Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday

Re: Wednesday

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @minskat30 Ugh, so many vibes that there isn't a clot and everything is ok! Good luck at your appointment for Ani too! <3

@cu97tiger SO SO SO MANY BABY VIBES! Your results sound excellent! Grow follicles grow!

• @Swazzle Your breakfast sounds AMAZING! Glad you enjoyed Civil War! 

@LizzyTish88 It's so rare to hear anyone be excited about Comcast. I'm glad your service is going well with them. That's really scary about the stabbings! I'm glad your cousin wasn't involved!

@jenna8984 Oh wow, that means you're in your last trimester! How exciting!

@southernpeach89 Poor Callie. But maybe they'll all come through quickly so this phase will end sooner rather than later? *hugs*

@speakeasy14 Your dinner sounds amazing! And an early night with lots of sleep sounds even better. Jealous!

@futuremrshistorian Wow, you are super productive today! I need some of your energy! And holy moly, 10 weeks without a paycheck? Yeesh. 
    -------------------
    Last night was a total fail on my end. H and I were so exhausted when we got home that we opted to continue our vacation eating (i.e. unhealthy food). We ordered pizza and a cookie-brownie thing and sat on our butts all night. Oops.

Today I'm working from home, and I need to do a bunch of chores around the house. It's hot as balls outside now (the highs have been in the 90s), so we haven't been taking Zoey out to the dog park in the afternoons. Instead I play with her a ton inside, but it means her hair is EVERYWHERE. I mean, EVERYWHERE. 

I watched Parenthood last night and ugly cried. I'm in season 4, and it's making me feel all the feels. 

Other than that, nada to report. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @minskat30 fingers crossed it's not a blood clot! 
  • @eilis1228 - Do you get Zoey groomed or do it yourself?  Is this normal shedding?  Raj blows his coat once or twice a year under normal circumstances and taking a rake brush to the undercoat REALLY helps with the shedding. 
  • @labro So excited for your amazing weekend!

@minskat30 I'm sending you ALL of the not-clot vibes! 

@wink0erin The political system is broken. I'm so sorry that you took all the time to research and vote while very few others did. I'm terrified of what will happen in November.

@cu97tiger

• @eilis1228 dog hair is just part of my life. Calla breathes and there's hair everywhere
  • @minskat30 We get her groomed about once a month, but she sheds like crazy no matter what. We've tried brushing and bathing her more frequently, but she sheds constantly. I guess we just need to keep brushing her more and more frequently. 

• @minskat30 Well hopefully it isn't anything serious and it's just plain 3rd trimester swelling. Keep us updated!
  • @eilis1228 dog hair is just part of my life. Calla breathes and there's hair everywhere
    hahahaha Yep, Zoey is the same way. It wasn't as bad when we spent more time outside, but now that we are stuck inside more, her hair has taken over. 

• eilis1228 said:
    @eilis1228 dog hair is just part of my life. Calla breathes and there's hair everywhere
    hahahaha Yep, Zoey is the same way. It wasn't as bad when we spent more time outside, but now that we are stuck inside more, her hair has taken over. 
    Story of my life. Dog hair everywhere.
  • eilis1228 said:
    @eilis1228 dog hair is just part of my life. Calla breathes and there's hair everywhere
    Irony that Raj has hair longer than many people and other than his coat blow, the shedding isn't really too bad.  Now, the leaves, dirt, twigs and various other things he brings in on his coat from outside....
  • @minskat30 good luck at all your appointments!

@cu97tiger wooooooo that's wonderful!

@labro I wants that dip!

@eilis1228 holy crap 90° ?! It's been like 55 here- we are getting "lucky" today with 72!

• @minskat30-Keeping everything crossed it isn't a clot!  Those are scary!

@speakeasy14 and @labro - It's hard for me to pick up a second job because I'll actually be at a 3-week seminar for most of June.  Luckily, they pay me a small stipend, so that will make up part of the missing income.  And, since I'm teaching two classes in July, I will get a really, really lovely paycheck at the end of that month.  It's more of a cash-flow issue than an "I'm losing an entire month of pay" issue.
  • @eilis1228 less than a month till I can experience that warmth :)
  • @minskat30 I've noticed long hairs dogs/cats don't seem to shed as much, I assume the fur they shed stays on them and needs brushed off. Short hair critters, however, decorate all furniture and clothing items. It's like the hair is magnetized!

• @speakeasy14 Ugh, I don't want this heat at all. You can have it!

• Hi guys!

I am having a horrible, terrible, really bad morning.

I found out I have a collection on my credit report which was news to me, and it's for a bill of 37 dollars. I called the collections agency, turns out they have the wrong address which is why I have never heard of this bill. It's an old medical bill, I've never gotten any statement from them, so I paid it and submitted a dispute with the reporting agencies but now I have serious anxiety about it. My credit is flawless! I can't have this!

In addition, my cat chewed up the wire to our air conditioner in the living room, and so I bought a new wire and it's gonna cost another $125 to have someone install it AND this same cat busted a hole through a window screen yesterday and I found her outside at my front door when I came home last night. So I've also ordered a new window. I'm so frustrated with her, I don't know what to do and I can't afford this mess. As a kitten she never caused trouble, she's almost 2 now. @swazzle you're a cat whisperer help me!!!

Lastly, my dad is in the hospital. He was losing his balance, not making any sense, and falling asleep mid-sentence yesterday. Thankfully it was not a heart attack or stroke, but he's apparently got elevated ammonia levels from his medications? I don't know. He's been extremely tired, sleeping most of his stay yesterday and coming in and out today. My mom isn't being very specific with her info so I'm stressed. 
  • @cu97tiger I am SO thrilled for you!! 

@eilis1228 I can only watch one episode of Parenthood a month because it is emotionally draining for me lol such a good show!

@minskat30 I hope your leg turns out to be fine!

re: dog hair. Coraline doesn't shed, but Loki and Gunnar are like 85% hair. They shed but it comes out in clumps rather than individual hairs. Diet and more frequent baths helps a LOT!! My cats' shedding has gotten a lot better ever since I switched them to higher quality food. 
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @untouchablets - I hate to break it to ya but she sounds like a normal cat to me. I'm not a vet, obviously, but none of that seems very out of the ordinary for a cat IMO. Sorry! Big hugs and vibes to your dad!!!!!

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    @untouchablets big big hugs! I hope everything is ok with your dad.  For the cat: vinegar water (or no bite spray) will stop the chewing.  Unfortunately, my cats always broke through every screen.
  • @swazzle ah, well, it was worth a shot lol. And thank you!

@keptinstitches @goldenpenguin @speakeasy14 thank you!
  • labrolabro member
    @GoldenPenguin OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!! I am literally freaking out!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

@untouchablets I mean, in the grand scheme of things - it's collections for a $37 bill, no big. :) But I'm sorry it came in the midst of some tough stuff with your dad and frustrating (but normal) cat behavior. I hope your dad is doing better soon!

I have to comment on the pet hair thing. I've always felt like short hair shedding ALWAYS seems so much worse than shedding from longer haired pets. The short hair just doesn't clump together (Vi tumbleweeds lol), it just covers everything!! Plus, if you have a white/light colored dog you just see it that much more. Luckily Cinders' hair is black so I can just pretend it's not there until I sweep it all up into a giant pile...or find tumbleweeds at the base of the stairs.

• Maddux's short white hair is so noticeable all over the place especially on wood floors and when you sweep it up it just flies up in the air and it's so frustrating. I've found that sweeping+vacuuming helps get it up the best.
  • @labro Thank you! I know it's not really a biggie, but I've worked really hard to build up good credit so it's super frustrating (on top of all else right now)! In my mind, I see myself applying for a mortgage in a few years and getting a big red denial over this stupid stupid little thing. Total overreaction, I know!
  • @untouchablets  As someone who hears about collection agencies a lot, unfortunately many companies don't put enough effort into calling customer :( As @labro said, on top of everything else it's probably just another stress to add. Are you able to deal with it easily? {side note: $37 doesn't affect your credit too badly, I saw you mentioned you've worked hard to build your credit so don't worry too much!]
    Vibes for your dad! <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards