Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Our proposed menu

2»

Re: Our proposed menu

• cgss11cgss11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    October in Ohio screams having some cider, warm or cold! I think a warm drink would definetely be nice to have in case it's a cooler day. 
  • So glad you're not doing rainbow icing!  I had a light blue ice cream pop the other day, and H said it looked like I blew a smurf.  And it stayed that way for hours.  I know frosting will have more concentrated dye, and with all the colors, I don't want to think what it would look like people were doing!  Glad FW is on board with the little flags.  
    All this talk about hot spiced cider (or cranberry and orange, as you're doing) is making me pine for fall.
  • edited July 2016
    For beverages, besides the ones I already listed, we're adding two iced teas (one mint, one peach-flavored, both unsweetened) and a copycat Hawaiian Punch (hold the red food coloring, because of stains).

This is the recipe I found:

http://www.adashofsanity.com/2015/04/copycat-hawaiian-punch-recipe/

FW loves Hawaiian Punch and will drink it morning, noon, and night. This version is healthier.

ETA: Still haven't decided on the candy. I may make one or two kinds or just skip it.

• For beverages, besides the ones I already listed, we're adding two iced teas (one mint, one peach-flavored, both unsweetened) and a copycat Hawaiian Punch (hold the red food coloring, because of stains).

This is the recipe I found:

http://www.adashofsanity.com/2015/04/copycat-hawaiian-punch-recipe/

FW loves Hawaiian Punch and will drink it morning, noon, and night. This version is healthier.

ETA: Still haven't decided on the candy. I may make one or two kinds or just skip it.

Do you want to be a crazed stressed out mess at your wedding?!? Every time you post you have a new DIY idea. You do not need to be serving any sort of Hawaiian Punch- original or healthier. It really adds nothing to your variety, isn't a huge crowd favorite, and is one more thing you have to make, store, transport, serve, and clean up. 

Besides if if it isn't frighteningly red it's not even Hawaiian Punch anyway. Some things just aren't healthy. 
  • edited July 2016
    @STARMOON44, I checked my calculations for how many beverages we need, and you're right, we don't need the Hawaiian Punch after all. I may try making it another time. 

Also, with cookies (our favor is chocolate chip cookies), cupcakes, and fruit, we really do have enough sweets. If I do feel like we need candy, I can buy it instead of making it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards