Wedding Woes
Options

Another one who can't move on to the other 3 men in the world

Dear Prudence,
I have a question that I think I know the answer to but will ask anyway. I had a tumultuous relationship with my ex. We moved in together quickly, he moved out eight months later due to something I did, then we spent the next few months figuring out if we wanted to be together at all. We did. I moved back in with him, then three months later, he broke up with me after several “failed attempts” to make it work (his words).

I decided to move back in with my family on the other side of the country. I had everything planned and he recently got in touch with me saying I was the love of his life and he wanted a second chance. He said that he gave me a second chance and it’s not fair that he doesn’t get the same. My instinct tells me to move on and that the relationship is broken to the point of not being able to fix it. But what if I’m the one making the biggest mistake of my life? For the record, my friends warned me that he would do exactly this. And he has a history of being very impulsive.

—Third Time’s the Charm

Re: Another one who can't move on to the other 3 men in the world

• Options
    Run. 
  • Options
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me.
    Fool me three times...

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
  • Options
    If he wants to be with her so badly, he can move to her neck of the woods. No way would I give up my life to go back to him under the circumstances. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me.
    Fool me three times...

• Options
    Mama always told me, "Life's not fair. DEAL WITH IT."

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards