Wedding Woes
Options

FRIDAY!

2»

Re: FRIDAY!

• Options
    Oh my god, DSC, I am so sorry. T&P for your friend and her family.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    So I just found out that the fatality accident that was by my house was our friend's 4-year old daughter. She was in the car with her mom heading to pick up her husband from work when mom was in a fender bender. As they were exchanging information, a truck came over the bridge, lost control, and slammed into their car. Mom is in critical condition in ICU and the little girl died on scene. Oklahoma drivers suck. 

I'm so sorry to hear that!  Just tragic.

I don't know what it is but, even in good weather, being on the side of the road is a very dangerous place to be.  Or near a crash that happens in the roadway.  You hear so many stories of people dying in those situations because of an out of control vehicle.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @thefanciestbeckler  run of the mill card? Damn I'd be pissed. At least if it was personalized it could be okay.

@DrillSergeantCat  oh that's awful :( Are the roads really bad in that area? :(
    No they're not, but literally the slightest hint of precipitation makes Oklahoma drivers go stupid. We have a lot of SUV and pickup drivers think that they're invincible because of the type vehicle they drive. It was a pickup that hit them. 
  • Options
    It's going to be freaking cold and freaking snowy this weekend.  The low tomorrow is -22.  And not only do I have to deal with the weather, I also have to deal with FI's hardcore whining about the weather, which is so much worse.

FI is coming home a day early from NYC so he doesn't get trapped out there. I'm glad he will be around to help clean and prepare, since our holiday party is tomorrow!  This will be our third year doing it, and it should be the biggest gathering yet.  We decided to go all in and invite my work people, his work people, and all our friends.  I'm pretty excited to see how the collision of circles turns out!  Now I just have to figure out what we will be serving for food and drink...

• Options
    @thefanciestbeckler  run of the mill card? Damn I'd be pissed. At least if it was personalized it could be okay.

No they're not, but literally the slightest hint of precipitation makes Oklahoma drivers go stupid. We have a lot of SUV and pickup drivers think that they're invincible because of the type vehicle they drive. It was a pickup that hit them. 

Oh my god, I'm so sorry.  How awful.
  • Options

They forget they may be "invincible" but doesn't mean others are. How heart breaking
  • Options
    Y'all know who didn't show up for the class party?

Yeah, of course you do.

Image result for lucille bluth eye roll
  • Options

I take it back--at least a Roomba is useful. ;)
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

Yeah, of course you do.

Image result for eyeroll gif
  • Options
    I started thinking "I should email him and see--" and then I stopped myself.  He'll figure it out.  Or not.  Either way, I'm minding my business.

In other news, my medical network just went to online records that patients can access.  I looked to see if they had anything from radiology about my mammogram, but not yet--it said 7 days.  However, I did find the notes from my recent "beautiful cervix" visit, and this amused me:

"Cooperative, Appropriate mood & affect."

That's better than I am most days. ;)
  • Options

They forget they may be "invincible" but doesn't mean others are. How heart breaking
    I keep thinking about the mom waking up in pain, body broken, just to find out her baby is gone. I don't know what I'd want in that situation - wake up or not. I also don't know what I would do if I were the other driver. I don't think I could live with myself even though it was an accident. The survivors guilt would be immense.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

Yeah, of course you do.

So now the teacher doesn't get her gift?
  • Options

I keep thinking about the mom waking up in pain, body broken, just to find out her baby is gone. I don't know what I'd want in that situation - wake up or not. I also don't know what I would do if I were the other driver. I don't think I could live with myself even though it was an accident. The survivors guilt would be immense.
    Urg I know :(
    Any word on how the mother is doing?
  • Options

Urg I know :(
    Any word on how the mother is doing?
    No, but H is going up to see them after work today.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

Yeah, of course you do.

I honestly don't know. I know that the parents who wanted to participate in the group gift sent gift cards to his attention. Whether he has them, when he'll deliver them, etc. is between him and the teacher at this point. She wasn't there today due to a funeral, so maybe he'll drop it off early next week before school is out.

I'm really sorry for your friend.

• Options
    Heffalump said:
    Heffalump said:

Yeah, of course you do.

I honestly don't know. I know that the parents who wanted to participate in the group gift sent gift cards to his attention. Whether he has them, when he'll deliver them, etc. is between him and the teacher at this point. She wasn't there today due to a funeral, so maybe he'll drop it off early next week before school is out.

I'm really sorry for your friend.

I hope she gets them before school break.

Thanks.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2016
    @Kimmiinthemitten, can't wait to hear and see pictures of the big day! wooohoo!
    @thefanciestbeckler, yeah if it was a personal card I could see her thinking "oh, this will be a fun way to tell her!" but a general everyone gets one card is impersonal.  I'd be irked too.
    @Heffalump, fx for the the diagnostic mammogram.  Sounds just precautionary though!
    @drillsergeantcat, what awful horrible news :( I can't even imagine.  My thoughts are with that family. 

Nothing new to add here.  Just doing a countdown so when I can stop pretending to work and go home.   I'm heading home to make the saltine toffee bark for DH when he gets off work.  a super simple and tasty dessert. 

• Options
    Thanks @CharmedPam. I forgot to mention that she was in my wedding. So that adds a little extra sting to the impersonal card thing.

• Options
    @DrillSergeantCat, that is so sad. I'm sorry.
  • Options

Thanks @CharmedPam. I forgot to mention that she was in my wedding. So that adds a little extra sting to the impersonal card thing.
    Ouch! That's just awful. 
  • Options
    My shopping is officially done! Just need to get cookie ingredients.

Tomorrow, I'm taking the car in for an oil change and sorting Toys for Tots donations. Tomorrow night we're going to see "Star Wars: Rogue One." 

Sunday, we're going to brunch for my Mom's 70th birthday. She thinks just she and my Dad are going, but my brother, SIL, the niblings, FW, and I are also joining them.
  • Options
    Yay @kimmiinthemitten, happy wedding day!! Hope you have an amazing day. 

Also totally reasonable to have a plan B, ours was sit with Grandma and Grandpa if they didn't want to go down the aisle. 

Have fun, can't wait to hear about it!
  • Options
    Happy Wedding Day @kimmiinthemitten!
  • Options
    Happy wedding day @kimmiinthemitten!
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2016
    Congratulations, @kimmiinthemitten!

ETA my niece, who I adore, screamed "mama mama mama" for half the rehearsal and my sister is mad because I asked what her plan B is for the actual ceremony. I'm not mad she talked, she's a baby. But I dont think its unreasonable for parents to remove a child from a ceremony either. We've all been to churches, weddings, funerals etc where it's happened.
    ETA:  completely reasonable.  I walked Wooz out of MIL's memorial service because it was during her naptime, and instead of dozing off, she decided to pitch a fit about her shoe.  Took her out and sat with her in this little room they had set aside for the family, until she fell asleep. 

I don't think anyone blamed her for crying, but they sure as hell should have blamed me if I sat there with her raising a ruckus.

• Options
    CONGRATULATIONS @kimmiinthemitten!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking about you Saturday and hoping everything went well!!! I also think it is completely reasonable for parents to take their child out if they're being disruptive. One of my friends had a screaming baby at her wedding and the parents just sat there. It was totally distracting and honestly rude IMO.  Hoping DH will be coming home this coming weekend for Christmas! I'll elaborate more on the Monday post ;)