Wedding Woes
Options

Monday!

2»

Re: Monday!

• Options
    She's adorable @sparklepants41!! Also, she looks so much like my dog, Charlie. Is she a lab/border collie mix?
    She's definitely lab, but she has a naturally-docked partial tail (looks like a half a tail), so we think she might be part Jack Russell? We are going to get her DNA mapped so when we find out I will report back!!!
  • Options
    I love that pup Sparkle!  Do you have a name picked out yet?
  • Options
    @VarunaTT - seriously? I had no idea about the other sparklepants. My name is a combo of one of the myriad nicknames I had for our previous pup and my favorite song (#41).

@charlotte989875 & @OliveOilsMom we are going to name her Piper! Not sure of a middle name yet, but I'm sure that will come soon once we spend time with her and see her personality bloom. 

• Options
    @VarunaTT - seriously? I had no idea about the other sparklepants. My name is a combo of one of the myriad nicknames I had for our previous pup and my favorite song (#41).

@charlotte989875 & @OliveOilsMom we are going to name her Piper! Not sure of a middle name yet, but I'm sure that will come soon once we spend time with her and see her personality bloom. 

That's a great name! 
  • Options

mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

Having someone stay at my house, without my knowledge let alone say in the matter would also produce a pretty a big argument in my house as well @mrsconn23. Does he usually stay without much notice?
    This seriously never happens.  I am 9/10 fine with house guests, even last minute.  

As I mentioned above, I knew his friend was coming to town and staying with us, but not for 4-5 nights.  DH never really gave me firm details because he never got them from his friend.   Also, DH knew that I would not be happy with this guy staying longer than a couple nights and he waited until the last second to rip the band-aid off.   It's all 'moo' now since his friend isn't coming. 

I will fucking * buy* DH a plane ticket to go visit this guy in CA (for clarification, this NOT our friend that we went to HI with...it's another guy. Our other friends can move in with us if they want to. ;) ). 

One of the best Friends episodes. 
    I posted a similar run down of my weekend on my local/'mom' board and someone corrected me about 'moo' vs. 'moot'.   *smh*  

I just said it was a Friends reference and posted this gif.  

But if you know someone is well-spoken (typed?), why do that?  Why? 
    Right? I also slightly judge people that don't get that reference if they're of a certain age. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

Having someone stay at my house, without my knowledge let alone say in the matter would also produce a pretty a big argument in my house as well @mrsconn23. Does he usually stay without much notice?
    This seriously never happens.  I am 9/10 fine with house guests, even last minute.  

As I mentioned above, I knew his friend was coming to town and staying with us, but not for 4-5 nights.  DH never really gave me firm details because he never got them from his friend.   Also, DH knew that I would not be happy with this guy staying longer than a couple nights and he waited until the last second to rip the band-aid off.   It's all 'moo' now since his friend isn't coming. 

I will fucking * buy* DH a plane ticket to go visit this guy in CA (for clarification, this NOT our friend that we went to HI with...it's another guy. Our other friends can move in with us if they want to. ;) ). 

One of the best Friends episodes. 
    I posted a similar run down of my weekend on my local/'mom' board and someone corrected me about 'moo' vs. 'moot'.   *smh*  

I just said it was a Friends reference and posted this gif.  

But if you know someone is well-spoken (typed?), why do that?  Why? 
    Because it's a feather in their cap that they are able to correct the smartypants. Autocorrect once changed a very correct "you're" to a grossly incorrect "your" and I didn't catch it (because it was right when I typed it!), and numerous people called me out on it.  It was their gotcha moment, I guess, since I'm normally the one fixing grammar.  Annoying AF, that's for sure.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Congratulations @kimmiinthemitten!

@sparklepants41 your new puppy is adorable!

I feel like I'm in holiday limbo. Presents are all wrapped and under the tree. Ready for all 3 of our Christmas parties (work, my family, his family). Now just waiting and it's dragging on.

My dog turned 5 today. At 5 you'd think she'd be pretty well behaved and over being a puppy. Nope.

This used to be my favorite pair of shoes. She's lucky she's cute.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @drglitter  oh jeez!! Bad puppers :(

I'm sitting here huffing tiger balm to try and clear one side of my nose. I think over the holidays I'm gonna see clinic about what's happening. I'm wondering if there is a sinus infection happening and that's why it's not going away?

We're getting a filter for our furnace this week. Probably not helping anything.
  • Options
    @VarunaTT 4 HOURS LATE??????  What could have possibly made the bride 4 hours late?  (Saying this as a bride who was waiting in the limo because we got to the Church 10 minutes early!)
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2016
    OMG y'all, I totally forgot to mention this about the weekend, because I was blissfully asleep in my house and didn't leave a 5 mile vicinity all weekend...but it iced over really fast on Friday night (within an hour or two) and there were accidents and slide-offs all over town.  DH and I each had a FB friend or two who spent the night on the highway, in their cars, because the interstate was shut down due to a major fatal crash and the fact that they couldn't get people OFF the interstate due to ice.  And there were injured people in accidents in the backed-up traffic where first responders had to walk to them, as it was too dangerous to get emergency equipment to them.  Just absolutely terrible all the way around.  My one friend was posting all sorts of updates.  People's cars were stalling because of the weather or running out of gas from trying to keep warm.  People were getting in and out of strangers cars to stay warm.  

The kiddo was out with friends and it took him and his friend a half hour to go 5-ish miles because it was a skating rink.  And we ran into the kiddo's friend and her boyfriend at the store (OMG, it was so dorky cute because I spotted her being embarrassed about coming up to the kiddo with all of us there.  Her BF was all, "Dude, go say hi!" I totally walked up and introduced myself and stuck my hand out for a handshake. :) #imthatmom) and her boyfriend said he slid into someone Friday night.  

• Options
    So DH didn't know that getting a crown involves filing down your existing tooth.  He is taking this really hard.  I told him to think of his tooth as a bionic tooth, better than the original, but it didn't help.  Also, his dentist told him not to chew ice anymore, and it took everything I had not to say "I told you so!"  It drives me nuts.

I texted him just now to see how his day off is going, and he texted back "I miss my real fucking tooth."
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    So DH didn't know that getting a crown involves filing down your existing tooth.  He is taking this really hard.  I told him to think of his tooth as a bionic tooth, better than the original, but it didn't help.  Also, his dentist told him not to chew ice anymore, and it took everything I had not to say "I told you so!"  It drives me nuts.

I texted him just now to see how his day off is going, and he texted back "I miss my real fucking tooth."
    Ice is one of my few pregnancy cravings. Chick-fil-a has the best ice for crunching because it's small pieces and is soft but not as soft as Sonic's ice. My last pregnancy I became a bit of an ice aficionado. 
  • Options
    Heffa - That's funny.  I hope your H adjusts to his bionic tooth soon! 
  • Options
    @lindausvi Oh how I remember those days well - when Mgt refused to hire more people when they were available in the earlier part of the season and those who haven't a clue that these two weeks are "you want off - Pffft on that!"  When it's a "Warm bodies - we'll teach you!" need for help - LOL - recheck the culinary schools in the area...  As much as you want the guy to have off to attend to the Sister, she's going to need more support in about a month when the adrenaline wears off and grief really sets in (when people stop calling to check in on her - that's when he needs to take the time)...  We were in a closely related industry shall I say - my FIL (owner) passed away on New Years Day, the family were all still working through the time of his passing then planning and attending the funeral...  I'm sure they'll do what they can, but at the end of the day, the nature of the beast that the industry is.  

Per tradition here - the Christmas tree still isn't up, gifts aren't wrapped, it's a week before Christmas and I realized I haven't yet shopped for a couple of my nieces yet.  I put my foot down to say we're staying home for Christmas Eve/Morning this year instead of loading up everything and hauling it down to my parent's place.  Not that it'd be a big deal, I'm just wiped out and want to stay home.  We'll go down to my parents for Christmas with the siblings, just not sure when..

• Options
    Heffalump said:

Ice is one of my few pregnancy cravings. Chick-fil-a has the best ice for crunching because it's small pieces and is soft but not as soft as Sonic's ice. My last pregnancy I became a bit of an ice aficionado. 
    Both bolded are my new favourite things today :)