Chit Chat

Please don't judge me

I hop this will be fun!!!  I'm trying to lose a little weight and get a little healthier pre-"trying to have a baby".

BUT - I'm on my own tonight and just had a bag of combination pizza rolls and a bottle of white wine for dinner.....p.s. it was delicious

What are silly things you've done lately that you wouldn't want anyone else to see, but you're really not that sorry for? 

Re: Please don't judge me

• No judgement here. I had grits, ice cream, a glass of wine, and a beer. I've been away from DH for too long and I've reached the "eating my feelings" phase.

I've also been binge watching Star Trek TNG... 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Same here!!!  I'm on a 10-week work assignment 10 hours (driving) away from him and won't be home til mid-August and it's starting to drive me crazy!!
  • I'm only 5 hours away, but due to company politics, emergent issues, and support needs, my 4-week assignment keeps getting longer. I'm crazy for all sorts of reasons, not the least of which is feeling like the cake is a lie.

The things we do for our careers... 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I watched 9 episodes in a row of Scandal today. Work has been horrible, I had the day off...and while I should have run, I figured eh...let's watch the rest of this season of Scandal that I haven't seen. Worth it.

• Well, for dinner last night I had 3 pieces of popcorn chicken and cherries and chocolate...
  • I spent my first hour at work today reading a book. 

--Philip Pullman

• I'm still in bed. H is running with the dog. Don't judge me. 
  • I had too many drinks with my girlfriends last night and bought a slice of deep dish pizza on my way home. SO good. No shame. 

• it's 10:30 and I haven't done any work yet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I made beans, cornbread, and lemonade cheesecake night before last for dinner. Yesterday I took leftovers for lunch and decided to eat Chick-fil-A instead. I also brought one of the two cheesecakes with me. I ate 2 slices of it at work, then went home and ate my lunch and two additional pieces of cornbread slathered in butter. It's a good thing I'm breastfeeding or I'd have 100 pounds to lose instead of just 20.

@OurWildKingdom I see no problem with that. 
  • My partner was out of town all week for work and I binge watched about a thousand episodes of Catfish on hulu.  It was delightfully trashy and I am not ashamed.  (Ok, maybe I'm a little ashamed...)
  • @DrillSergeantCat you have to share what lemonade cheesecake is!
  • @DrillSergeantCat you have to share what lemonade cheesecake is!
    3/4 cup of frozen lemonade concentrate
    2 8oz bricks of cream cheese
    5oz can of evaporated milk
    1 pkg lemon pudding mix

Mix together evaporated milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes
    Beat cream cheese until fluffy
    Add lemonade concentrate
    Slowly add in pudding mixture

Pour into graham cracker crust, cover, and refrigerate at least 4 hours
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Pizza and white wine are two of my absolute faves!

I plopped my kids in front of Sesame Street because I needed a minute...an hour ago :s
  • My boss isn't at work, so I don't feel inclined to be productive.

I had oatmeal for breakfast, but it was boring so I am going to go buy a breakfast sandwich now.

@DrillSergeantCat lemonade cheesecake sounds awesome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I made beans, cornbread, and lemonade cheesecake night before last for dinner. Yesterday I took leftovers for lunch and decided to eat Chick-fil-A instead. I also brought one of the two cheesecakes with me. I ate 2 slices of it at work, then went home and ate my lunch and two additional pieces of cornbread slathered in butter. It's a good thing I'm breastfeeding or I'd have 100 pounds to lose instead of just 20.

@OurWildKingdom I see no problem with that. 
    This my world this last week, except red velvet cake.  Thank God my 5month old loves to nurse.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • I'm supposed to be on a budget but this weekend I bought some Clark Flip Flops and the Star Spangled Banner Sperry tennies!
  • I splurged a bit this weekend too, @kimmiinthemitten.

The grey fascinator is for the wedding:

• The necklace is just because (and it was on sale):

• I splurged a bit this weekend too, @kimmiinthemitten.

The grey fascinator is for the wedding:

Love  the fascinator!
  • Thank you! I found it on Etsy. I wanted to wear a hat but thought that might be a bit much. I think this is a nice compromise.
  • Girl, my favorite dinner is whiskey and popcorn. I have no room to judge.

• Supposed to have spent this week writing essays and dissertation and all I've done is watch cake boss / say yes to the dress and 90 day fiance, crappy reality tv is my one true love
  • I'm having doughnuts and dr. pepper for breakfast while the kids have oatmeal and fruit.  I'm planning the meals for next week, and FI and I will be cutting our carb intake in half, so I'm over-indulging now, even though I know that's not how this works.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • kvruns said:
    we got this awesome cheddar popcorn that leaves your hands stained orange, even under my nails despite repeated washing and even a shower. Last night I had the genius idea to eat the popcorn with chopsticks. H looked at me like I was nuts but it was perfect, no messy hands. 

I have a 12 boxes of Cheddar Jolly Time popcorn currently sitting in my Amazon cart.  Because, for some reason I cannot fathom, it is not sold where I live.  So I have to ship it in.  I feel so guilty every time I order it, lol.

It does leave the fingers a bit gross.  Your chopstick idea is brilliant!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just tossed marshmallows to the dog seeing if he would catch them in his mouth (he almost caught one). It was fun to watch.
  • Husband and I were settling in for mimosas and crap tv this morning when work called me to fill in last minute. No shame. Finished the mimosa before jumping in the shower. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards