Wedding Woes

Tuesday

I've been trying to deny it, but I think I have a sinus infection.  I just made an appointment for Thursday a.m.  I was hoping they could fit me in sooner, but no luck.  I considered one of those doc in the box places, but TBH, I have a weird hangup about that.  I want to be in an actual doctor's office, with fish in the waiting area and magazines on the tables.  I know it's not rational, but there it is.  I want my doctor, with all the accoutrements. 

DH is recovering from the loss of (most of) his tooth. 

Wooz was cranky and fell asleep early again yesterday, and I was starting to worry that she was coming down with something.  But she woke up chipper as anything this morning, and I could see ankle between her jeans and her shoes, so I think it's a growth spurt.  She's grown a full inch since her checkup in August.  I'd be exhausted, too.

Last art class of 2016 tonight, and while she's there, DS and I are going to hit Penzey's and Trader Joe's.  I have a chicken in the crockpot nestled among potatoes and baby carrots, so dinner will be ready when we get home.  S/O dinner, Mr. Heff said he's going to try making pad thai sometime this week. :)

I have two awful meetings today, one at 11:00 and one at 2:00.

Re: Tuesday

• I have absolutely no motivation today! It is too cold to do anything other than snuggle with the puppies under a blanket. I really need to put bows and ribbons on packages and put them under the tree. They've been wrapped for a week but didn't want to put them under the tree since we were out of town over the weekend. DS1 and FDIL arrive home tonight so dinner needs to be cooked too.
  • My office Xmas party is today.  I always plan it, but this year I haven't done much of anything except book the venue and order the food.  I should probably figure it out before the party starts at 1:30...

FI just left to visit his family.  The airport was insane and I got called a "b" by a woman in another car who was blocking traffic (I honked and that was her response).  Not really the way I wanted to start the day, but whatever.

• @mrsconn23 nobody can decide what our Christmas is going to be. I've seen 68 and sunny and blizzard (actual blizzard not Oklahoma blizzard). It'll be interesting to see as the day gets closer.

I still haven't wrapped any presents. I still need to buy some presents. I still need to finish crocheting presents. What am I doing instead? I'm on TK. I still need to get my grocery list together and go grocery shopping, too. 
  • @Heffalump  welcome to the land of denial ;) I think I'm in same boat
    Hopefully your H can find a way to cope with his loss, it's hard during the holidays lol

@mrsconn23  that quote has been going 'viral' on my fb feed lmao I laugh way too much at it every time :P 

Did bare minimum last night. As in we went to the grocery store so I could pick up baking stuff, Bath and Body Works to get some extras for my mum - and a couple things for me - then came home. I had M put stuff away and feed the cats while I basically threw myself into the shower. I feel awful. I'm sure it's just a sinus infection {which I'm going to the walk-in clinic over the holidays about - I've been off and on sick since mid October, this is b.s!} but it's killing all of my energy.

Shower, eat food, take meds, and I was in bed at 8:30pm since I already fell asleep on the couch for a solid 15mins.

Woke up briefly to clean litter box - you could smell it down the hall, ew - and back to sleep.

Tonight we're wrapping stuff, and moving stuff in spare room to set up desk soon. M doesn't know that while he's at hockey game with his brother and stepdad, I'm gonna attempt to put it together. I'm going to put ribbons on the desk to be funny ;) I also got M a mug, but he doesn't know I got him anything else. I may wrap it and put it on the desk lol

This week is basically a write off. Tomorrow M is going to a hockey game, Thursday he's off and going to range, Friday he's going to his dad's place and I'm off at noon. So I'm planning on taking a nap then baking like mad.

December is rough, but I'm trying. On the 6th, my friend who passed away 6yrs ago would have been 32 {thanks fb ..}, Saturday my poppa {dad's side} has been gone 16yrs and today my grampa {mum's side} has been gone 12yrs.

Crazy how time goes ...
  • edited December 2016
    Trying to post finals grades, but my computer freezes after 20 minutes. It's a 7 year old MacBook Pro and I have no desire to brave the Apple Store 5 days before Christmas (or go in to my office where there is a brand new iMac), so I'm restarting it every half hour. I'm never getting these posted. 

Getting my hair colored this afternoon then last minute gifts for SIL and wrapping presents!
  • @DrillSergeantCat  priorities ;)
    I'm trying to decide right now, do I want to crochet or work? I can get all my work done by 11 if I'd just do it. 
  • @DrillSergeantCat  priorities ;)
    I'm trying to decide right now, do I want to crochet or work? I can get all my work done by 11 if I'd just do it. 
    Hmm ... well if you do work you can relax and crochet rest of day :) But if you crochet now, you can procrastinate work longer!
  • @AtomicBlonde  poor pups :( hahaha love the mug ;) My fave thing is when people get sassy about winning something, then they lose :D!
  • Last night I relaxed a bit, make some leftovers for dinner and went to a yoga class at 7.  The class wasn't too difficult for me, but I was SO tired afterwards!  I planned on getting the last load of dishes started from our party Saturday and that just wasn't gonna happen!  Hopefully I can get it done today.

At lunch I'm heading out for my TDaP shot.  I was able to get a prescription for it from my doctor, so I can go to a CVS minute clinic and just pay my co-pay for it.  Still need to figure out how H will get his shot.  I might tell him to make an appointment at the doctor for a physical next week since he is off all week.  He should be able to claim that with all his cuts and scrapes from doing the bathroom, he needs an updated tetanus, which will take care of the whooping cough portion for the baby too.  Thank goodness they combined those vaccines!

Someone brought in a tub of cookies and I haven't even been at the office for an hour and already ate 2.  More will be heading to my belly today, that's for sure!  I love me some cookies!

We got invited to his friend's Christmas party on Friday night and this is the first time we can go!  The friend is an awesome cook, so I'm looking forward to eating all the food!

This week H & I will put the final coat of paint in the bathroom, make a batch of Christmas cookies and there was one other project H wanted to do but its escaping me now.  No idea when any of that will get done though.

• @thefanciestbeckler  yay for rain! ;)

@lyndausvi  congrats on the weight loss! :)
  • For you makeup fans .... the Kat Von D and Too Faced palette comes out Dec 26th ;)

Too Faced x Kat Von D Better Together Collection
  • Yesterday I made a ton of progress on my client gift baskets!  But dear lord is this an interminable project.  It's fun to see clients I almost exclusively work with over the phone, but it's surprisingly training traipsing all over the snowy cold wasteland carrying giant baskets.  

Today is the final round of Secret Santa where we give the "big" gifts in person. I'm thrilled to have drawn the name of a good friend, and I'm very happy with the gifts I found for her.  It's also our annual cookie exchange, which is a blast. But the mood is weird because the new company that is buying us assumes ownership on Thursday and no one is pleased about that.  Here's hoping we can put it our of our minds for a bit and just have fun.
  • @thefanciestbeckler  yay for rain! ;)

@lyndausvi  congrats on the weight loss! :)
    Thanks.    I would like to say I did something amazing like tracking my calories and going to the gym, etc., but nope.  That wasn't really the case.  

It was mostly just walking or hiking. Ever day I would make myself walk at least 30 minutes. Some days closer to an hour.  

Now as the weight started to melt away I did find myself eating a little differently. I found I was craving some healthier options, but for the most part I ate smaller portions of the same stuff.    I'm still a chicken tender addict, just only eat 4 instead of 5.    I do not feel the need to finish my plate.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Hi all, I dropped sis, BIL and nugget off at the airport which is bittersweet. I hate saying goodbye but they're hurricane houseguests and I'm so happy to have a clean house again. I was bleaching the bathroom sink while they were packing!  I also swung by the county clerks office to certify our marriage licenses so it's official. 

Next on the agenda, pick up our stuff (including extra beer) from the venue, and pack!  Our flight to Cancun leaves at 7am!!!  I'm so excited to spend a week with just the hubs relaxing. 

Charlotte, congrats on the grades.

Aromic Blonde, hope the pups are okay. Poor guys. 

Misskittydanger-I want!!

Lynda- sorry about your friends niece (from yesterday's post) that's awful. However your work is gorgeous!  Sounds like you are going to improve your ski skills there!

MrsConn, the ice there kept one of our guests home over the weekend, and another missed his grandfathers funeral after it took 18 hours to get from Chicago to Indy. I'm glad it's clearing up for you guys! 
  • For all who wanted to know about the palette - $65 USD

@lyndausvi  hey weight loss, is weight loss ;) I love hearing weight loss stories, regardless if it's "oh it was a lot of work" or "I did it without thinking" {which a friend of mine did, also walking and her eating habits started to change}

@kimmiinthemitten  cutie!!
  • For all who wanted to know about the palette - $65 USD

Ugh.  Why can't high end make-up be like, $5?  :D 

I did get the UD Smoky Eye palette when it was on sale earlier this month for $27.   I have that and a clinique palette, and I work from home, so I'm good.  LMAO ;) 
  • Weird talking coworker guy just CCed me on an email to a client and said, "snip-it". SMH.

H and I are both stressed and already irritated about Christmas. Drama on both my side and his. 'Tis the season, I suppose.

My job still has done zero to replace me or even train anyone else in the office on anything. I gave my notice two weeks ago yesterday. I go back an forth between being worried and "welp, not my problem anymore".

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @MissKittyDanger I'm a bit of an eyeshadow palette hoarder (I probably have 10 or more), but $65 is a little on the high end even for me, lol. It's pretty though!

• mrsconn23 said:
    For all who wanted to know about the palette - $65 USD

Ugh.  Why can't high end make-up be like, $5?  :D 

I did get the UD Smoky Eye palette when it was on sale earlier this month for $27.   I have that and a clinique palette, and I work from home, so I'm good.  LMAO ;) 
    Because $5 would be too easy ;)
    I'm bad for spending a lot on makeup, but I justify it by the quality and knowing how much I'll wear it. Last October I got this huge tarte palette {it's magical and has sequins!} and I swear between that and Naked 3 palette, I wear them all the freakin time lol
  • @MissKittyDanger I'm a bit of an eyeshadow palette hoarder (I probably have 10 or more), but $65 is a little on the high end even for me, lol. It's pretty though!
    what brands do you normally get? I'm curious now ;)

• H and I are both stressed and already irritated about Christmas. Drama on both my side and his. 'Tis the season, I suppose.

Ugh, this is us too this year. Usually it's just my side but apparently this year his side wanted to get in on the fun. Thank the gods for wine and bourbon. 
  • Absolutely nothing exciting going on here today.

Taking my niece and nephew to see either Moana or Trolls later (they haven't decided yet). I'm so glad my sister had kids so that I can have an excuse to go see children's movies whenever I want.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers