Snarky Brides
Options

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Funny how with each reply you're even more of a ***removed for TOS violation*** lol. There, I've edited my post with thousands of details including what I did prior to gargamel trying to barge into my living room. I'm praying for your poor husband because you certainly are a catch. ;) 
    Hold on, editing for tos because of mean (and unfounded) comments about someones weight, but not for calling them the big C? Or is it okay because she's being cute about it? If someone annoys the rest of us can we just go around calling them a C U Next Tuesday and thats peachy?

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Funny how with each reply you're even more of a ***removed for TOS violation*** lol. There, I've edited my post with thousands of details including what I did prior to gargamel trying to barge into my living room. I'm praying for your poor husband because you certainly are a catch. ;) 
    Hold on, editing for tos because of mean (and unfounded) comments about someones weight, but not for calling them the big C? Or is it okay because she's being cute about it? If someone annoys the rest of us can we just go around calling them a C U Next Tuesday and thats peachy?
    IT's been edited.
  • Options
    LMAO who snitched to the admin? Lots of big talk going on here about big girl panties but someone got their feelings hurt about a weight comment? I thought this was snarky brides where we can dish AND take it? Stop dishing if you can't take it then. 
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Funny how with each reply you're even more of a ***removed for TOS violation*** lol. There, I've edited my post with thousands of details including what I did prior to gargamel trying to barge into my living room. I'm praying for your poor husband because you certainly are a catch. ;) 
    IT's been edited.
    Yeah, now it has.

• Options
    LMAO who snitched to the admin? Lots of big talk going on here about big girl panties but someone got their feelings hurt about a weight comment? I thought this was snarky brides where we can dish AND take it? Stop dishing if you can't take it then. 
    I did. There's snark and there's calling someone actual names. This isn't high school, lady. I guess we have the answer as to why your landlord has no time for you. 

• Options
    You're more than welcome to keep attacking me. Trust me, I can take it. However, there are rules here about what you're allowed to post. 
  • Options
    @glasgowtolondon In the words of your friends, build a bridge and get over it. I'm over this post. Are YOU? 
  • Options
    @MrsPeacock2016 why the dirty delete? You've already been quoted. 
  • Options
    @glasgowtolondon In the words of your friends, build a bridge and get over it. I'm over this post. Are YOU? 
    Well......we're both still here sooooo sure ya are  :)

• Options
    @climbingwife

1. I bet you he threatened us first thus creating a hostile situation. We told him if he continued to threaten us or our property again we would call the police. "That's a nice car you have there I'm sure you wouldn't want a dent in it" is a threat. "Open your damn door so I can help you rearrange your furniture" is a threat. I'm sorry, I didn't know you were there in my house as it was happening.

2. We apologized and he didn't want to hear it. This is the first we've ever seen of this guy since he doesn't even live in the same state. Again, what part of we had permission do you not understand? 

3. Again, we don't have the guys phone number and we followed every proceedure in our lease.

4. You need to chill the F out and relax. Our situation does not harm your life in the slightest. This is a VENT post, not a "I wanted your useless opinion since you refuse to read what I'm saying" post. You need to have a drink or go flick your bean or do both! It'll help you relax since you're obviously in a foul mood to be this argumentative with a stranger. 

5. I'm going to pray for your husband. 
    First of all, if this is how you talk to internet strangers who offered advice about how to not get into this situation again, and a more objective viewpoint of the situation so that you would not be so stressed, then I would imagine that your spectacular attitude might have been the reason the situation with your other landlord escalated so quickly.

Second, @climbingwife was in fact chilled out and relaxed. And she did nothing to warrant the wrath you unleashed on her. 

Third, BINGO!
  • Options
    I do not. 
  • Options
    Didn't ask for advice, there was no offering OF advice. It's quite common sense to pay your rent on time. I'm more mad that he tried to enter our apartment. Not cool no matter what was said or done. You do not threaten a woman directly, you do not allude to harming people. I don't see how anyone could have read the original post and thought being late was the concern as it was communicated. That's not even what I would consider a wrath lmao everyone's different. 
  • Options
    First of all, if this is how you talk to internet strangers who offered advice about how to not get into this situation again, and a more objective viewpoint of the situation so that you would not be so stressed, then I would imagine that your spectacular attitude might have been the reason the situation with your other landlord escalated so quickly.

Second, @climbingwife was in fact chilled out and relaxed. And she did nothing to warrant the wrath you unleashed on her. 

Third, BINGO!
    I was wondering if there was BINGO here. 
  • Options
    @banana468 In PA, the statue for eviction proceedings is 15 days for a verbal or month to month lease or 90 days written notice for a year lease before court proceedings. But yeah, I accept full responsibility for paying late. :)  
  • Options
    Bottom line you are causing some of your own stress by not having your priorities in line.  

Figure out how to pay your obligations on time and you will not have this type of stress.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    The whole landlord issue was never a stress point of mine. The audacity to try to enter ones living space after behaving violently soured the morning is all. My main stress point is this damn gallbladder of mine, I've been in a "gallattack" all week. 
  • Options
    Why didn't you just call the "nice" landlord when the "mean" one was there so he could call his partner and straighten it out?

Or,  ya know, pay your bills on time. 
  • Options
    TFQ, @lyndausvi !

OP, why does your wedding being on the 10th mean you cannot pay rent by the 10th? That makes no sense. The two should not be connected.

Our rent is due on the 4th of every month, late after the 9th. We were out of the country for our honeymoon last summer from the 25th of one month through the 7th of the next month, so guess what we did? We emailed the landlord to let her know we were sending a check early, post-dated to the 4th, since we would be out of town, and put it in the mail before we left. We made sure our rent would be paid on-time, because we're grown-ups.

The way you tell your story makes me doubt the veracity of some of your claims... Like @charlotte989875 said, as this person was supposedly threatening to break in to your house, why didn't you call the "nice" landlord and ask him to talk to the other guy? I have a really hard time imagining this guy barging up to your house, you calmly explaining your agreement with the other landlord, and him proceeding to be a complete lunatic. I think you're leaving some details out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    "How dare you pay me before the day [insert payment type here] is due!!!"  SAID NO ONE EVER.

"How dare you pay me after the day [insert payment type here] is due!!!"  SAID EVERY MERCHANT EVER.

I get that the weeks leading up to a wedding are stressful, especially when it comes to all the money that simply evaporates from bank accounts, but adults still have fiscal responsibilities.  Weddings do not change that or give you a free pass from adulting.  I fail to see how getting married precludes payment of any type.  Unless you failed to budget appropriately for your wedding, and now that all the final payments AND rent are due, you're strapped for cash and don't have the means to pay on time.  If that is the case, then you should have planned and budgeted better.  Vendor/venue/miscellaneous wedding payments AND rent due dates and amounts are all knowns, and known well in advance.

I remain skeptical.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Apparently I miss all the good stuff.  :)
  • Options
    I missed the point about gallbladder attacks.    If they're lasting so long why aren't you seeing a surgeon or on a seriously modified diet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards