Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday!

2»

Re: Wednesday!

• Options
    week seems to be creeping by, but only 11 days until our cruise! 

our little 10.5yo puggle seems to have kennel cough. we picked the dogs up yesterday and he was hacking away last night. they're both vaccinated, but we're trying to keep them apart, just in case. little guy is going back to the vet (we board them there) tonight, to see if there's anything they can do for him. 

the vet did pics with Santa this weekend, and just forwarded them along:
    Displaying Kluznikjpg
    they look a little concerned. 

• Options
    Sending job vibes, healing vibes, and hugs to all who need them!

@*Barbie*, I can't see your picture! 

Nothing exciting today, except that my boss still hasn't approved my vacation time request for the 23rd and 27th. Looks like we'll be home for Christmas after all, instead of visiting FMIL and FSD. 

FW is in a mood today. Good thing work has been slow so I can check in on her via text. I'm going to go to a meeting right after work, then go home to see what I can do to support her.
  • Options
    Had an ultrasound this morning and baby girl is frank breech. I go back in 6 weeks to see if she's flipped, if not...c-section. Both the perinatologist and my OB have said not to worry yet, but that it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and start trying to flip her. 

Mom is back in surgery and she'll be out about the same time I get off work, so I'm headed up there to see her after work. She'll be happy to get to see pics of baby girl (who H says looks like me). 

Otherwise, I'm exhausted! I woke up at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep. 
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise  Ooh! I think I'll look for it :) Thanks!

@DrillSergeantCat  hopefully little one flips on her own! And mama needs sleep!
  • Options
    I finally got around to calling my allergist about looking into new allergy meds they have out. Instead of having the shot {which I qualify for} they can do a pill that you put under your tongue and it melts. Every day during allergy season. Which is likely 8 months of the year. I just want some relief in fall for ragweed :'(
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Heffalump said:

mrsconn23 said:
    DefConn has a cold with a gnarly cough.  It's not slowing him down much and he doesn't have a fever.  But his cough was worrying me last night.  :(  I hate when I'm unsure when to haul them in or let it ride.  I gave him cold meds this morning to get through the day. 

DS's cough two nights ago was definitely a croupy cough, and I was on high alert.  When he woke up, didn't have a fever, and was his usual chipper self, DH and I were like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, off to daycare!  #momoftheyear

He's super froggy and losing his voice.  :(  It's adorably sad.  He got off the bus saying his tongue is 'bumpy' and it hurts a little to swallow.   He doesn't seem feverish, but he's been stuffy and had other cold symptoms since around Thanksgiving.  

He's still in good spirits, but I have a feeling I might need to prepare for a stay home and go to the doctor day tomorrow.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Heffalump said:

mrsconn23 said:
    DefConn has a cold with a gnarly cough.  It's not slowing him down much and he doesn't have a fever.  But his cough was worrying me last night.  :(  I hate when I'm unsure when to haul them in or let it ride.  I gave him cold meds this morning to get through the day. 

DS's cough two nights ago was definitely a croupy cough, and I was on high alert.  When he woke up, didn't have a fever, and was his usual chipper self, DH and I were like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, off to daycare!  #momoftheyear

He's super froggy and losing his voice.  :(  It's adorably sad.  He got off the bus saying his tongue is 'bumpy' and it hurts a little to swallow.   He doesn't seem feverish, but he's been stuffy and had other cold symptoms since around Thanksgiving.  

He's still in good spirits, but I have a feeling I might need to prepare for a stay home and go to the doctor day tomorrow.  
    There is a nasty respiratory thing going around. I've been told the cough takes weeks to go away! I hope he feels better sooner rather than later!
  • Options

My chit chat for the day is that I've been investigating a severe conduct issue with a student since Friday. The student is lying. through. her damn. teeth. I really want to just say in person, "THE JIG IS UP STOP LYING" but alas I must remain professional. She's getting on my nerves because she obviously thinks she's smarter than school administration. It is as plain as the nose on my face she cheated off a relative in the same program. Just own up to it! Most conduct issues I work on, the student knows they've gotten caught and either apologize or come up with every excuse on the planet to try to justify what they did. This student just keeps lying. UGHHH. 
    Don't you know 19 year old college students know absolutely everything and are far more intelligent than literally everyone else? 

Plagiarizers (I'm assuming that's what happened here) are the worst. Like you really don't think we can tell this work is word for word the same as someone elses?! 
    Oh it gets worse. It was initially plagiarism but extends into conduct because she's in nursing and the paper was supposed to be about a real patient. We don't put fraudsters out into the profession, I can tell ya that! 
    Woah, that's really bad. Yah, she really shouldn't be doubling-down on the lying in that case. There is no way this ends well for her, right? 
    Nope. No way at all. 

• Options
    Had an ultrasound this morning and baby girl is frank breech. I go back in 6 weeks to see if she's flipped, if not...c-section. Both the perinatologist and my OB have said not to worry yet, but that it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and start trying to flip her. 

Mom is back in surgery and she'll be out about the same time I get off work, so I'm headed up there to see her after work. She'll be happy to get to see pics of baby girl (who H says looks like me). 

Otherwise, I'm exhausted! I woke up at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep. 
    I've really always wondered- how does a baby flip anyway? I know it happens, but does the mom feel it happening? How does one "try" to flip?
    It just makes me picture a womb as a giant snow globe. Shake shake shake. 

• Options
    I've really always wondered- how does a baby flip anyway? I know it happens, but does the mom feel it happening? How does one "try" to flip?
    I immediately thought of this:

Today was crazy busy!  Had 3 work appointments in the am, and then a meeting with the wedding planner/BFF and my hired DOC which went really well.

Then I had a VM from the venue coordinator telling us what our bar bill is (okay) and that we still owe half of our deposit (not okay).  I just sent him a copy of the cancelled check from July 2015.  He is so scatterbrained, and this place is under valued and under utilized and he and the ownership are 100% why.  They don't even take credit cards.  It's 2016 - it's safer for a company than a check!

I had my final dress fitting yesterday and you can see my side scars.  The seamstress swears that she never noticed them until I pointed them out, but now that I know they're there I am paranoid.

This is basically what it looks like through the allusion back, but my lines are pinker (and about 2-3" longer - I stretch almost across the entire side).

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Heffalump said:

mrsconn23 said:

There is a nasty respiratory thing going around. I've been told the cough takes weeks to go away! I hope he feels better sooner rather than later!

Poor Defconn!  I hope he feels better soon. :cry:

@ILoveBeachMusic , DS and I had that, and it sucked.  It had been only gone for a week or two when croupy cough arrived.  Yay winter!
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I'll feel it happening or not. I don't know which little appendages are poking me at any one time. Some of the things I can do to flip her are to invert myself, lay an ice pack on my belly where her head is and a heating pad on my belly where her bottom is, play music at her bottom, and swim. If these things fail, the doctor can try an external cephalic version where they grab her by the head from outside and flip her. This can be so painful that they offer an epidural for it. 
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I'll feel it happening or not. I don't know which little appendages are poking me at any one time. Some of the things I can do to flip her are to invert myself, lay an ice pack on my belly where her head is and a heating pad on my belly where her bottom is, play music at her bottom, and swim. If these things fail, the doctor can try an external cephalic version where they grab her by the head from outside and flip her. This can be so painful that they offer an epidural for it. 
    You should see the look of horror on my face.  I've heard of this, but I didn't realize that they grab their damn head from the outside.  That just sounds bad for you AND her, even with an epidural.  :: shudder ::
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    You should see the look of horror on my face.  I've heard of this, but I didn't realize that they grab their damn head from the outside.  That just sounds bad for you AND her, even with an epidural.  :: shudder ::
    There's really no other way to do it before labor begins. After labor begins, if the water hasn't broken and the cervix is fully dilated they can reach in and flip her, but typically it's too late by then. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Oh my god!  Nope.  Nope.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Oh my god!  Nope.  Nope.
    I found this video where it doesn't look too bad. He did give her something first and unfortunately it only has a 40-50% success rate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AM6wDwTjmc
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Oh my god!  Nope.  Nope.
    I found this video where it doesn't look too bad. He did give her something first and unfortunately it only has a 40-50% success rate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AM6wDwTjmc
    My neighbor had that done years ago. She flipped back within 24 hours.I have a friend whose daughter laid on a slanted board head down. That worked! Good luck!
  • Options

I'm picturing a fetus thinking, "What is this cold s**t?  I need to move my little face over here where its warmer."

Hopefully the home remedies work for you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm picturing a fetus thinking, "What is this cold s**t?  I need to move my little face over here where its warmer."

Hopefully the home remedies work for you!

That's exactly what it's supposed to do. Haha! 

The weird thing is, she's moved. I don't know if she's flipped, but her head isn't poking out of my side like it was yesterday.
  • Options
    Having the doctor flip the baby is so not worth the pain and effort.  We flipped my now 2 yr old TWICE between 38 and 40 weeks, and he still flipped back to breech AT my 40wk appt.  Little turd.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    Having the doctor flip the baby is so not worth the pain and effort.  We flipped my now 2 yr old TWICE between 38 and 40 weeks, and he still flipped back to breech AT my 40wk appt.  Little turd.
    That's what I'm afraid of. It doesn't have a very good success rate.