Chit Chat

Last nice thing your SO did/gave to you

DH came home with a brand new knife just for me.  Now, i'm fairly certain it's to keep me from using his knives (read: expensive), but it was sweet just the same.

So what nice thing has your SO done for you lately? 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Last nice thing your SO did/gave to you

• He brought me a bowl of strawberry ice cream about 15 minutes ago. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Made me laugh so hard I snorted after I called him on my lunch break today and I was feeling blue.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Made me laugh so hard I snorted after I called him on my lunch break today and I was feeling blue.
    How was your wedding????
  • I love these.  It's just goes to show something small can go a long way.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Remembered to buy milk on his way home... I didn't even have to ask :smile:

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    he gave me a card and a gift card to the maternity story after I had a break down of my clothes not fitting. Apparently he had ordered the gift card before the break down but the timing was good 
  • H planned out every dinner for this week AND did the shopping for it without asking for any help from me or texting me a million questions about where things are in the grocery store. 
  • I desperately wanted mashed potatoes with supper last night and I asked DH to peal and cut potatoes (because I HATE doing it). usually, he whines a bit but this time he did it no problem. 

• I had to take my car into the shop today. Even though he was up late last night with friends and this is his day to sleep in, he woke up early to act as my ride back to the house after I dropped the car off. 
  • He gave me a 2nd kiss on his way out the door this morning!

H also stopped at my parents' house yesterday to put the trash cans at the curb, since they are away.  I love that he also helps out my parents when its needed!

• We actually tend to buy each other gifts from time to time for no reason.  Me with funny shirts I see (he can wear anything to work. jeans and a t-shirt) but he bought each of us virtual reality goggles the other day.

I think it was to not feel guilty if he's using them with me in the room.  More like a "hey....let's VR "together" but obviously not together" type of thing. 

• He slept on the couch when I was super sick last week so I could get some much needed rest. 

ETA: I realized the probably sounds bad. I don't actually want to sleep in separate places, but we have a small queen bed and H stays up late so he didn't want to come in and wake me up. I thought it was sweet, but figured that probably didn't come across. 
    Heck no.  FI has wonky hours and can come and go any hour of the day.  I'm a light sleeper and if I wake up in the middle of the night, it's almost always impossible for me to get back to sleep.  And then I'm crabby* the whole day.

If it's after 1:00 a.m and FI comes home from work, he'll sleep on the couch as to not wake me.  

*note:  sometimes I'm crabby with or without sleep.

• Lately H has been watering the (quite large) perennial wildflower garden after work every evening. I get home after he does, so it saves me about 15 minutes.
  • I've been going crazy emotional with baby fever recently so when we took our little cousins to the zoo the other day he took the girls in the maze and chased them around happily so I could just have baby cuddles all day long. 
  • Made me breakfast this morning after the gym, texted me "I Love You!" during a horrid meeting an hour ago  <3
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• FI left me a sticky note saying "You're the best, I love you" where he knew I would see it when I got home from work  <3 
    I'm stealing this idea and leaving one on the fridge for H to see when he gets home tomorrow!!!
  • MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    Brought me cake from our favorite bakery! No occasion, it's was such a nice gesture. (Paris baguette for the win) Well that was the last nice thing he did. He does so many nice things at random times, like a secret day trip to a museum last week, I feel lucky :] and you all seem to have such wonderful SO's!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards