Wedding Woes

Wednesday!

Nugget Day is finally here - I'm so excited to get some in person time with her!

I'm going to start a crock pot soup, do some quotes since I'm technically working today, and then go to the airport!

FI and I got into a huge fight last night.  While he was at trivia with a buddy, I texted him because I'm pretty sure he accidentally threw out my wedding necklace.  He came home all mad at me for being mad at him and it went down from there.  It was short and furious, and ended with us exchanging wedding gifts early.

I also woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't see out of my right eye and freaked out.  I went to bed without taking my makeup off (see fight above) and my eyelashes stuck together.  Gross and funny, at the same time.

Re: Wednesday!

• I got my ticket! I leave on the 21st!! 
    Are you excited?  Nervous?
  • There's a dirty nasty rumor we're going to have a cold delay tomorrow.  I hate delays anyway, but I'm supposed to host a breakfast for my small group tomorrow at 9.  That won't work if kids don't get on the bus until 10:30 and I don't know what time preschool hours change to.  Plus its Max's bday at preschool AND his Christmas party.  I HATE DELAYS!!!
  • We're putting up our tree tonight.  Hopefully I put in a normal length workday today instead of 12+ hours so I can wrap some gifts when I get home.  I still need to sign and mail our Christmas cards.  

DH is obsessively reorganizing my craft boxes in a way that "makes sense" and I'm about to flip my shit.  My system was awesome.  Now I can't find anything.  He doesn't even use any of it! 

I finished hanging the outdoor lights last week, and everything had been cool.  I plugged them in last night and thought they all came on, but when I left for work half of them were dark.  So now it's all I can think about today, whether they were all actually on last night or if something got overloaded and fried.  It's going to be that kind of day, I guess.  Trivial nothingness being the straw that breaks the camel's back.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• If anyone has a Garth Brooks fan on their list his Ultimate CD is on sale on Amazon for $3.99.
  • I woke up to a very chilly house.  Something is up with our heat, but I'm not sure if it's as simple as changing the filter or if we need to call someone out here.  Of course, DH is not home from work yet.  :(  I tried to change the filter myself, but I'm too short to get leverage and yank it out.  

I knew something was up because I was freezing in my bed.  I had a quilt and blanket.  I grabbed one of our faux down comforters and could have still had more layers.  DefConn was pissed this morning because he was tired and freezing.  

My coffeemaker malfunctioned this morning and fucked up my first pot.  I cleaned up the mess it made and the second pot came out all right.  Now I'm burrowed on the couch with a blanket, fuzzy boots, and a jacket on.  I need to get more coffee, but I'm soo cold.  :(  Fucking winter. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten is the fight resolved now? Did he actually throw out your necklace?

Why is it only Wednesday???

I spent 10 minutes dry heaving/throwing up this morning. It's left me feeling like shit. I don't want to be at work. I should have just stayed home. 

Mom's H gave me a list of things for H to pick up for her (shower chair etc) because he works in medical supplies. Then, apparently yesterday her H decided that she doesn't actually need some of those things. He's such an ass sometimes. When I asked her about it, she got mad. H talked to her and they agreed that he'll call her H and clear everything through him even though we're buying all the stuff. 

• @kimmiinthemitten  yay Nugget day! Did you and FI get things settled yet?

@missJeanLouise  whooo! Excited!?

Last night I uploaded a video to my youtube channel {which I can link if people are curious, but I don't want to shameless plug myself yes I do }
    Also M and I went to the store. Since there's an ugly xmas party on Saturday, we had to figure out what we're getting for food. I didn't want to do meatballs again, but we compromised and we're doing that PLUS either a veggie or fruit tray.
    I had to get baking stuff, and I think I'm set for starting baking on Saturday.

I'm also attempting to do another video - makeup - on Saturday, if I can get the set up to work. I'm recording on my phone instead of a camera since my camera is completely fucked.

Tonight we're going to ikea to get M's desk and we have gift cards so we're likely getting a chair, cushion covers, latte press and the Audrey picture I've been wanting for awhile {but couldn't justify paying $60 for it :(!}

Thursday I'm in the office alone, so I'm picking up Starbucks before work. After work M and I are going to dinner with my friend. Her bf was suppose to go but apparently has a test coming up? Idk. 
  • Every gift in this house is wrapped.  This has never happened this early.  Aside from picking up one gift card, we are done shopping.

Son stepped on a pencil this morning and the lead broke off in the bottom of his foot.  How?  He came to me to ask me to pull it out with tweezers.  The tweezers were just shredding the lead so I had to use my fingernails.  I really had to tug to get it out and the damn thing was long.  He said he couldn't really feel it.  Lucky.

• @DrillSergeantCat  urg, your mum's H sounds like he just makes things confusing when they should be simple.

@kimmiinthemitten  That's a lovely necklace. Hopefully it's found soon!

@tawillers  talented son ;) I had a stone in my elbow once and my dad got it out - had to freeze it a bit, but wasn't bad. Glad he didn't feel it!

I'm eating a cinnamon brownie for breakfast because my throat hurts from phlegm. Time to start gargling :(
  • @DrillSergeantCat  urg, your mum's H sounds like he just makes things confusing when they should be simple.

@kimmiinthemitten  That's a lovely necklace. Hopefully it's found soon!

@tawillers  talented son ;) I had a stone in my elbow once and my dad got it out - had to freeze it a bit, but wasn't bad. Glad he didn't feel it!

I'm eating a cinnamon brownie for breakfast because my throat hurts from phlegm. Time to start gargling :(
    @MissKittyDanger
    He's so tight he could squeeze poop from a buffalo nickel. That is...when it comes to something not for him. If he wanted a new TV, money is no issue. He's also a huge control freak. The phlegm is why I spent my morning throwing up. It 

@tawillers I had a very sharp pencil in my purse in 5th grade (almost 30 years ago) and was running to lunch. The pencil stabbed me in my knee, no one would help me, so nearly 30 years later I still have pencil lead in my knee.

@kimmiinthemitten that's very sweet. Will it not go with your dress at all?
  • Today is basically my Friday.  We have a mandatory class tomorrow morning on cybersecurity.  It comes with free breakfast, so I am there!  Its supposed to end around 11, so I hope there is an extended Q&A session at the end!  I took a half vacation day, so I get to leave at noon.  So I should have minimal time in the office.  I also took off on Friday.

Tonight H is meeting friends for dinner, which means I get to eat a full box of mac n cheese goodness for me and Baby!  And I won't have to listen to any shaming from H about "what kinda crap am I feeding his baby!"  LOL!

I would like to try and finish up gift wrapping tonight and do some more cleaning around the house for Saturday.  We should also have Betsey's blood results from the vet today. 

Last night was another productive night.  We finished decorating the house for Christmas and got those bins back in the basement.  H also started working to clear the kitchen table.  H also put together the changing table and got it upstairs.  And it is recycling day today, so the giant box from the changing table and the travel system we had are at the curb and out of the house!  So the house is starting to come together nicely for Saturday.

Mrs Conn - I hope its just the filter for your heater and nothing more serious!

Tawillers - My oldest brother had someone stab him in the wrist with a pencil and the tip broke off in there.  It is still in there 20+ years later and you can see it through his skin!  Glad you were able to get it taken care of with little to no pain to S.

Kimmi - Sorry for the fight (its probably was compounded by the wedding being so close), but glad its resolved and you have a beautiful new necklace!

@GBCK - I saw your post from the Tuesday thread and I just want to send hugs. 

• tawillers said:

Every gift in this house is wrapped.  This has never happened this early.  Aside from picking up one gift card, we are done shopping.

Same.  But we're not done shopping.  I have 3 gift exchange presents to buy.  I have no idea what I'm going to do.  
  • @DrillSergeantCat my dress is heavily beaded so I'm not sure.  I packed it to bring with and I'll try it on and if it works, I'll wear it.  If not, I'll go necklace-free.
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2016

@tawillers I had a very sharp pencil in my purse in 5th grade (almost 30 years ago) and was running to lunch. The pencil stabbed me in my knee, no one would help me, so nearly 30 years later I still have pencil lead in my knee.

I was six. My brother stabbed me through the shower curtain. The lead is still in the fatty thumb tissue of my hand.  Every once in a while I'll look at it and wonder if it could ever become an issue.  But it's been 24 years, so I promptly do nothing about it.

Graphite battle scars... Those were the days.

ETA at least it's not ACTUAL lead...

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @AtomicBlonde @kimmiinthemitten your Hs (well, soon to be H for Kimmi :)) sound like mine. He cleans up by putting things where they fit rather than where they actually go and throws things away if they don't "look" important- typically without even opening the box/bag to see what's in it. It is so. frustrating.

Woke up thinking it was Thursday, so not the best start to the day. But I'm here. Work today and church stuff later tonight. Tomorrow is my birthday and my mom is taking me out for a date since DH isn't here to celebrate with me :) She's the best. Other than that, SSDD here.

• @DrillSergeantCat  can you take anything for the phlehm? I've been taking benelyn but it only seems to do so much ...
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2016
    So DH got home super late and in a terrible mood.  I said something about the heat and the filter.  He just changed the filter two weeks ago.  And the heat is still jacked, so I had to call someone.  They said between 12 and 6.  I said ASAP is the best since I have shit to do today, they said they'd try to get out here before 1.   Fingers crossed.  

DH slammed out the house to get a haircut for tomorrow's interview.  So blah.  

Also, hoping that it's not like $1k to fix the heat.   $200 or less would be awesome. 
  • @DrillSergeantCat  can you take anything for the phlehm? I've been taking benelyn but it only seems to do so much ...
    My PCP put me on antibiotics last week because the phlegm was so thick, but my OB won't allow me to take anything else. I would kill for some Sudafed right now, but it has the possibility of lowering amniotic fluid and since baby girl is breech I need as much fluid as I can get. 
    My PCP put me on antibiotics last week because the phlegm was so thick, but my OB won't allow me to take anything else. I would kill for some Sudafed right now, but it has the possibility of lowering amniotic fluid and since baby girl is breech I need as much fluid as I can get. 
    are you allowed salt? because gargling with salt and warm water helps me for breaking up phlegm. Or mouthwash. Mine is alcohol free and still works, it's the menthol.

• Ladies, go rearrange your DH's workbench or home office or Man Cave. . . Karma's a real bitch!

My H plays bass and probably 8 years ago I spent all weekend organizing all his cords, pedals and music. He loved it and still talks about it.

My procrastination paid off - yesterday we got a coupon from Cabela's. We're going to save like $25 on the mittens I need.

I really need this music store H is into to accept gift cards in their repair shop. Then I can get him a gift card and he can either get a bass(es) fixed or buy a new one. He got me a tennis bracelet for Christmas so I gotta step my game up.

I love when that happens :-)

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• @SaintPaulGal  omg so cute!! Tortie breed? I'm dying over cuteness seriously :')
  • @Heffalump  vibes for winning at party! :) We got a keurig from M's holiday party couple years ago and it was magical ;)
  • @SaintPaulGal  omg so cute!! Tortie breed? I'm dying over cuteness seriously :')

My first thought was "OMG, @SaintPaulGal has a tortie!!!"  I had a tortie--she only loved me, and was insane to everyone else.  But when it was just us, she was an awesome cat.
  • Heffalump said:
    @SaintPaulGal  omg so cute!! Tortie breed? I'm dying over cuteness seriously :')

My first thought was "OMG, @SaintPaulGal has a tortie!!!"  I had a tortie--she only loved me, and was insane to everyone else.  But when it was just us, she was an awesome cat.
    my FIL and his spouse have torties. One of them loves me and would sit either on or beside me when we visit. Actually, Penny's sister looks very tortie with a bit of tabby at the tip of it's tail {Penny is orange tabby - aka ging}