Snarky Brides

Facebook Snark

13»

Re: Facebook Snark

• Can I snark on something NWR? There are two different women on my FB feed now posting Gofundme's for babies. One is adopting, one is carrying her child. But they're both for "covering the costs of the baby" or "so the parents can take more time off work and not stress about money" or "the legal fees are high". Like, hello, all of these things are predictable when having a child.

Also, they repost the link like every 3 days so it's super annoying. 
    I Haaaaaate gfm for adoption. I know adoption costs a lot more than the regular way of having a kid, but I cannot get behind paying for someone else to get a kid. If you go the adoption route, you need to figure out how to pay for it yourself. 

If you go through your county's foster system, you can pay as little as nothing.
  • Can I snark on something NWR? There are two different women on my FB feed now posting Gofundme's for babies. One is adopting, one is carrying her child. But they're both for "covering the costs of the baby" or "so the parents can take more time off work and not stress about money" or "the legal fees are high". Like, hello, all of these things are predictable when having a child.

Also, they repost the link like every 3 days so it's super annoying. 
    I Haaaaaate gfm for adoption. I know adoption costs a lot more than the regular way of having a kid, but I cannot get behind paying for someone else to get a kid. If you go the adoption route, you need to figure out how to pay for it yourself. 

If you go through your county's foster system, you can pay as little as nothing.
    Not only that, you may be able to get financial assistance from the county.
  • I'm in a fb group related to the Bachelor/ette franchise and someone's asking for help planning their "actual wedding" they're having this fall (they got married in February).

So far the suggestions have included:
    - Definitely call in as many favors as you've got. People WANT to help you with your wedding, so don't be afraid to ask for a hand.
    You can also register for money for a honeymoon or for a big purchase you're saving for. Sounds kind of awkward, but people LOVE participating in your life in this way, I promise.
    -
     Idk if your wedding is something that everyone knows about, but my friends did a secret wedding and it was basically the greatest thing ever.

OP mentioned a $2k budget so multiple people have pointed out that vendors usually mark up their prices once they hear the word wedding, and I keep wanting to reply "Should be easy to avoid that since they're already married."