So I booked on-site wedding hair and make up services for myself and my bridal party of 3 with a service that has great reviews on the wedding websites. The trials went great! Contract signed, deposit placed.
Today, I got an email from the owner stating that my MUA is having some personal issue, is leaving the area, has to cancel for my wedding. This is 28 days before my wedding. I am in a panic. I am still booked with this company for hair.
The owner tells me she has one possible replacement and gives me her contact info. I texted the replacement MUA today to schedule a trial, asking what her availability was. She said she would look at her schedule. I waited 4 hours, no reply. I texted again to let her know in general what times would work for me. She texted me back "ok cool!" Still waiting to book a trial.
I am wondering how long to give the MUA to schedule with me before I go back to the owner, let her know I am in a time crunch and want to schedule ASAP, and that the MUA is not scheduling with me. How long before I start looking around for other companies? My fiancé said I should book trials with other companies now and cancel them if the one with the initial company works out, but that seems really unfair to the new companies.
Any advice? I am really in a panic!