Chit Chat

Ticketmaster lawsuit

So, I logged on today and have 14 "free" vouchers and 13 discount codes (expiring 6/2020 at $2.25 each)

Not that I could try, since Chicago IL has nothing listed (or anywhere convenient to it) but my friend in NYC tried all her 18 codes and nothing worked.  Plus, it's a list that looks like it's from 1994.  California has some good options, though.  Was anyone here successful with any voucher?

Re: Ticketmaster lawsuit

• Same, I have a bunch of codes! There are shows in Tinley Park, IL (which I don't think is too bad as far as convenience to Chicago) and Indianapolis, but nothing that made me go oooo I want to get free tickets. 

I randomly tried to get the local Def Leppard (for my mom!... and me) and the local Pitbull show but the vouchers didn't work. I don't know why they'd choose to have the vouchers for only some cities on an artists' tour and not others but I thought I'd give it a try. No dice. 

• oh! Didn't see the Tinley Park one.  That one is not bad.  Must have missed that one.  So, do we need a class action lawsuit for this class action lawsuit? 

• I haven't tried my vouchers yet.  I maxed out at 17 on each.  Honestly, I'd rather have received a small check in the mail worth less than those vouchers than try to use the vouchers at this point.  We also only have 1 venue in the Philly area hosting the shows where the vouchers are good for, even thought there are 4 or 5 LiveNation venues in the area.
  • or merge everything together and get "Ticketmaster credit" in one lump sum. $2.25/ticket doesn't really help me much.

• or merge everything together and get "Ticketmaster credit" in one lump sum. $2.25/ticket doesn't really help me much.
    Agreed! Plus, I don't even know what price the voucher is good for. You have to select your tickets first before you ever get to the voucher entry. So if it doesn't work, is that because you selected the wrong price range? Are the voucher-eligible seats sold out? It's just... not an easy process here. 

• We have 8, but everything is booked for a long time, so we'll see what's coming in the fall.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I got tickets to see Zac Brown Band next week - so excited! There were a couple of other shows (Darius Rucker, Brad Paisley) that I could've gotten tickets for but they were on weeknights and the venue is a little over an hour away so it would've meant getting home SUPER late.

I have about 10 pairs of free tickets and almost $42 worth of the discount codes - you can stack the discount codes so I'm going to use them to see Chris Stapleton for free next month. My H still needs to check his account and see what he's got going on. The discount codes can be used on any concert as far as I can tell, not just the shows on the free ticket list.
    You can stack the voucher codes - I don't know if there's a limit but I was testing it earlier and it let me use multiple $2.25 credits on my order

or merge everything together and get "Ticketmaster credit" in one lump sum. $2.25/ticket doesn't really help me much.
    Agreed! Plus, I don't even know what price the voucher is good for. You have to select your tickets first before you ever get to the voucher entry. So if it doesn't work, is that because you selected the wrong price range? Are the voucher-eligible seats sold out? It's just... not an easy process here. 
    I'm pretty sure they can only be used on general admission - so lawn seats for the venues near me. I know that's the case for the sets of free tickets. I don't know if that applies to the discount codes, because I'm only buying lawn seats using my $2.25 discount codes.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    So apparently there are a "limited" number of general admission seats per concert listed on the site that are available for people using the vouchers they received from the class action lawsuit. We have several concerts available in our area but none of my codes work so i can only assume that those general admission seats have already been taken up.

Luckily they are supposed to add more concerts in the future, and i think they're going to add venues other than just Live Nation so hopefully that opens up availability for more people.

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

I have no codes, which was surprising because I know I've purchased through there during the time frame in question.

One person on fb said she was successfully able to purchase something with a voucher but others were saying the codes don't work - seems like a cluster!

• kvruns said:

I have no codes, which was surprising because I know I've purchased through there during the time frame in question.

One person on fb said she was successfully able to purchase something with a voucher but others were saying the codes don't work - seems like a cluster!

Same! I've definitely purchased several tickets through TicketMaster in that time frame, but "no vouchers available". 
  • I have 17 of the free pairs of tickets and 17 of the $2.25 vouchers. It looks like the $2.25 vouchers are working, but I didn't see anything even remotely close to me for the free tickets. I'll be surprised if I use any of them before they expire.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I can't believe I don't have any ticketmaster vouchers! I buy tickets from there all the time and have nothing, although it's hard to lose something you didn't have in the first place I suppose. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I had one voucher for 2 tickets, and one $2.25 discount code, and H had ten vouchers for 2 tickets each, and, like $30 in discount codes. But when I look at the list of eligible shows, there's nothing at all in the Pacific Northwest - we would have to go to Vegas to the Bay Area, and even then, there aren't many shows we are interested in. Definitely seems like Ticketmaster is trying to minimize how many people are actually able to use vouchers.

I guess we will keep checking back in hopes that there are eligible shows closer to home... The vouchers are good until 2020, so who knows.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had one voucher for 2 tickets, and one $2.25 discount code, and H had ten vouchers for 2 tickets each, and, like $30 in discount codes. But when I look at the list of eligible shows, there's nothing at all in the Pacific Northwest - we would have to go to Vegas to the Bay Area, and even then, there aren't many shows we are interested in. Definitely seems like Ticketmaster is trying to minimize how many people are actually able to use vouchers.

I guess we will keep checking back in hopes that there are eligible shows closer to home... The vouchers are good until 2020, so who knows.

You mean you don't want to go to Vegas for a Journey tribute band?!?!?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @ShesSoCold it's tempting, but... No.

I am a little jealous of whoever got tickets to Bob Dylan in Indianapolis, though... Looks like most/all of the decent shows are sold out at this point.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited June 2016

So, I bought tickets this morning. Ticketmaster only let me use two of the $2.25 codes at once.

ETA: I looked at the free shows again. It said the first wave was sold out and showed me a whole list of shows in Chicagoland that weren't listed yesterday that I would have been interested in. (shakes fist).

• This post prompted me to go back.  When I posted this, I had 6 pages to look at.  Now it's 14 pages total.  And just like you, a bunch of Tinley Park's popped up that @thisismynickname pointed out yesterday and I didn't get access to then.

Funny how that happened. 

• I just checked and now it's saying "At this time, the first wave of eligible events has been closed. Please check back periodically for updates."

WTF? I swear, they are making this exceedingly difficult in the hope people will give up...
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards