Wedding Woes

Monday

How was the weekend?

FIL took the kids Saturday night.  DH and I wandered the mall, bought some books, ate undgodly amounts of meat at one of those meat on a skewer places.  Sunday was lacrosse and bumming around. 

I'm still having a terrible reaction to something so I get to see an allergist Wednesday for a full panel of testing. 

Re: Monday

• bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2016
    I had an epic migraine that turned into a tension headache that lasted from about noon on Saturday until I woke up this morning, so I got exactly zero things done.

As a result, I have a terrible case of the Mondays.

P.S. @6fsn I hope you find out what's triggering your reaction and find some relief soon.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• This weekend was so great.  I want to go back and do it all over again.

Neighborhood Yard Sale was rained out, but they didn't call it off until 8:30 Friday night, so I already had all our stuff together.  They've rescheduled it, so now all my work is already done. 

Got so much work done Saturday.  Wooz had a good riding lesson (on her favorite horse).  After working nonstop all day, we got cleaned up, took a drive, and had dinner at one of DH's favorite restaurants on the lake.  It was a gorgeous evening, and I could have sat there all night.

My mom came for brunch yesterday, and since all of our chores, errands, etc. were done, we just ate and talked and drank mimosas on the screened porch for a few hours.  Because she is a Disneyphile, she brought up "When can we go back to Disney???"  DH and I have been talking and thought probably next year, so I think we'll go for my mom's birthday in fall of 2017 (which is within a few days of DS's birthday, so we may get to celebrate both while we're there).  We can hit up Food & Wine AND Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.  She was beside herself with joy. 

After she left, we hung out with the kids.  DS pushed his trike around half the neighborhood, and when we got home, Wooz and DH were in the middle of an Uno marathon, so I joined in.  Took the kids to swim, made my first Switchin' Kitchens dinner (meatloaf, and it was better than mine), watched E.T., bathed the kids, and put them to bed. 

I can't believe Memorial Day is this weekend!
  • The weekend wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great. 

DH worked Friday night.  I did let DefConn sleep with me and I slept really well. DH got home in the morning and slept for a bit.  We went to Costco, where I was accosted by a crazy lady.  The rest of the night was nice.   We grilled and watched Netflix. 

Sunday, we slept as long DefConn, the beast, would let us.  He woke me up saying he was "man" hungry.  :D  I made breakfast and then worked a couple hours.  We went to my parent's for dinner to celebrate my BIL's bday.   

Late last night I found out a friend of DH's family was diagnosed with a brain tumor (tangerine size) and is having surgery today.  She's 12 and has grown up with my kids (she's the granddaughter of MIL and FIL's BFF's).  I've been messaging with her aunt about the situation.  They won't know the full scope until after they take out what they can and get a biopsy done.  
  • I LOVE IT @charlotte989875!  I would be sitting on that porch all.the.time.  :D Congrats again and happy anniversary! 
  • I had dinner with some friends Friday night, and there were people there I haven't seen in awhile, so that was really nice. The rest of the weekend I cleaned a little but mostly vegged. It was the first weekend in forever that I haven't had grading looming over me.  And I took today off. 

Congrats on the house, Charlotte!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • But I don't wanna Monday!!!  At least it's a three day work week for me!  I facetimed with niece yesterday and I'm so excited to see that little nugget. We got her a RGB onesie for her birthday because someone's gotta teach that girl the important things in life.

Over the weekend we gardened (yay). Our yard is 1/2 acre and were newbs so it's daunting, but my dad came and helped. Saturday I had date night with my best friend and I fell off my bike. I blame the construction cones but I'm sure the whiskey flight didn't help.  
  • ChelleJayneChelleJayne member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2016

Friday, FI and I drove to Cali to help my mom finish packing her store and little house behind it. The new tenants are moving in this week, but thankfully it is my best friend and her H. So if anything was left, I'm not worried about it. We got home last night late. I'm still exhausted.

FI and I are going to look at more house tomorrow. I hope we find one soon. We are staring to collect furniture and don't have anywhere to put it.

ETA: My dress is in :) I'm so excited to see it!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875 that house is Awesome! Congrats and Happy Anniversary!

My weekend was good, quiet.
    Saturday was general house cleaning day, though I did take a break to get a pedicure.
    Sunday, I slept until 10! I took the dog to the vet to get his health certificate for his flight. Then we went to get FH from the airport. He fell asleep within 30 minutes of laying on the couch.

Tonight, I have a hair and makeup trial. 
  • Love the new house, @charlotte989875!  Happy anniversar and congrats on the new house.  Is that a crape myrtle in front?  I love crape myrtles.

Late last night I found out a friend of DH's family was diagnosed with a brain tumor (tangerine size) and is having surgery today.  She's 12 and has grown up with my kids (she's the granddaughter of MIL and FIL's BFF's).  I've been messaging with her aunt about the situation.  They won't know the full scope until after they take out what they can and get a biopsy done.  
    Holy. Crap.  Crossing all crossables that everything turns out okay.

• Thanks everyone, we're loving the house. It's better than I remembered it. 

Thanks @mrs.conn23 when we got here last night we just sat on the porch before we unloaded anything. 

I think it is @Heffalump I'm not great with plants/trees but from what I can tell it is. The pictures of it fully bloomer are beautiful. 
  • The ILs took the girls for the weekend so we'd have an easier time at our baseball tournament.

The weather finally turned warm and it looks like it's staying that way at least for this week.  We have our air on.

Hopefully we can finally get the grill out of the shed and use it this week.  Thursday looks like the only day we can do it.

• Found out this weekend that DH won't be home until after June 30th since that's when his contract expires :( That would have been nice to know, ya know, when he started the job. Oh well. Looks like I'll be heading to Indie for Memorial Day weekend since he won't be home for a few more weeks.

Other than that, nothing new here. I discovered a show on Netflix that I am now absolutely addicted to... The Killing. I watched the entire first season this weekend and a few episodes in the 2nd season. I was absolutely useless.

• Found out this weekend that DH won't be home until after June 30th since that's when his contract expires :( That would have been nice to know, ya know, when he started the job. Oh well. Looks like I'll be heading to Indie for Memorial Day weekend since he won't be home for a few more weeks.

Other than that, nothing new here. I discovered a show on Netflix that I am now absolutely addicted to... The Killing. I watched the entire first season this weekend and a few episodes in the 2nd season. I was absolutely useless.

OMG, it's been a while, but I still remember the end of the first season when Linden is on the plane and she gets that call about the tollbooth cameras.  The soundtrack and I were both like "WHAAAAAAA???" at the same time, and holy crap.  I should go back and rewatch it.
  • Heffalump said:

Found out this weekend that DH won't be home until after June 30th since that's when his contract expires :( That would have been nice to know, ya know, when he started the job. Oh well. Looks like I'll be heading to Indie for Memorial Day weekend since he won't be home for a few more weeks.

OMG, it's been a while, but I still remember the end of the first season when Linden is on the plane and she gets that call about the tollbooth cameras.  The soundtrack and I were both like "WHAAAAAAA???" at the same time, and holy crap.  I should go back and rewatch it.
    YES!!!!!!!!! I just knew the case was about to be solved and then that happened. I love it. You should watch it again!!!

• I liked The Killing too. I was sorry it got canceled.

As in Indianapolis? :D 
  • One of the most beautiful men I've ever seen IRL came to seal our driveway today.  If I had known before this, I would have taken the day off work and set up camp with a cooler to watch him work.  The dog and I would have had a fine time hanging out.  :D 

Also, FIL's dog figured out how to open the door on our bonus room. It's a lever handle.  ::sigh:: He's so smart.  Jackass.  :D 
  • I'm probably going to Indy this weekend too. My sister's lake "house" is like two hours from the track, but our friend lives closer so we'll go down for the race and stay at her house. My dad and brother are going to the race so I figured we'd meet them down there and get some tickets off the street.

I'm kind of upset that I just discovered that Journey is playing Carb day on Friday. I LOVE JOURNEY.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm 10-15 min from the track.  With no traffic, natch.  :D This year's race is going to be insane since it's the 100th running.  
  • I'm 10-15 min from the track.  With no traffic, natch.  :D This year's race is going to be insane since it's the 100th running.  

Yeah I was really surprised that it was sold out. We used to go every year as kids but I haven't been in years. The last time I went, we got tickets on the front stretch like two days before.

I have cousins within about a half hour but they're BSC so I'm SO THANKFUL to have somewhere else to stay.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • My weekend wasn't exactly exciting, but it was productive:
    FI insisted I needed an alignment so we took it in and it was fine (trying to refrain from the I-told-you-sos).

Got FI a new suit, one he's likes enough to get married in, wear to his sister's wedding, and actually keep after everything (and it was on sale for less than half price...and I got Kohl's cash from the purchase ;) ).

Finally framed my diploma, now I really feel like a college grad.

FI and I started watching HTGAWM and we're addicted..and we went to the drive in to see Civil War (which we saw last weekend..oops) and The Jungle Book.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy Monday!
    Both Saturday and Sunday we finally got to enjoy some really great weather, and we socialized a lot. Overall, a truly great weekend.

Except.
    My friend's mom died of cancer (or more specifically, pneumonia on top of cancer) so the funeral is set for Thursday. I'm glad she's no longer suffering after battling for 6 years, but she was a strong and pretty remarkable woman. And my aunt-in-law was just diagnosed with stage 1 lung cancer. We're waiting to find out how she can even be treated because after smoking for the majority of her life, they don't think she could survive surgery, which is just crazy to me. #fuckcancer

• One of the most beautiful men I've ever seen IRL came to seal our driveway today.  If I had known before this, I would have taken the day off work and set up camp with a cooler to watch him work.  The dog and I would have had a fine time hanging out.  :D 

Also, FIL's dog figured out how to open the door on our bonus room. It's a lever handle.  ::sigh:: He's so smart.  Jackass.  :D 
    OMG, 18 years, 1 husband, and 2 kids ago, I totally would have gone home with our waiter Saturday night. 
  • have been feeling like crap since Wednesday night, and no idea what's going on with my body. bad headaches, vertigo, nausea, upset stomach, bloating, awful cramps. starting to wonder if i have another ovarian cyst, but given the standard treatment is "wait and see" I'm not bothering with the doctor yet. We have a trip to Arkansas planned for the weekend, so i'm really hoping to be feeling better by then. on the plus side i've lost about 5-7lbs with not having much of an appetite.
  • The Killing was awesome!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ugh, that house @charlotte989875 I am green with envy  :D do you have a garden at the back too? Congrats!

Today was first day back at work after a glorious week off work. We went visiting our various nieces and nephews last week and it was just so great. We live about 300 miles from our families so we don't get to see them very often, which sucks. They are all under 3 and a handful but so cute it hurts. My mum says my nephew keeps asking for us since we left, bless his little heart! Makes my ovaries twinge until they get tired and throw a tantrum....then I'm less keen.

Sigh, I need to win the lottery so I only have to work if I want to. Should probably start playing.

Not the best weekend to be coming into town if you aren't going to the race. I'm assuming though the your H has an apartment or extended hotel lease. Hope you have a great visit @thefanciestbeckler.
  • I'm probably going to Indy this weekend too. My sister's lake "house" is like two hours from the track, but our friend lives closer so we'll go down for the race and stay at her house. My dad and brother are going to the race so I figured we'd meet them down there and get some tickets off the street.

I'm kind of upset that I just discovered that Journey is playing Carb day on Friday. I LOVE JOURNEY.

I'm sure any tickets you get off the street will be pretty  expensive since this is the 100th running of the race. Everyone is going - even people who don't normally go but live in town. The seats are sold out but I think they will still let people into the infield. Good luck!

Yes ma'am! As in Indianapolis :) I'll be up in your neck of the woods!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards