Wedding Woes
Options

Friday!!!!

w00t w00t!

What's everyone up to today and this weekend?

My new boss starts Monday, so that should be interesting. 

Nasty storms blew through yesterday afternoon.  I was on the way home and traffic was nearly stopped, and the rain was pretty much horizontal.  By the time I got to DC, the rain had tapered off but there was still thunder/lightning, so no swim.  Again. 

DS was up and in our bed at 3-something this morning.  Which would have been fine if he settled back down, but he was flopping around, trying to play with the cat, etc.  I told him to lie down and close his eyes or he'd have to go back to his bed, and he said "No, you don't tell me no, Mommy."  I told him that's my job for the next 16 years, now go to sleep. 

Meet tomorrow.  I feel like there is something else this weekend, but I'm drawing a blank.

httpwwwbrainlesstalescomimages2011Octmore-coffeejpg

Re: Friday!!!!

• Options

So tomorrow I have this wedding with all of MIL's family who hate me. This morning I wake up with a herp-zit right above my lip. MIL will love that.

My stupid car needs a new driver's side control arm. :/ We did the passenger side last year (year before?) and it was like $1,100. Hopefully my dad's neighbor will do it for cheaper.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    i'm working from home today - they closed the road i use for my commute (again) because of flooding. It was closed sometime yesterday, so my commute home was a nightmare. I decided not to bother going in today. 

Our HVAC guys just showed up  - I hope they can finish today because the downstairs unit is fighting to keep it at 75, which is still too hot for me. Things are finally supposed to dry out next week, and it's supposed to get hot, so I'd like the AC to be working.

DK's interview went really well last night - it was supposed to be 30 minutes but went more than an hour, so I'm taking that as a good sign. Hopefully he will hear something soon.

Nothing planned for the weekend beyond kinder graduation on Saturday. 
  • Options
    kylexokylexo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I have a 5k tomorrow AM, then helping my BFF dog shop at the shelters in the area (she's hoping to adopt this weekend).

Sunday I have my hair and makeup trial for the wedding, then FH and I are going to the local outlet mall to check out J Crew and see if they have a good button down in the right color for the ceremony.
  • Options

Yay Friday!

Baseball this weekend.

I also hope to watch the first season of Wayward Pines.  I decided to dvr the current season and give it a try.

• Options
    The past two weekends were very busy, though mostly fun.  So this weekend, I'm looking forward to just relaxing and getting some laundry and gardening done.  I'm also probably going to do some freezer batch cooking, since I start training for my new job on Monday:)  If the rain stops I might take DD to the pool.  
  • Options
    bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    TGIFF!  I thought the week would never end.

I am taking DH out to teach him how to golf this weekend.  Finally gonna get to break in those new clubs he got for Christmas.  I am BEYOND excited.  Golf is an important part of who I am and I love that DH is so interested in sharing that with me.  I just hope the weather holds.  We keep saying we're going to go out and play, but stupid things like sleep and laundry keep distracting us.

@heffalump, I also drove through some wild weather on my way home yesterday.  I actually can't remember the last time I saw a sky this black:
    The lightning was spectacular, though, and I could hear the thunder over the radio.  It was crazy.

YOU GUYS they still haven't made a decision on who they want for this job.  I actually had a dream they hired Mr. No instead of me and I went BSC on them and threw my desktop monitor out the window.  I woke up thinking it had actually happened and worried that I didn't have a job at all.  I CAN'T HANDLE THE SUSPENSE.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    I am unfit for human company today.  I woke up in a beast of a mood and I suspect I'm staying here.  Hormones and stress are not a great combination.

• Options
    @AtomicBlonde yikes @ that photo!  Also, WTF at the whole Mr. No situation.  I mean, I know it's old news at this point, but I still SMH every time.  I hope you get it and if not then I hope you go all Joan of Arc on them.

@kimmiinthemitten, yay for your dress!

I remembered one of the things I was supposed to be doing:  getting a sitter for next Saturday, because it's our 10th anniversary.  :)
  • Options
    @Heffalump, it's gotten to the point where I almost don't even care who they choose, I just need them to make a decision before I lose my mind.  There's a serious lack of wine and ice cream at my house right now, and I'm running out of rooms to stress clean.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

@Kimmiinthemitten I demand pictures!!!!  :D that is so exciting!!!

Came in today and found out that my teammate called in sick. Ugh. There couldn't have been a worse time since we are so slammed right now. Oh well! I guess I'll just look at this as an opportunity to show the company how much I can do :)

This weekend went from no plans to packed full of plans. My boss offered me a bonus if I'll come in and work a half day tomorrow, so obviously I'm going to do that. Then I have a party to go to in the afternoon, and a last minute girls night with my cousins in the evening. I'm also dog sitting for one of my friends, which to her means stopping by twice a day to feed them and let them out. Lowest maintenance dog sitting gig ever!

• Options
    Varuna that comic is hilarious!

Our roof is leaky and it can't be fixed till next week. Other than that, all quiet on the midwestern front. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We had a freak downpour that left the poor landscapers drenched yesterday.  They're back at it today.  The patio is almost done, topsoil tonight, and mulch and seeding tomorrow.  We're scrambling to get the bushes from FIL today so we can plant them tonight before the mulch goes down (we saved a fortune using a wholesaler FIL knows).

The kids and I spent the morning picking strawberries then we have a program at the park this afternoon.  I think after that we're going to Costco then Krispy Kreme for National Donut Day.  Then day 2 of soccer tryouts.  DH said you can definitely tell the difference already between kids that have had pro coaches and the ones that have only had volunteer coaches.

Tomorrow baseball and canning pie filling and jam

Sunday morning 6let and M2 are playing a scrimmage soccer game.  6let is STOKED he gets to play on Crew field.  He's not so happy that he and M2 are on the same team. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Good morning!

DH and I took DefConn in for his last day or daycare this morning.  We brought doughnuts for his class. 

DH has to work tonight.  :(  He only has to work 6 hours, but still...kind of BS.

Tomorrow, I have a hair appt.  DH might go to his cousin's graduation ceremony.  I have some shopping to do.  I care so little about cooking that I'm thisclose to just buying a bunch of prepared stuff from Costco to eat over the next week for dinner.  I need to start packing/organizing this weekend and get our car snacks together. 

Sunday, I'm going to a birthday party for a family friend (her 40th).  My parents are driving me and DefConn and it's at a winery.  BONUS. 
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2016
    @AtomicBlonde Congrats!!!!!!!!!  Also, they do now make wine ice cream.  2 birds, one stone!

@6fsn I'm cracking up at 6let and M2's competition.

@scrunchythief I like that one too.

There was a pan of brownies in the kitchen from Pizza Hut.  I have no idea who brought them, what they were for, how long they'd been tehre, no info at all.  There was one brownie left.  I took it, w/no fucks to give.  It was delicious.  The snack cart should be around soon and all I'm saying is that they'd better have some White Cheddar Cheez-its on there.  I really should've called in "sick" and stayed home.  
    Bring me all the food things.  

ETA:  I also can't find a Spotify list I'm willing to listen to.  And b/c I was impatient with my new phone last night, I used a LOT of data and I don't reset until the 21st.
  • Options
    @AtomicBlonde :  I'm so excited for you!!

@thefanciestbeckler I'm just waiting for my dad to say he's been there and I'll have one of the girls take a pic.  I can't believe it's going to be in my house.

6, my coworkers were all just talking about National Donut Day. I think I still prefer National Wine Day.

• Options
    Of course they did @AtomicBlonde! Congratulations!! All the wine to celebrate tonight. 

H and I did our first trip to Costco together and I realized that we cannot shop there together. When it's something he wants its all "yes a 5lb box of cliff bars is a great idea" when it's something we use all the time but he just doesn't know (i.e. Laundry detergent and dryer sheets) he's all "are you sure we really need that? Yes, we go through these all the time you just never remember to buy them. 

But it we also found this great family run market with TONS of fresh fruit and veggies and meats that is so much cheaper than the Kroger. Seriously it's the coolest little store I love it. 

Im checking out gyms tonight. Since the knee recovery is still going super slow I can't go back to CrossFit yet (really bummed out still) so I think I'm just joining one of those huge generic gyms that are like $10/month. 
  • Options

@AtomicBlonde that is AMAZING news!!!!!!! Wow!!!!! So happy for you!

• Options
    Congrats, @AtomicBlonde!  You certainly earned it!

httptreasurediylolcomuploadspostimage608763resized_business-cat-meme-generator-congratulations-on-being-freaking-awesome-89dcfajpg
  • Options
    The HVAC guys have made some good progress. They also found out that the guys who installed our furnaces a few years ago had left one of the instructional manuals inside of the unit in our attic, right by the coils. We're lucky that it didn't catch fire. Our former home warranty company really did a great job of screening their contractors. 

I'm super excited to see the new programmable wi-fi thermostats in action, and the larger AC unit upstairs. 

• Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2016
    *Barbie* said:
    The HVAC guys have made some good progress. They also found out that the guys who installed our furnaces a few years ago had left one of the instructional manuals inside of the unit in our attic, right by the coils. We're lucky that it didn't catch fire. Our former home warranty company really did a great job of screening their contractors. 

I'm super excited to see the new programmable wi-fi thermostats in action, and the larger AC unit upstairs. 

I bet you'll love the wi-fi.  That was one of the first updates we made when we moved in, because they didn't even have programmable thermostats, just the basic ones the builder installed.  I am so frickin' lazy now, I will adjust the thing from the sofa with my phone, rather than get up and walk 10 feet.

ETA:  @kimmiinthemitten, that posted after I started replying to Barbie, and I had to go back and say that your dress is gorgeous.  I'd be excited, too!
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten that is GORGEOUS! You are going to be a beautiful bride! The bling is awesome and I love the detailing on the top!

• Options
    @kimmiinthemitten BEAUTIFUL!

--Philip Pullman

• Options
    Heffalump said:

I bet you'll love the wi-fi.  That was one of the first updates we made when we moved in, because they didn't even have programmable thermostats, just the basic ones the builder installed.  I am so frickin' lazy now, I will adjust the thing from the sofa with my phone, rather than get up and walk 10 feet.

I'm going to be doing the same thing, and drive DK bat shit crazy. We currently have the standard ones (not even programmable) and it's a huge PITA. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards