Chit Chat

Today I learned...

So, today I saw an article about wildebeests. And that's when I learned that wildebeests are real. I blame Lion King and its talking animals, but I could have sworn that wildebeests fell into the same category of heffalumps and woozles.

Apparently I'm a little slow.

Anybody else want to admit something they learned they've always been wrong about?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Today I learned...

• I learned that one of my colleagues drinks directly from the milk jug at work. I walked in to get something from the breakroom and watched her take a big swig. I stammered that I thought that was gross and she shrugged her shoulders and left. I threw out the remaining milk. I hope everyone can do without milk in their coffee/tea.
  • I learned how bitchy internet people can be.  I can't believe I've made it through several elections on social media, 4.5 years on TK, etc. without ever having my feelers hurt.  Last night I commented on a post of fb about some restaurant in NYC that features Nutella in every dish on the menu- it was a light-hearted comment that my toddler loves Nutella and would get a kick out of it.  There were a few sanctimonious "what about her health??" to which I replied that she might have about a teaspoon of Nutella a week (in drops here and there), which is the truth, then I get this from Seraphim at the bottom

Jeez Louise! My profile is completely private except for my profile pic, which features curvy-but-healthy me, my beefy/stocky/athletic H, and our adorable, 25% percentile weight kids. Who trolls a stranger's profile to make a rude comment? Apparently she does  >:)   Super sorry if anyone here is on that thread, I don't know how to black out names. 
  • edited December 2016
    Blasphemy! We have a @Heffalump on here and she has a woozle. They are real too! ;)

@eileenrob I am so sorry. People are jerks. That lady had no business making that comment :( 

I learned that it isn't always unsafe to eat raw pork. Apparently there are two types of prosciutto - raw and cooked. I was raised to think that it was always unsafe to eat raw or undercooked pork, but as it turns out it is totally fine if it's prepared in a certain way. 

Edited because TK deleted half my post 

• My mouth actually dropped open at that @eileenrob. Who the hell does that?!
  • Mine too Charlotte...I thought maybe I was just being butthurt but my sisters also said it was unnecessary. 
    Lol @SP29 I like that word  :D
  • drglitterdrglitter member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2016
    @eileenrob that's terrible! Did you reply?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have a huge jar of Nutella and I really enjoy it 1-2xweek. Good grief. People can be so judgemental. I'm sorry @eileenrob!
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2016
    Thanks everyone. Glad to know I'm not nuts/overly sensitive. (Well, I can be both but I thought the feelings were justified in this case.) I did reply, but it wasn't cutting: "Seraphim O'Brien  yeesh I hadn't realized when I shared a cute anecdote about Nutella there'd be such vitriolic responses.  Never thought my account would be trolled by a stranger but I guess that's part of life ✌
    I wanted to add something like "get a hobby" but I was trying to channel Michelle Obama "when they go low we go high"...and I did click on her profile she's a gorgeous thin blond with Lady Gaga-esque makeup and piercings...her hobbies probably are a lot cooler than mine (aside from being mean).  :D
  • @eileenrob  what an unnecessary comment to your post. Clearly that person creeped your profile before commenting. Let us know if she responds to your comment!
    PS - isn't nutella suppose to be somewhat healthy? Hazelnuts!
  • @eileenrob  what an unnecessary comment to your post. Clearly that person creeped your profile before commenting. Let us know if she responds to your comment!
    They actually were sued a while back for claiming to be more healthy than they are. It's still absolutely effing delicious, though! 
    They actually were sued a while back for claiming to be more healthy than they are. It's still absolutely effing delicious, though! 
    Really!? I didn't know that. I figured that it was somewhat healthy because of the hazelnuts but it's also chocolate. Damn ...
  • City gal that I am, I learned over the weekend that there are small mobile cranes that lift livestock.  We potentially saw one in the back of a pick-up truck during our Sam's Club run.  My H and I were talking about what it could be.  I thought it might lift engines.  He guessed livestock.  I was like, "Huh?  What?  Livestock?"  So he explained, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Really!? I didn't know that. I figured that it was somewhat healthy because of the hazelnuts but it's also chocolate. Damn ...
    It has 21 grams of sugar, 200 calories, and 11 grams of fat per serving and a serving is only like 2 tablespoons. The calories and fat content are on par with peanut butter but the sugar and carbs are 3 times higher and has less than half the protein. 
  • Really!? I didn't know that. I figured that it was somewhat healthy because of the hazelnuts but it's also chocolate. Damn ...
    It has 21 grams of sugar, 200 calories, and 11 grams of fat per serving and a serving is only like 2 tablespoons. The calories and fat content are on par with peanut butter but the sugar and carbs are 3 times higher and has less than half the protein. 
    Dammit ...
    Dammit ...
    Today you learned...Nutella isn't all that healthy for you. Sorry. 
  • ernursej said:
    I learned that one of my colleagues drinks directly from the milk jug at work. I walked in to get something from the breakroom and watched her take a big swig. I stammered that I thought that was gross and she shrugged her shoulders and left. I threw out the remaining milk. I hope everyone can do without milk in their coffee/tea.
    Oh HELLLLLL NO! 
  • That was unnecessary @DrillSergeantCat. I wanted to go on ignoring that information. 
    Keep on ignoring it! I know the facts and still have a big jar in the cabinet. I spread that deliciousness on graham crackers or use it as filling in crescent rolls. No shame!
  • Wait a minute. Doesn't chocolate cause your brain to release serotonin? Which makes you happy? 

Which therefore through the power of transitivity means it's good for you?????
    Great point! Now I don't have to feel guilty for eating it!
  • SP29 said:
    Does anyone know what a wenis is?

It's the excess skin on the point of your elbow. That's what I learned from a colleague ;).
    I learne dthis from an Olsen twins movie!
    Dammit ...
    Today you learned...Nutella isn't all that healthy for you. Sorry. 
    Wait a minute. Doesn't chocolate cause your brain to release serotonin? Which makes you happy? 

Which therefore through the power of transitivity means it's good for you?????
    I love that you scienced Nutella into being good for us ;)
    I'm famous for that among my friends. I'm a Comfort Food Enabler. 

-Cheese, lots of cheese.  Because women especially need their calcium.

-Avocadoes are chockfull of nutrients.  High in fat?  Oh sure.  But those are the good fats.  So they're okay.  Tortilla chips are just the necessary evil needed to get that healthy guacamole into your mouth.  A vehicle really.  Like a drink of water with vitamins.  So they don't even count.

-Red meats=no/low carbs.  A slow burning protein for sustained energy.  Steakhouse here I come.

-While enjoying your steak, don't forget red wine=lower heart disease.

-And then we have already talked about chocolate releases serotonins.  Which lowers stress.  Which can cause weight loss and a longer life.  I'm sure that's true :).