Wedding Woes

Monday

Re: Monday

• @sparklepants41  same with me. Not first snow fall but people forgot how to drive. A bus ride that normally takes about 40mins {max} took almost 2hrs because of weather and traffic -.-'
    It boggles the mind...
  • So while I'm in traffic - which is craaaaaaaaaawling - I look over and there is a guy in a pickup truck in the lane to the left of me with Guam license plates. Yep. You read that right. GUAM. How is it that Guy From FREAKING Guam can drive in snow with no problems - but all of New England has serious issues?!
    lol - which is why I'm happy our first big snow fall was on a Sunday this year.  Although first big snow fall weekend and snow fall workday are still two different things.  We've got to get past the first workweek day with snow.

@NOLABridesmaid, that is awesome!!!  GL to her! I hear of so many people having baby girls right now.   My SIL is due in 7 days, and they keep the sex a secret, so I'm anxiously awaiting that announcement. 

• @kimmiinthemitten, sorry to hear about your former coworker!  I'm glad your dad is doing okay, despite all the hospital translator bungling.  Wedding soon!

@6fsn, with that neighbor, I'd debate between not responding or telling her to come by and get it when you're home, but you're not holding it for her.  It's going to the first person that comes for it.

Monday update.   Both of my fridges got delivered to the new duplex.

Someone more responsible asked first.  If it gets to dodo bird I think I'll be honest with her and give her one night to get it.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I can't believe it's less than 3 weeks until Christmas.  This year has passed so fast. 

How was the weekend? 
    Fuck!! I haven't bought any gifts yet ><

Normally I have no issues with online shopping or shopping in general, but I think I'm doing a stressed out avoidance thing right now, lol.

Friday night I felt some sort of general malaise and didn't accomplish much more than dictating dinner and watching TV on the couch with DH and my sister who came over to study.

Saturday mom and I took my niece and nephew to make gingerbread houses at my library- messy!  Then we had brunch at my house while DH tried to descale and fix the Keurig. . . it was only making a half of cup of coffee, no matter what size cup was selected.

Then DH and I ran some errands, which included getting some icicle lights for the front porch :-)  I wanted the traditional lights that look like this when you hang them:

httpwarisanlightingcomwp-contentuploadsparserchristmas-outdoor-icicle-lights-8jpg

But DH wanted to get LEDs so now we have a mix of warm and cool white lights, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Plus, they don't hang in the same way the ones above do.  But two of the strands have large icicles that have this dripping light effect which is cool.

Then DH started to feel sick. . . then Sunday he was really sick and I didn't feel great again either.  And the Keurig was goofed up again ><  And I just didn't get as much DIY decorating done as I wanted to because I felt blah.

I need to get in gear and get my shopping done and get my glitter houses made ><

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I found out my sister is having a GIRL!!! Yay! More estrogen in the family. She is 22 weeks and thankfully having a easy pregnancy, since is considered high risk for her age. cough...cough 46.

I was a slug this weekend. It was cold and rainy, so I didn't get out much. I have to run the errands I was suppose to get to this weekend after work. Other than that, not much going on in my neck of the woods.

Congrats, Auntie NOLA!  :D
  • Congrats on the baby girl....and I can't wait for an update @charmedpam!

The DOJ just emailed back.  They're opening up a lawsuit against the hospital for discrimination!

That is awesome, @kimmiinthemitten!  Good on you.
  • @kimmiinthemitten I'm so glad to hear about the discrimination suit. I hope you know I wasn't trying to say your father is a problem on the other thread, just that they're treating him that way.

@AtomicBlonde congrats on the new family member. I like Twiggy. 

@ShesSoCold Congrats!

I went to the doctor this morning. I have a sinus infection and got a scrip for amoxicillin. I was the only patient there and the visit was an hour because he talks so much. 
  • Kimmii - I hope dadinthemitten gets justice on behalf of himself and any future patients with similar disabilities!  I hope he continues to get better each day!

SSC - Congrats on the new job!  Hopefully the new job mojo will spread to other WWers!

NOLA - Congrats!  Another girl to populate the world!

CharmedPam - My brother & his wife kept the gender a secret too.  Except my brother didn't want to know and my SIL did.  So SIL found out each time on her own and didn't tell my brother.  The shower shopping was bad because there were not many gender neutral outfits at the time, so I had a tough time getting something!  My SIL did let out a hint what my nephew was at the shower, which was unintentional on her part.  But you will find out soon!  Congrats as well!

• @NOLABridesmaid  yay Auntie! :) Is your sister in good health despite being high-risk?

@ShesSoCold  congrats! :D
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2016

@sparklepants41 and @MissKittyDanger, oh no, no, no, no, no.  You just don't know the fun of "snow driving" until you do it in a place that rarely snows.  In the 15 years I've lived in NOLA, it has snowed 3x.

At one job, I had a view of the road.  Cars in full slide at least every few minutes.  It was almost beautiful in its grace...until they finished their slide by running into another car or a lamppost.  To be fair, we don't have the right roads or tires for such things.  In addition to our crap-ass drivers that can't drive properly, even in full sunshine.

Me personally, if it is snowing or icy, I take the bus.  I'm not "gambling" my car in those conditions.  I don't trust my driving in the snow/ice, but I REALLY don't trust anybody else's.

Ugh, now another Monday update.  This time a bad one.  Heads are already rolling at my work.  I know of one three coworkers who were let go right before lunch.

One of them is preggers and was out for the day on three doctor appointments.  The big boss called her on her cell to let her know.  Yikes!  I mean, I guess the boss does what he needs to do, but that's an extra rough way for her to hear the news!

@ShesSoCold, congrats!  You give me hope there are better things out there ;).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats @ShesSoCold - and well deserved!

@DrillSergeantCat I knew what you meant.
  • This weekend was so jammed packed that I didnt really enjoy it. 

Friday: We picked out a tree. I thought the tree looked skinny at the lot but the guy convinced me that the branches just needed to fall. He was wrong and I dont like the tree. I also wrapped about 1/3 of the presents while H  just sat there claiming to not know how to wrap. 

Saturday: I woke up at 5:30 to do a 90 minute Orange Theory class. I loved it but was so tired the rest of the day. I decorated our tree, which caused me to work up a sweat because I was rushing to finish it before DS2's nap as over. And I was cursing myself for picking that tree.  We went to at The Barn. If you are around Chicago, I highly recommend you try it. Its a new steak house in Evanston. 

Sunday: We took a Polar express train to the "north pole." It was a huge bust. My kids were too young to appreciate it. The train was late both ways and we were stuck outside in the snow waiting. For dinner, we took my mom out for her birthday. When we were getting out of the car, a HUGE pile of wet snow fell off a branch are on to my head. When we got home I did laundry and made cookies. 

I am dying for a weekend filled with nothing but I don't think that is going to happen until end of Jan when we go on vacation. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so jealous of all of you people with snow. I want it to snow here so bad! It was supposed to snow this weekend, but that didn't happen. Our 15 day forecast has highs in the 50's.
  • @short+sassy  you'd think having winter regularly, people would know how to drive but no. Some drive like they've never seen snow ever.
  • @ShesSoCold, yay! Congrats on the new job! I love starting fresh in January on new things.  Good time to start!

@Drillsergeantcat, I'm in the minority here, but I hate the snow.  It's pretty.  I hate driving in it.  You can take have my share of it, if you want? 

• I am so jealous of all of you people with snow. I want it to snow here so bad! It was supposed to snow this weekend, but that didn't happen. Our 15 day forecast has highs in the 50's.
    I'm envious of your lack of snow
  • @CharmedPam I would love to take your share. We so rarely get snow, we get ice. I just feel like if it's going to be cold, then we should at least get the benefit of something pretty to look at. However, OK turns into a complete shitshow at even the slightest hint of precipitation. 
  • @CharmedPam I would love to take your share. We so rarely get snow, we get ice. I just feel like if it's going to be cold, then we should at least get the benefit of something pretty to look at. However, OK turns into a complete shitshow at even the slightest hint of precipitation. 

Yes!!!  I felt so "robbed" a few years ago.  There was a horrible cold spell throughout North America.  Even down here, it was below freezing for three days straight.

But no snow.  Just ice everywhere.  I wanted to throw my cat and dog out into some snow and see their reaction.  Denied.  Lame.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Image result for praying for a blizzard dairy queen
    No, no, no. No blizzard. Just a few inches. Just enough to kill all the damn bugs that won't go away.
  • This was me last night when it was snowing....

...except I don't sound like Rosemary Clooney or Bing Crosby.

White Christmas is my all-time favorite movie.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Sunday was a relaxing day, totally at home.  I had a few glasses of POG mimosas (Pineapple, Orange, Guava juice).  That was a good combo I had never tried before, but I made the mistake of thinking it was REAL juice.  It was not.  It was a juice cocktail.  Only 15% juice.  The rest was water and crap tons of sugar.  Super gross in comparison to the real thing.  I never knowingly buy juice cocktail, but sometimes I get "tricked". 

This reminded me. Once, I tried to get "real cranberry juice" instead of cranberry juice cocktail. Holy shit, it was terrible! My mouth is salivating as I write this remembering how disgusting it was. I couldn't even cut it with vodka. It still tasted bad with vodka. Very sad. 

@PrettyGirlLost
    I like your Christmas decor!

So, my parents came over on Saturday and it was all I could do not to fall asleep on them later in the day. (We're waiting to tell all the parents about my pregnancy at Christmas.) I mentioned I was "cutting down on caffeine" and they were none the wiser because both my sister and my dad have successfully done it. Then Saturday night I slept for 11 hours. Woke up, went to the gym, took a nap. Woke up, walked to get groceries, took a nap. Woke up and put up Christmas decorations and managed to stay up until about ten. 
    I don't know if this is "first trimester fatigue" so much as "cut my caffeine intake 75% fatigue" but it's a bitch! It's 3:45CST here and I have to work until 8pm. So. tired. 

• Sunday was a relaxing day, totally at home.  I had a few glasses of POG mimosas (Pineapple, Orange, Guava juice).  That was a good combo I had never tried before, but I made the mistake of thinking it was REAL juice.  It was not.  It was a juice cocktail.  Only 15% juice.  The rest was water and crap tons of sugar.  Super gross in comparison to the real thing.  I never knowingly buy juice cocktail, but sometimes I get "tricked". 

This reminded me. Once, I tried to get "real cranberry juice" instead of cranberry juice cocktail. Holy shit, it was terrible! My mouth is salivating as I write this remembering how disgusting it was. I couldn't even cut it with vodka. It still tasted bad with vodka. Very sad. 

@PrettyGirlLost
    I like your Christmas decor!

So, my parents came over on Saturday and it was all I could do not to fall asleep on them later in the day. (We're waiting to tell all the parents about my pregnancy at Christmas.) I mentioned I was "cutting down on caffeine" and they were none the wiser because both my sister and my dad have successfully done it. Then Saturday night I slept for 11 hours. Woke up, went to the gym, took a nap. Woke up, walked to get groceries, took a nap. Woke up and put up Christmas decorations and managed to stay up until about ten. 
    I don't know if this is "first trimester fatigue" so much as "cut my caffeine intake 75% fatigue" but it's a bitch! It's 3:45CST here and I have to work until 8pm. So. tired. 
    This sounds like me in my first trimesters! H and I use to carpool to and from work - about a 25 minute drive. I would sleep on the way in and on the way home! Good luck, I'm sure you'll feel more awake after the first trimester.