Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited January 2017 in Wedding Woes
How's it going?

It's going to be rainy and shitty here today.   

I did a new upper body workout yesterday and have been really inconsistent about working out for the last month or two.  I'm feeling it today. 

The kiddo's taking speech this semester.  Oh to be a fly on the wall. 

My friend and I are working a personal project we've been noodling over for the last 8 months or so.  We've got a lot more to work out, but it looks like it may come to fruition.  I'm not ready to divulge details, but it's making me happy to be creative and have something to look forward to.  Also, DH is being so sweetly supportive and he's adorably excited about sharing his ideas and feedback when we talk about it. 

Re: Tuesday!

• I have wanted a middle grill so badly @short+sassy, but our house has a relatively new (but super basic) stove from when we bought the house so there was no need to a new one. And we really need a new fridge so it's going to have to wait. But I'm super envious. 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    I have wanted a middle grill so badly @short+sassy, but our house has a relatively new (but super basic) stove from when we bought the house so there was no need to a new one. And we really need a new fridge so it's going to have to wait. But I'm super envious. 

I usually put used appliances in my rentals, but there were just so many good deals going on during the holiday season, it made more sense to buy new and have warranties.

Our old stove was perfectly fine and we normally never would have replaced it.  But, since we needed two stoves for the duplex anyway...took advantage of the opportunity to upgrade ours.  I'm already seeing that one of the perks of being a landlady is I might have the opportunity to upgrade and have new appliances more often than I normally would, lol. 

On an unrelated topic, I sent you a PM about your trip to NOLA.  I wasn't sure if you saw it, I know it's easy to miss those. 

Oh!  I just saw your post about the level one snowstorm.  Highs are in the low to mid 70s in NOLA all this week.  Enjoy, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning!  Our weekend was fun - dinner and drinks with friends on Saturday and we took a road trip on Sunday to get a new kitchen table and chairs.

Yesterday DH and I packed up all the inside Christmas stuff.  We had been putting it off for days but we finally had to do it because today is the last day they'll pick up the Christmas tree.  We'd like to get the outside lights put away but it's supposed to rain all day today.

I have a meeting at 10:30 today that I'm almost dreading because I don't want to go out in the rain.

• edited January 2017
    I have wanted a middle grill so badly @short+sassy, but our house has a relatively new (but super basic) stove from when we bought the house so there was no need to a new one. And we really need a new fridge so it's going to have to wait. But I'm super envious. 

I usually put used appliances in my rentals, but there were just so many good deals going on during the holiday season, it made more sense to buy new and have warranties.

Our old stove was perfectly fine and we normally never would have replaced it.  But, since we needed two stoves for the duplex anyway...took advantage of the opportunity to upgrade ours.  I'm already seeing that one of the perks of being a landlady is I might have the opportunity to upgrade and have new appliances more often than I normally would, lol. 

On an unrelated topic, I sent you a PM about your trip to NOLA.  I wasn't sure if you saw it, I know it's easy to miss those. 

Oh!  I just saw your post about the level one snowstorm.  Highs are in the low to mid 70s in NOLA all this week.  Enjoy, lol. 

Yes! I emailed you. 

ETA; so excited about the weather! 
  • I joined nextdoor because of someone on here. Mostly it's lost dogs and such, but last week an elderly gentleman started posting daily about people knocking on his house; not his door, not his window, his house. Like he says "very! loud nock's on S.E. side of house 6am. oficer their less than 2 min. I have reported this information to the police." The SE side of his house is brick. I'm concerned about him, but not sure if there's anything I can do since he's calling the police.
    He's the kind of guy that will end up accidentally shooting someone.

Nothing else really going on today.
  • Sleet here over night so schools were on a 2 hr delay, except preschool.  I hate this. 

Resumes are coming in faster than I can review them. Since they just let someone go I'm going to guess there will be another round of resumes.  I'm going down Monday for training on another job duty.  This should give me at least another hour a day. Max will be in preschool 3 days a week next year so this is going to be good.
  • S+S - when we bought our house, the original 40 year old stove was still there!  First full day in the house sent us to Sears for a new one!  We also bought a stainless steel one with a black top and middle burner.  I love that stove!  We now have a black dishwasher, stainless with black microwave and stove, and a white fridge.  The fridge doesn't sound so good, so I hope to get a new one this year on Black Friday.  I wanted to do it this past year, but we are trying to pay off a 0% interest cc before the baby comes.  Gah!  Life priorities!

I went back to the doctor last night and was told my anemia work up came out fine.  She is very happy with baby's size and heartrate.  I go back again in 2 weeks and will have an ultrasound to get baby's position.  We also have our first birthing class this week on Thursday at our doctor's office.  The remaining classes are through the hospital I will deliver at and are spread out through February. 

The frustrating part about the doctors: so last week, they called me to move my appointment up.  No problem, still could make it.  We get there and there are so many women ahead of me!  We didn't get seen until my original appointment time!  At least the assistant was very apologetic when we were finally taken back.

We then went out to a new diner nearby, instead of the burger place.  It was good, but pricy!  We got good portion sizes, but a typical diner dinner around us is about half of what we actually paid.  So while tasty, we probably won't be heading back there.

• I finished a book last night.  Stayed up way too late reading it, and my only regret is that I suddenly can't stand to drink coffee anymore so I've spent the better part of the morning nodding off at my desk.

We repotted several plants that have been spawning, and now our kitchen looks like a jungle.  We ran out of counter space, so here's to hoping Hiccup doesn't decide to dig up the ones in pots on the floor.

DH and I are headed to Charleston this weekend to hang out with some of his friends.  I've met most of these people only once (at our wedding), and I'm the most socially inept and awkward person I've ever met, so I am more dreading this trip than looking forward to it.  Still, though, these are his best friends and their SOs, so I'm going to try really hard to turtle out of my shell this weekend.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @short+sassy I am so jealous of your new stove!  

@DrillSergeantCat Maybe he has ghosts?  But seriously, if he is reporting to the police, hopefully they check on him.  I find NextDoor most useful because people post when there are backups on the highway near my neighborhood.  I also used to to advertise our full sized candy bars on Halloween.  We had families driving to our house and me dancing in the street in a Nemo costume.  It was awesome.

Today I am making a trip to IKEA because I can and because it is close to work.  I bought my "Cards" box there for $8 and now I sit in judgment of everyone who is trying to resell their "Cards" birdcage on every BST site for $50.  

• That is creepy AF @Heffalump.  I hate when people make assumptions about my family relationships from the outside.  

Oh and tangent to that irritation, it reminds me that DH's aunt (the cuh-razy one from his dad's side) posted on a FB pic of Christmas, "Oh I'm so glad you invited S (DH's mentally/physically disabled-lives-in-a-group-home aunt) to Christmas!"  Bitch, she's always invited.  She's always around for holidays and other family gatherings.  I said something to DH and he just rolled his eyes and was like, "Yeah, she's something else."
  • DSC - The old man sounds a like his EZ cheese has slid off his cracker.  We have a local woodpecker who likes to knock on the gutters and casing around our windows for whatever reason.  The first time I heard the gutter noise, I was so freaked out!  Hopefully, its something little like that and he can figure out what the noise is and get it to stop.

Atomic - We are going to Charelston next weekend!  Just try to relax and enjoy the delicious food!

• @mrsconn23  ooh! Excited to hear what the project will be :)

@charlotte989875  the amount of invite ideas out there are crazy! Does she know gender? {If you mentioned it, I missed it!}

@short+sassy  Our next stove will have a middle burner lol

@DrillSergeantCat  your poor neighbour :( I hope someone can help him

Not much last night. I was pretty tired, so I was glad I already asked M to make dinner.
    I've been trying really hard to be more organized for 2017. Planning meals, clearing the counters at night, etc etc.
    Actually, the other night I even managed to clear stuff off the floor of our kitchen! There's still a couple things there that I need to find new homes for, but I've been going through the cupboards to make room and sort.
    I asked M to sweep the basement this week so this weekend we could look at moving stuff from garage into the basement {for what needs to go down}

Progress!

Tonight is likely not much. I feel more tired today than anticipated. I may go through my closet a bit, but not sure.
    M is home with a sinus headache, but I'm hoping he'll go through job postings. There's one that's really close to our place that he could essentially walk or bike to work.
    That would be really good for him to get moving.

Another thing on our "to-do" for 2017 is to get walking more. I told M that once it's nice out I wanna start going for walks. Our plan is to walk to movie theater when it's nice out. It's not too far, but it'd feel farther if we aren't 'in shape' to do it.
  • edited January 2017
    @Ro041 & @OliveOilsMom His other posts:

thank you Good neighbors no vandlisem or terriaose, to cold for the vandles & tearists to harris me from my so called close on foot neighbors ya right

house vandlelisum terisum punk sissy Oh now it's quite aroung my house .The punk sissy mofo's won't come around they know the snow will show me where they are coming from.

House vandalism terrorism punk sissy - Oh now it's quiet around my house. The punk sissy mofo's won't come around since they know the snow will show me where they are coming from. 

vandlisum (terisum) my house nocked on about midnight again 6am last night 1/4/17 E. N. side of house also hert my cat I heard him sceeme 6am. n.a. s. 44th suck's biker bullies. I have reported this information to the police.

Vandalism (terrorism) someone knocked on my house around midnight then again at 6am. It was the NE side of the house and I also heard my cat scream at the same time. Biker bullies suck. I have reported this information to the police.

Vandlizem (terrisum)

vandilsum (terrisum). I have reported this information to the police.

Vandalism (terrorism) I have reported this information to the police.

My house was vandlived nocked E.&W.side 1:49 3:30 4:30am

My house was vandalized. Someone knocked on the east and west sides of the house at 1:40, 3:30, and 4:30 am.

I updated with what I think he's saying. 

He's not only off his rocker, his rocker quit rocking too. 
  • @DrillSergeantCat  his spelling is making me twitch ...
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    edited January 2017
    @DrillSergeantCat  his spelling is making me twitch ...
    I'm trying to read it as written, and I feel completely illiterate...

ETF words.  The text has broken my brain, apparently.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @DrillSergeantCat  his spelling is making me twitch ...

I tried that and it just makes it so hard :( My coworker's daughter spells things out phonetically {so = sew; you = yew} but this guy's spelling is just complicated!
  • edited January 2017
    @DrillSergeantCat  his spelling is making me twitch ...

I know. Not once did he spell vandalism, terrorism, or knocked correctly. He won't reply when I ask him questions. 

eta - there's an assisted living center behind him that he says has a bunch of teens living there and also says someone is dealing drugs back there. 
    edited January 2017

@charlotte989875, geez, apparently I didn't check that e-mail yesterday.

@DrillSergeantCat, I also signed up for NextDoor after hearing about it here.  I really like it.  In my area, they list all KINDS of useful stuff!  Local events, crime details, street repair updates, etc.  I've even seen an occasional job posting.  I'm sure there is an innocuous explanation for your neighbor's weird knocking.  Hopefully it gets figured out, so he isn't feeling scared about it.

Oh!  Just read your updates.  Yikes, something's not right with him.  I hope he has family involved and nearby.

@AtomicBlonde and @OliveOilsMom, I love Charleston!  I always joke that city is the more genteel and refined sister of NOLA. 

@SaintPaulGal, glad you all had a good time in Europe, overall!  Though with a few bumps.  I hope you can get something worked out with Orbitz.  Welcome to the new stove club, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning!

Looks like all my random job applications and resume sending might be finally paying off. I sent my resume to a different mortgage company this weekend. Its a national company with several branches in my state. There were no job postings on the website, so I emailed them my resume. I got a response this morning and they want to meet with me to discuss possibilities on Thursday! Woohoo! From what I've heard, this is a good place to work. And it certainly has a better reputation than the place I work now. I'm excited.

My boss is currently talking about laying people off due to lack of business. Now please remember, he hired his ex mistress's daughter to work here last month, even though we didn't need her- all because he's trying to get a guy he doesn't like to quit. So now he's threatening layoffs. Guess who will more than likely be the person to go? Not the new girl. It will be the guy he doesn't like. Boss's ex mistress works here and has forbidden him from getting rid of her daughter or else she will expose the affair. This place is insane.

• Morning!

Looks like all my random job applications and resume sending might be finally paying off. I sent my resume to a different mortgage company this weekend. Its a national company with several branches in my state. There were no job postings on the website, so I emailed them my resume. I got a response this morning and they want to meet with me to discuss possibilities on Thursday! Woohoo! From what I've heard, this is a good place to work. And it certainly has a better reputation than the place I work now. I'm excited.

My boss is currently talking about laying people off due to lack of business. Now please remember, he hired his ex mistress's daughter to work here last month, even though we didn't need her- all because he's trying to get a guy he doesn't like to quit. So now he's threatening layoffs. Guess who will more than likely be the person to go? Not the new girl. It will be the guy he doesn't like. Boss's ex mistress works here and has forbidden him from getting rid of her daughter or else she will expose the affair. This place is insane.

WHAT!?
  • We're all fighting colds here, so there was some debate on going to school--but it's mooooot because school got cancelled.
    So I called work--it was meeting/prep-work day.  I'm not burning my backup child-care for a meeting and then to operate a paper-cutter for an hour, and drivig through awful snow.

The kiddo and I are curling up w/ the lego movie, and I have a bunch o' chores to do.

I totally wanna just go back to bed though

• There's one woman on Nextdoor in our area who is harping on a new bridge that was put up in place of the old one:
    -It's curved the "wrong way"
    -It's too steep
    -The turn is too scary!
    -When it's cold it freezes!
    This woman didn't get the memo that water freezes just as fast on an old bridge as it does on a new one but new pavement may be smoother.   You'd think it's some giant race track but the thing is a few hundred feet long.

Now, when there's any kind of ice from the night before, we see, "CAREFUL THE BRIDGE!!!" posted on there.   

My other favorite is when people question the cleanliness / status of the roads. Friday we had a small amount of snow and a woman asked, "Should there really have been only a 2 hour delay with the roads so slippery?"   I dropped the kids off at daycare that morning at the normal time and only saw my traction control kick in once.   I drive an Odyssey.   It's not some vehicle with all wheel / 4 wheel drive but we DO have snow tires on our cars.   If you don't walk in the snow in sneakers and blame someone other than yourself why would you drive in the snow without snow tires?     I live in New England.   It snows here.     
    ::steps down from soap box::

I think I have DH's sinus cold.   I hate it when it hurts to put my head down!   I think it's making me snore because I woke up in the middle of the night to DH petting my head.   I thought, "This is sweet," and then realized, "Stop snoring you big dummy!" 
    edited January 2017

So many, many, many, many good vibes sending your way, @thefanciestbeckler.  You cannot get out of there fast enough.  Though I'll selfishly miss the crazy stories.

And that is awesome sending a blind resume worked for at least a meet up!  You always hear that job seeking advice, but I've always been skeptical about it.  Glad to hear it worked for you. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DSC, I quit at the third terism/tourism/terrorism post.  Poor guy.  Sounds like it could be dementia.

Have fun tomorrow @charlotte989875.  I loved NOLA when I was there a long, long time ago.

H had a 2 hour delay today as well which was awesome.  He came back to bed and snuggled and then we had some BCBC before work.  Then it took 45 minutes to drive the usually 20 minutes to my dads to take him to have his skin cancer removed.  I'm home now waiting for the call when he's released and the best news of all - the bed was just delivered.  Except the comforter set we ordered from Macys won't be here until Thursday so I'm guessing we'll have to sleep on it with two blankets tonight.  Thankfully we picked up sheets on Saturday!

@Heffalump my mom has creepy friends too.  Admittedly her generation of Deaf people struggle with boundaries and social norms because, 1.  the culture is different and 2.  that generation for the most part was raised by parents who felt guilty for having kids with a handicap and as a result never punished their kids.  But still.  My sister's god mom shares everyone's posts all of the time so she limits what she can see, and due to the difference in culture they have no problems pointing out thing hearing people would likely never say:

Where is your son, still on drugs or back in treatment?  I pray he is ok.
    Is your daughter pregnant again?
    Ooh, Kim's H is going bald.

• Yes @MissKittyDanger, they are having a girl. They're super excited, but so far apart on names. Everything she likes her H doesn't, and everything he likes she hates.