DIY Wedding Forum

After you drink all the wine . . .

edited August 2016 in DIY Wedding Forum
Wedding Wine Cork Table Numbers

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/hsh/5700209622.html

I might be too easily amused.

ETA: The seller is charging $250 for the set of 32.

Re: After you drink all the wine . . .

• It cracks me up when I see people say things like "totally spurged on my 25000$ cake topper/ flower girl shoes/ chalkboard/ giant letters, but it's okay. I plan on reselling them after the wedding". Okay, good, but don't expect anyone to pay more than 50-60% for anything. Planning on selling your wedding dress? Hope you have 2 years.
  • I mean, if the creator actually bought all the wine he/she needed to make 54 table numbers (since 10-32 are actually 2 numbers), and there are 30 corks in the number "4" alone... Then, yeah, I imagine he/she would think $250 is a steal for the set.

But that's an awful lot of wine, and I imagine it CAN be done, but that's like 30 bottles of wine a week and I know I don't have enough friends to help me drink it all, so the creator HAD to have collected/bought corks without the wine.

I am spending way too much time thinking about this.

It's like the people who go to the Dollar Store and buy dozens of $1 vases/votives, spend $20 in glitter and glue, and then try to sell each piece of glitter glass for $15-20/piece.  It's like a 5 minute DIY project, if you really wanted it.

Someone will be dumb enough to buy it, which is the saddest part of it.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Ugg.  I get irrationally annoyed when people try to sell their used shit at brand-new prices--or even higher!  I am part of a neighborhood buy/sell/trade group on Facebook and someone keeps posting their used stereo for $500.  Dude, the things cost $499 new at Best Buy.  No one is paying you $500 for your "like new" 2012 model.  Supreme eyeroll.

Intellectually I have no problem with people selling things at whatever price they think they can get, but it still bugs me.
  • @AtomicBlonde she probably did what I did and asked friends and family to save them.
  • $250?!?! I would pay maybe $50 total. 
  •  . . . Um, wha? I could buy 100 wine corks of my own for $19 + shipping. (A quick Google search revealed several sites with such deals). 

$250? No, thank you. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards