pictures of their weddings there. This reads like a bad breakup story.
  • Bkess14 said:

Just just have to say thank you to all of you super awesome people who replied to my post. I was really hoping someone would tear me down on the Internet. I'm really glad I'm not suicidal or these replies might have upset me enough to actually do something awful. Please think about the shit you say to others on the Internet, you don't know what someone is going through. People should be allowed to vent and express their minds without being inferred that they are less of a person for doing so. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.
    Maybe I am just being sensitive after this whole awful paragraph but are you implying that people who need counselling are "less of a person"? I find that incredibly offensive.

Also lol that you are clearly following this venue on social media because how else would you be seeing people repeatedly posting pictures of their weddings there. This reads like a bad breakup story.
    Please read the post I just made a few minutes ago. Basically made a fool of myself.

and no that's not what I was saying. I meant it totally differently than how you read it. But it's water under the bridge at this point. People who are in counseling/need counseling are no different than anyone else.

also no I'm not following them on social
    media. I live in a very small town and literall 8 people I and friends with on Facebook have had their weddings there. So I see it a lot, lol.
  • Thanks for coming back and taking ownership, OP- it really does sound like you were worked up when you posted and just having a bad day in general. 

Confession time- maybe 3-4 months ago, I randomly had a crying breakdown about my wedding, which also took place in 2014 (so it had been over a year at that point). I randomly just got really sad about things I wish I'd done differently, people I wish I'd included and the fact that in general I (hopefully) will never get to have that experience of a wedding day again.

The whole world makes such a huge deal of having a perfect and special wedding day and in that moment it randomly got to me- I wouldn't be surprised if sometimes wedding day regrets weigh heavier on women (maybe men too?) than they'd care to admit because of that fact. We can understand rationally the stakes are waaaaay overinflated by the wedding industry, social media culture etc., but sometimes emotions just aren't rational. 
    Thank you. I agree it's just 1 day, but we get so wrapped up in it. So emotional. Really dumb stuff.

And yes, bad bad week/weekend. But tomorrow's a new day!
  • OP, you get mad props for coming back and owning things. 

When I first read your post, I thought of a situation that left me very hurt.   Long story short, I was building a house and got screwed over.  I found myself going to court and moving in with my parents.   The anger was crazy strong.  I was furious at the builderight.  I couldn't drive near the neighborhood without tensing up.  That was 11 years ago.  I passed by the neighborhood recently and smiled.  I hadn't thought about it in years, and it was good to know that time does heal wounds.  I do echo the others, though.   If this anger is consuming you as much as you said,  please see a therapist to help with these thoughts. 
  • Good on you coming back and owning your shit, OP. Stick around!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Props for coming back. That takes a lot! I would also like to point out that counselling isn't for those that are unstable. I really think that counselling offers a neutral party who can help people reframe things or find a new path. Some of the greatest minds and leaders have gone through counselling.

Stick around, I think you'll find some great Knotties to enchange thoughts with and to support other brides who are looking for advice.

• Op, that took a lots guts, maturity and self awareness to come back and say that. I hope you stick around.

• Bkess14 said:
    Bkess14 said:

Please read the post I just made a few minutes ago. Basically made a fool of myself.

and no that's not what I was saying. I meant it totally differently than how you read it. But it's water under the bridge at this point. People who are in counseling/need counseling are no different than anyone else.

also no I'm not following them on social
    media. I live in a very small town and literall 8 people I and friends with on Facebook have had their weddings there. So I see it a lot, lol.
    We must've posted around the same time, I didn't see that one at the time! Good on you for coming back to clarify things.
  • Thanks for coming back to explain, OP. Bad days are okay to have, we've all been there. Respect. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you for coming back. I understand your disappointment with your former wedding venue. Maybe we should start a wedding disasters thread so you will see you're not alone?

• To OP.
    I also got married in September of 2014. One of my vendors willfully screwed us over. I was upset. I was bitter. It affected my sleep. It was a topic of conversation for months in my family. I posted here about my inability to get over it because I knew holding on to the negativity was unhealthy. And for the record, my wedding was fantastic.
    I also used legal recourse and won (a long process, but it worked).
    But let me emphasize, my vendor willfully screwed us over and broke contract. That's what got me, the willful part, like how can anyone do that to a couple.

Your situation was out of that venue's hands. A PP already said building codes are a huge deal. They probably did  get things fixed in time to host weddings right after yours. 
    It blows. And it's probably too late to do anything legal but only a legal professional can tell you that. Only a legal professional can tell you if what happened has recourse under your contract.  
    But no matter what, you have to focus on the fact that you got married, you have someone who loves you, and sometimes life doesn't work out as planned. Planning your party somewhere else isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I hope you can move on from the negativity. 

• To OP.
    I also got married in September of 2014. One of my vendors willfully screwed us over. I was upset. I was bitter. It affected my sleep. It was a topic of conversation for months in my family. I posted here about my inability to get over it because I knew holding on to the negativity was unhealthy. And for the record, my wedding was fantastic.
    I also used legal recourse and won (a long process, but it worked).
    But let me emphasize, my vendor willfully screwed us over and broke contract. That's what got me, the willful part, like how can anyone do that to a couple.

Your situation was out of that venue's hands. A PP already said building codes are a huge deal. They probably did  get things fixed in time to host weddings right after yours. 
    It blows. And it's probably too late to do anything legal but only a legal professional can tell you that. Only a legal professional can tell you if what happened has recourse under your contract.  
    But no matter what, you have to focus on the fact that you got married, you have someone who loves you, and sometimes life doesn't work out as planned. Planning your party somewhere else isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I hope you can move on from the negativity. 
    I remember this story.  I went back to read the post but couldn't find what ultimately happened.  Did you ever get the rest of your photos?  Is she still in business?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @laurad75 we did get our photos! She's definitely not in business anymore. She owes the City more fines for consumer fraud than we paid her originally too. The cost of fucking up, I tell ya. 
    I'm so happy to hear that it worked out for you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Get. Over. It. 
    If you are so upset that you didn't get to have your dream wedding, even though you ended up with the person you are crazy in love with, save up for a vow renewal and do it how you wanted to in the first place. 
  • edited May 2016
    Get. Over. It. 
    If you are so upset that you didn't get to have your dream wedding, even though you ended up with the person you are crazy in love with, save up for a vow renewal and do it how you wanted to in the first place. 
    Why are you resurrecting an old thread to give bad advice?
    That seems to be her MO, this isn't the only dead/resolved thread that she's posted on just to be nasty/give bad advice. I get it, being snarky and rude can be fun, but shit's over and done with, she just wants to be mean.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards