Not Engaged Yet

Friday! Weekend! WOO!

Morning! I'm feeling better from yesterday but still not great. Yesterday was definitely the worst of it, though, so hopefully the end is near! 

Tonight, H and I are going for sushi and then I have to pack for the weekend down the shore. 

Tomorrow is my birthday! My whole family will be over and we're going to BBQ during the day and then we're seeing the B Street Band at night which I'm really excited for. 

Sunday will be spent on the beach all day long and then H and I are leaving the pup at my parents' house and we're driving up to Asbury Park and staying at a hotel on the beach for the night. We'll have a nice dinner and cocktails at the rooftop bar/restaurant and probably have an early night. 

Monday we both took the day off work and we'll roll out of bed and into a beach chair. At some point, we'll head home and do the food shopping/meal prep for the week but I literally can NOT think about that right now. 

I'm so excited for the weekend with my family and a night away with just H. Even if I am turning a year older :wink:

Re: Friday! Weekend! WOO!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @speakeasy14 I'll have to check that app out and see about downloading it! We're taking Cinders with us to the beach and while this particular beach isn't dog friendly the town is so I plan to do lots and lots of walking.

Poor Calla-girl! I hope the bath and the medicine help her feel better!

• labrolabro member
    @beachyone15 Omg vodka smoothies + lazy river sounds like heaven! We're going to a little beach in the pandhandle called Rosemary Beach. It's not far from PCB where my uncle's family lives so we'll spend some time over there visiting...plus PCB has a dog friendly beach area so we'll be taking Cinders there!

• @labro - Has Cinders been to the beach before?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• labrolabro member
    @beachyone15 Nope this is her first time! Last time she was in Florida with us we didn't have time to take her but we're definitely taking her this time(and Maddux too)!!!

• @labro have a fun trip! 
    @beachyone15 she's been on the same brand for at least the past 4 years, might have been on something different when she was a puppy.  She's never had issues before which is why my vet didn't suggest I switch foods right away. 
  • labrolabro member
    @KeptInStitches Have you seen Oklahoma! before? I finally got to see it a couple years ago and loved it!

@speakeasy14 Maybe it's just a particular run on the food since she normally isn't bothered by it? It's always possible you just got a bad batch.

• Thank you, everyone!!!

@LizzyTish88 - I did! I'm so excited! The hotel looks beautiful. 

• @labro, I have seen Oklahoma! several times - I have a real Rodgers and Hammerstein weakness. Looking forward to it! It's being put on by a summer theater program, so I think they've had three weeks of rehearsal.

@LizzyTish88, enjoy your pedicure!
  • @KeptInStitches Yay for new yarn/projects!

@southernpeach89 Have fun at the beach!!

@PamBeesly524 Sounds like a great night! We have thrown around the idea of going camping! I think it would be so much fun!
    friends tv show funy
  • @southernpeach89 I hope you have fun in Florida too! Wine and cheese tasting sounds divine.
  • labrolabro member
    @PamBeesly524 Omg I am soooooooo jealous of your REI shopping trip. Please AW everything! What kind of tent are you planning to buy? Do you know yet? We need one for camping too...along with some lighter sleeping bags.

• @labro We're going to get a lightweight tent but otherwise nothing too fancy as we don't go as often as we'd like to go.

Right now we're eyeballing this one but won't know until we see it:

https://www.rei.com/product/810115/rei-passage-2-tent 

I also need a lightweight sleeping bag! I have a perfectly good one but it doesn't roll up nice and I wouldn't be able to attach it to anything or anything like that.

I'm also hoping to get some hiking boots. I'll AW everything Monday!
  • labrolabro member
    @PamBeesly524 Obviously you need to try it all on yourself...but I really like the pair of Saloman hiking boots I got from REI. They have great ankle support and are super lightweight. There was another pair that I liked more because they were a bit slimmer in the foot, but I could tell that my feet were rubbing on the sides which would end up being a bad time after a long hike so I didn't get them. I think the other brand was Ahnu or something.

• @labro Thanks! I'm totally lost when it comes to hiking boots so that is super helpful. I definitely want something with ankle support so all those hiking "shoes" are out for me!
  • labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes OMG I am LOL'ing over your H's birthday prank! I'm glad you're actually getting a real grown-up bike though. ;) Obviously nobody's guac is as good as @Swazzle's BUT at least you still had a nice time sitting out on the patio. Drinks + guac + patio seating sound like perfection!

• @TwoDimes - How funny! I'm surprised you can even buy a bike like that for grown-ups!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @TwoDimes hahahahaha I love that he got you a child's bike! Funny, but yeah not practical.
  • @TwoDimes A for effort for your H! Glad your getting a grown-up bike though! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @TwoDimes OMG that's hilarious! I guess the gift works two-fold: he got to see your expression when he gave you that bike, and now you get to pick out exactly the type of bike you want :) Glad your birthday was so nice but sorry about the food, what a bummer.
  • @speakeasy14 so I read yours as "callie" had an allergic reaction, so I thought you were @southernpeach89 and then I got to the part where you said "the vet" and I'm like wait, what? Why did she call Callie's doctor a vet?? bahahahha FRIDAY BRAIN. Hope she gets better

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards