Snarky Brides

Daily Facebook Faux Pas

1235»

Re: Daily Facebook Faux Pas

• My FI is really opposed to the idea of our future children's photos on Facebook. He thinks it's creepy to have photos of children online.

I really enjoy seeing friend's photos of babies and kids. I live really far from most of my family and friends, so it's nice to see their updates. 

As for wedding updates on Facebook, I don't mind seeing most updates. I've posted about my wedding planning. I assume if someone finds it annoying, they'd just unfollow. I try to just post the big stuff.. the engagement, finding the dress, finding out the candlestick I'm polishing is from 1893... But who knows, I'm sure I've annoyed someone.
  • My FI is really opposed to the idea of our future children's photos on Facebook. He thinks it's creepy to have photos of children online.

I really enjoy seeing friend's photos of babies and kids. I live really far from most of my family and friends, so it's nice to see their updates. 

As for wedding updates on Facebook, I don't mind seeing most updates. I've posted about my wedding planning. I assume if someone finds it annoying, they'd just unfollow. I try to just post the big stuff.. the engagement, finding the dress, finding out the candlestick I'm polishing is from 1893... But who knows, I'm sure I've annoyed someone.
    I find it odd when people post about wedding planning when I'm not on the guest list. Engagement and events (shower, bachelorette) is one thing...but I think it's weird to read a friend's wedding details about a wedding I'm not attending. I don't want to unfollow them forever or anything, but yeah, I don't get it.

But I'm also pretty sure I'm a curmudgeon ;) I just scroll by.

I find it odd when people post about wedding planning when I'm not on the guest list. Engagement and events (shower, bachelorette) is one thing...but I think it's weird to read a friend's wedding details about a wedding I'm not attending. I don't want to unfollow them forever or anything, but yeah, I don't get it.

But I'm also pretty sure I'm a curmudgeon ;) I just scroll by.
    I think more people are more annoyed with pictures of my dog. I am definitely crazy when it comes to her. But I think everyone has their thing that they post about more often than they probably should. I'm usually more open to seeing wedding planning than political opinions (some people scare me). 

But I think the general consensus from this thread can be summed up with #saynotohashtags. 
  • MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    My cousin (getting married 6 months after me) mentioned she's getting a bridesmaid to cover her tattoos. She's pretty good with etiquette stuff except for this. She's adding a FSIL to her bridal party that her and even her FH hate so maybe I'll leave this one alone...

Other than that I don't understand the need to add people to wedding parties out of obligation.

And this one:
    Day of the wedding she asked me to be a bridesmaid And gave me her exbridesmaids dress which was a size 16 I was a size 2  She begged me to just safety pin it
    A co-worker did exactly this!! (Is this her bridesmaid?) She felt bad afterwards but damn, bad judgement there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards