Snarky Brides

Daily Facebook Faux Pas

Re: Daily Facebook Faux Pas

• I'll own up to being guilty of posting lots of cat pics. But in my defense, he's cute as hell.

• Had a girl ask in a wedding group if her father should wear the same as the groomsmen and just about everybody told her to have him wear what he feels comfortable in. Only one person said "It's your wedding. Have him wear whatever you want!"
  • Had a girl ask in a wedding group if her father should wear the same as the groomsmen and just about everybody told her to have him wear what he feels comfortable in. Only one person said "It's your wedding. Have him wear whatever you want!"
    That's encouraging. Maybe we can get to the point where all the adults will be allowed to dress themselves for a wedding.
  • my cousin who i've posted about a few times in here just found out that at her venue she has no options for an indoor ceremony, so she's just fingers crossed for clear skies. eek.
    There could be a compromise also! See if parent is comfortable with wearing what you want, if yes great. If not, see what they are comfortable with :)
    There could be a compromise also! See if parent is comfortable with wearing what you want, if yes great. If not, see what they are comfortable with :)
    I told her it wouldn't be inappropriate for him to dress slightly nicer than the guests since she mentioned the wedding was casual. MissKittyDanger said:
    The panties one got to me. 
    I told her it wouldn't be inappropriate for him to dress slightly nicer than the guests since she mentioned the wedding was casual. 
    ahh that's different when the wedding is more casual.
  • What THE FUCK is wrong with people???
    I wish I knew.

There was a big debate on facebook about the wig one. What are your thoughts about that one?
  • What THE FUCK is wrong with people???
    I wish I knew.

There was a big debate on facebook about the wig one. What are your thoughts about that one?
    I don't even understand what the debate would be. That someone should be allowed to specify someone wears a wig? If that's what is important to you, hire a fake bridesmaid and let your friend find actual good people who care about her for who she is. 
  • Or go shopping with her and buy her a cute headband that she could totally rock and look great in. 
  • So tonight a FB acquaintance posts a picture of the ticket for her Jack &Jill party with a suggested "donation" of $20, which is paid at the door.

Also, she's been married for months, and started using "hubby" and "Mrs. HisLastName" on all her pats. But they didn't tell anyone, so on one of her posts his aunt asks what the deal is and she says "oh we just got married because of insurance reasons, but don't worry we're still having the party". And she posts updates about her dress fitting, her shower, and stressed about the upcoming wedding. You're already married!?!
  • Ironring said:
    I don't even understand what the debate would be. That someone should be allowed to specify someone wears a wig? If that's what is important to you, hire a fake bridesmaid and let your friend find actual good people who care about her for who she is. 
    Actually, there were several that said it would be appropriate to kick her out because it was disrespectful to the bride to shave her head for charity before the wedding. 
  • Ironring said:
    Actually, there were several that said it would be appropriate to kick her out because it was disrespectful to the bride to shave her head for charity before the wedding. 
    So wrong. So, so, so wrong. One of my coworkers has shaved her head every once in awhile to support her sister who has cancer. St. Baldric's, I believe. A lot of women look great with a shaved head. Or a pixie. There's all kinds of ways to have fun with style without full, flowing locks. 

• I don't post much but can I just have a little rant!?  I'm so chuffed for a friend of mine who is expecting a baby however she posts near enough naked pictures of her bump at least twice a week.  Tooo much!!!! 
    Really agree. I think the bump shots are...a lot, most of the time. I try not to judge too much, because I do get that other peoples' Facebooks aren't for me....but I feel like we all know what a baby bump looks like, right? Maybe just HALF the bump pictures would be enough...
    I agree. I never posted bump pictures to facebook. Like "EVERYONE, look at my belly. It's getting bigger - imagine that!"

In my snarky mind, there are two main reasons to post bump pictures every single week: 1) you think you look great and/or want people to tell you how great you look; or 2) you're excited to be pregnant and having a baby. If the latter, then why not just post words every week that say "another week has gone by and I'm still excited to be having a baby." Oh that's dumb, repetitive and overkill? Of course it is...
    *********************************************************************************

• I don't post much but can I just have a little rant!?  I'm so chuffed for a friend of mine who is expecting a baby however she posts near enough naked pictures of her bump at least twice a week.  Tooo much!!!! 
    do we have the same friend, because mine did a half naked pregnancy photo shoot and shared all of the pics on fb. She technically had an almost see-through robe on for a lot of them but there was nothing left to the imagination especially with it wide open barely covering the nips
  • a girl I know posted a pic from a bridal store with a sign that said "I said yes" saying she picked out her wedding dress for their real wedding 3 years later. They got married at a JoP shortly after getting pregnant and now have 2 kids. You're already married, have 2 kids, that ship has sailed. 
  • In my experience, the people posting monthly bump pictures are the same people who post monthly pictures of their baby with the signage about how many months old the child is. 

Maybe it's just the photography snob in me, but while I don't mind seeing cute pictures of kids, I wish the kids were doing something. The same pose month after month is yawn-worthy, but if the monthly photos showed real growth progression- like mid-roll, or crawling, or walking for example- that'd be more fun to see. 

I can't even with the sexy pregnancy photos. Thanks for the visual reminder of how you got the baby bump in the first place! 

• In my experience, the people posting monthly bump pictures are the same people who post monthly pictures of their baby with the signage about how many months old the child is. 

Maybe it's just the photography snob in me, but while I don't mind seeing cute pictures of kids, I wish the kids were doing something. The same pose month after month is yawn-worthy, but if the monthly photos showed real growth progression- like mid-roll, or crawling, or walking for example- that'd be more fun to see. 

I can't even with the sexy pregnancy photos. Thanks for the visual reminder of how you got the baby bump in the first place! 
    They don't really have the ability to do anything for several months, though. I always do side-by-side pictures to show how he's changed from the previous months. 
  • I really like the comparisons next to a stuff animal. Having that context of how little they used to be can be really cute/funny. 
  • I realized that I'm Facebook friends with a lot of babies, judging by how many people have their profile picture as their baby and only post pictures of the baby and updates on the baby's development. I am so tired of the same baby announcement (their pet wearing a shirt that says "big sister/brother" or a pair of shoes with a pair of baby shoes) popping up every few months on my facebook feed.

Though going by that you'd think I was a cat or a set of fingernails since every picture I post is one of those two things.

Define 'sexy' - I'm curious because a friend of mine did a preggo photo and it was sexier than normal {wore lace, but not lingerie style - appropriate lace} and just the way she was it wasn't like a typical maternity photo style.
  • Ironring said:
    I really like the comparisons next to a stuff animal. Having that context of how little they used to be can be really cute/funny. 
    Same! I would only do it monthly for the first year and then try to do it every year for the birthday kinda deal.
    Apparently there's a popular teddy bear at Costco that's huge and people use that :)
  • Ironring said:
    I really like the comparisons next to a stuff animal. Having that context of how little they used to be can be really cute/funny. 
    We did this for our 3 kids - 1 per month for the first year. We used the same animal for all the kids. It was fun to see how big they were at the same age. This was WAY before FB though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards