Moms and Maids

Underwhelming bridesmaids

13»

Re: Underwhelming bridesmaids

• Ironring said:
    Can we nominate where we think the "nice place" is? Cuz I'm from Canada and we apologize and stuff.....
    Same. And I thought we were the nice place lmao ....

I was told that if you accidentally run into a Canadian, he or she gives you a doughnut.

I would definitely say that is significantly nicer than other places.

WTF?  I'm right across the border and run into them all of the time and I've never gotten a doughnut.

That's it; I'm disqualifying OP as a Canadian.

I give wine. We hoard the donuts.
    My (non-Canadian) city is getting a Tim Hortons.  It's going to be right by my work.  How good/bad can I expect this development to be?
    I'm not a coffee fan, but the pricing is good. I typically get steeped tea. Their snack options are good and the sandwiches are very good.
  • FYI to those who hate Tims coffee - McD's bought the former blend and use it. Hate Tims but love McD's? That's why ;)
  • It sounds to me like you are a very kind person.  It was overwhelmingly considerate and kind of you and your family to pay for everything for your bridesmaids.

While you cannot expect anything from anyone, I can understand how you may have felt a little under appreciated by your maids.  Even if they could not help financially or did not it would be welcomed, a simple "thank you" goes a long way.  I completely understand that you are just venting here, but this may have to be your venue for that so you do not come off as upset or angry (even if you are a little bit)

That being said, I think you went above and beyond to be accomodating financially.  At the end of the day, we have to do things because we want to or feel that is the best option, not for the gratitude that may never come.  We will not always be thanked, but for all intents and purposes, I'm sure your giving heart is appreciated even though you may not hear it.

• Ironring said:
    Can we nominate where we think the "nice place" is? Cuz I'm from Canada and we apologize and stuff.....
    Same. And I thought we were the nice place lmao ....

I was told that if you accidentally run into a Canadian, he or she gives you a doughnut.

I would definitely say that is significantly nicer than other places.

WTF?  I'm right across the border and run into them all of the time and I've never gotten a doughnut.

That's it; I'm disqualifying OP as a Canadian.

I give wine. We hoard the donuts.
    My (non-Canadian) city is getting a Tim Hortons.  It's going to be right by my work.  How good/bad can I expect this development to be?
    the tim hortons in my town was out of business in less than a year, but i live in the northeast and it's dunkin territory
  • @TrixieJess I thought the same thing!  I don't know the last time I've seen the word "kind" used so often.
  • @TrixieJess I thought the same thing!  I don't know the last time I've seen the word "kind" used so often.
    Same here.
  • @TrixieJess  I miss country style!!! :'(
    My mum is an avid coffee drinker and she use to work at McDs, that's how I found out ;)
    My mum is an avid coffee drinker and she use to work at McDs, that's how I found out ;)
    We have a Timmies and a Country Style two doors down on my way into work. Mind you there is a Timmies every 3 blocks in my city. 
    We have a Timmies and a Country Style two doors down on my way into work. Mind you there is a Timmies every 3 blocks in my city. 
    Same! lmao
  • I live in Hamilton- home to the very first Tim Horton's. It's a big deal here :P. Crazy how much people love their coffee (I do not). I do also really like their muffins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards