Wedding Woes

Wednesday

It's DefConn's 100th day of school. He's a hipster old man.  :D
Image may contain 1 person stripes eyeglasses indoor and closeup

What's up with you today?  ;) 

Re: Wednesday

• I'm waiting for stores to open so I can go buy some clothes for the next couple days.  The girls really only have one nice outfit each right now, so I need to find them something.  DD1 has had a huge growth spurt.  She had outgrown everything we bought her for xmas before we gave them to her.
  • @mrsconn23  - he is adorable!

I am working from home today.  I had to drive across the state yesterday for work so today will be extra nice.  

• Love it, @mrsconn23!  He is too cute!

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I cannot keep my eyes open.  This has been going on for two solid weeks now, maybe longer, but my brain is too sleep-fuzzed to be able to think that far back.  No amount of caffeine is helping.  I don't think it's a lack of sleep, either, because with few exceptions, it's the same sleep schedule I've had for years.

Our freezer is making some kind of weird whirring noise that is apparently driving DH batty, which is driving me batty.  He says the fan cover is loose, or something, so he has been using frozen flank steak to prop the cover up to lessen the noise.  And apparently every time I go into the freezer to pull out something for dinner, I dislodge his "fix," which starts the whole cycle over again.

Last night he spent an hour dicking around with it and then called an appliance repair place.  I'm pretty pissed.  It's a noise I have never paid any attention to, or even noticed when he's not around to notice it for everyone, and I know it's going to cost us at least half as much as the stupid thing is worth to repair, and right now, we don't have that kind of money to be flinging at minor annoyances.

But, on the flip side, I freak out over stupid shit, too, that I have also thrown money at to make go away, so I don't really have the wiggle room to complain.  And hopefully this is just my stomach growling at the world because I have to fast so I can get poked with a needle this afternoon, and I'm pretty hungry.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @mrsconn23  love it :D 

@tawillers  jeez crazy growth spurt!

@AtomicBlonde  I could go to bed at the same time every night and still have those days. I find going to bed at least half hour earlier for a couple nights helps. Maybe try doing something relaxing before bed to help you sleep?

Only thing last night was going over budget heavily. M's laptop died, so he needed to get a new one. His aren't cheap because he does gaming {which are heavy} and he'll also code on his own {also a heavy program}
    So in order to add $1500 on top of what he already owes, we had to figure out what we could do - which is put him on a tight budget. I also pushed that he job hunt, so he could get a job that pays more. We're looking at how to tighten the budget on both of us anyways. Pay things off for him, build savings for me.

Tonight is groceries, which means likely tomorrow I'm stopping by dollarama to find things for decor. I got a really great idea I'm hoping will work.
  • edited January 2017
    It has been so busy at work. I can't even deal. I have a new approach today, and will not wig out. I'm an internal wigger outer and not today.
  • @mrsconn23 I cannot even handle that level of adorableness!!! I love those glasses!!!

Got into work early today to get my deadline out the door. I'm glad I did, because I was able to get it out an hour ahead of schedule (woohoo!), but now I am exhausted. And I can't have any more coffee. :-(

I've decided to reward myself at lunchtime with lunch from Whole Foods. I'm irrationally excited about this. 
  • Awwwww at DefConn!  He is adorable! 

SDSS over here.  Although, it was 61 when we left the house this morning, so I can't complain about that.  Eagerly awaiting spring, but expecting that Mother Nature still has some winter up her sleeve.

I am officially down 5+ lbs since Christmas.  Not exactly a dress size (yet), but I'm trying to do the slow and steady thing, and so far, so good.  I should probably make time to work out at lunch today.

@tawillers, we are dealing with this right now, but with shoes.  Good times! :)
  • I follow this beauty blog quite often, but there's finally photos!

If you're a fun lipstick fan, MAC is getting a really neat line out called "ColourRocker"

I have my eye on the light purple, coral, orange and pink.
    *repeats* I don't need more lipstick, I don't need more lipstick ....

ANYWAYS
    Link: http://www.temptalia.com/mac-colourrocker-collection-for-spring-2017/#more-271722
  • @short+sassy, I actually have a dr appt this afternoon and I fully intend to mention it then.  The low thyroid has crossed my mind, but I'm hoping it's as simple a diagnosis as, "You need a vacation."

Incidentally, I did mention it to GMIL last night, and she was silent for a few moments, and then asked, "You're not pregnant, are you?"  Eeek.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @short+sassy  yup! Just got a new laptop because of that. M has had issues with this laptop for awhile {virus rooted into something} so he's amazed it lasted 3yrs.
    HORRIBLE LAPTOP JUJU FOR US!!
  • Ugh, today is my "sunday".  Have to go back to work tomorrow.     DH is at the hospital for an ultrasound to make sure his aneurism hasn't grown (so far it hasn't in 3.5 years).    I'm on my way out for my annual physical.   Fun day in our household.

My mom is being released today.   She is still on IV meds, so they have to go back every morning until the 29th to get it changed out.   Dad says she is looking/feeling much better.   She was to get some shots in her back on Thursday, but that has been pushed to next month.

I think I might head to the consignment shop later today.  I'm in desperate need of jeans.  Mine fall down.   The down side of living in a small town is there are few stores out here.  The closest mall is 1.5 hours away.  I'm not complete sure my new size, so I'm weary of ordering online.  I'm pretty lazy and don't like to deal with returning items.     With brick-and-mortar stores going away, I'm guessing I have to get over that. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @short+sassy, I actually have a dr appt this afternoon and I fully intend to mention it then.  The low thyroid has crossed my mind, but I'm hoping it's as simple a diagnosis as, "You need a vacation."

Incidentally, I did mention it to GMIL last night, and she was silent for a few moments, and then asked, "You're not pregnant, are you?"  Eeek.

That would be great!  (Doctor scribbles "VACATION" on a script page).  You turn it into your work for legit time off.  You turn it into your health insurance company.  They cover all the expenses, except for your co-pay.

At least that is how it would be if I were Queen of the World ;).

When I had bronchitis and a sinus infection a few weeks ago the Doctor offered to write naps on a Rx pad so I would actually take the time to rest. 

That would be great!  (Doctor scribbles "VACATION" on a script page).  You turn it into your work for legit time off.  You turn it into your health insurance company.  They cover all the expenses, except for your co-pay.

At least that is how it would be if I were Queen of the World ;).

@short+sassy you have my vote for sure!! 
  • SaintPaulGalSaintPaulGal member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2017
    Our new general manager started on Monday.  He seems like quite a character. I'm not sure yet if that is good or bad.  He is pretty much turned to 11 on how greaaaaaat the new company is.  He has worked for them twice in the past (not weird in this business where people move hotel to hotel quite often) and he is making a big deal about how happy he is to come back.  I can't tell if he is really that enthusiastic or if he is a big talker.  I guess time will tell.

Last night we went to a new restaurant that is super well reviewed, and also happens to be located in a really cool new hotel in a converted warehouse.  We had duck and cocktails and it was soooo good!  I toured the hotel for work when they opened a couple of months ago, and FI and I are planning on doing a room block there for the wedding since it's super close to our venue.  I wanted to show it off to him, so I took him up to the top level where they have a rooftop bar and spa and other assorted amenities.  Well I walked right up there and there was nobody around.  I showed FI the view, where things were located, etc. and two security guys came up and questioned us, saying that nobody was supposed to be up there.  Umm..then maybe try locking the door or even just putting up a sign saying that the area is closed.  So that was uncomfortable. 

FI is off on a short business trip to Green Bay today.  He's there overnight and then back late tomorrow.  I'll probably watch trashy TV and go to bed early.  I haven't been sleeping great lately.

• @OliveOilsMom  cutiesss!!!

@levioosa  excuse me while I go snuggle your kitty :)
  • @mrsconn23 Defconn is too much!  Love it!

@levioosa I love your new kitty!

@charlotte989875 I don't know you didn't nap!  I am currently sleeping from 10-9 every night with a nap during the day.  I hoped to go back to work today, but my cough is more frequent than it was yesterday.  If Bronchitis was a baby, I'd be in active labor today.

@short+sassy for President!

Today I'm WFH ish, again.  I'll never complain about a cold again if it means I never get bronchitis again.  I also got my hand slapped by the KG's for my post on the deleted thread.  I highly disagree, but alas, I'm not a God, so I know my objections get me nowhere.
  • @VarunaTT  I think you made best idea warning people about this person. Sounds like a piece of work, but hopefully she won't cause too many issues :(
  • @VarunaTT that's so shitty.  I am of the personal philosophy that an individual's horridness will eventually out itself.  So while she might cause problems for a little bit, eventually everyone is going to know that she's a bitch on wheels who should be ignored.  

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2017
    @levioosa I'm not sure if you're saying my decision is shitty or not.

And I disagree.  Usually I would keep my mouth shut, but she's a bully.  She bullied me and she's bullied numerous other people.  She actually stalked me online posting after me on things about how I was a murderer, baby killer, a fanatic, and a terrorist, until I blocked her.  She said similar things to other people.  I have screenshots from 3 other people and the screenshots of my conversation with her where she stated those things to us.  I think she's mentally ill, frankly.  I just tell people when her name comes up as trying to do something, that I've had a very bad personal experience with her and consider her a bully. 
  • I had a fight with H last night and left the house for 6 hours. 

I do not feel better this morning.

I'm trying not to take it out on clients. My mute button is getting a LOT of exercise. 

• VarunaTT said:
    @levioosa I'm not sure if you're saying my decision is shitty or not.

And I disagree.  Usually I would keep my mouth shut, but she's a bully.  She bullied me and she's bullied numerous other people.  She actually stalked me online posting after me on things about how I was a murderer, baby killer, a fanatic, and a terrorist, until I blocked her.  She said similar things to other people.  I have screenshots from 3 other people and the screenshots of my conversation with her where she stated those things to us.  I think she's mentally ill, frankly.  I just tell people when her name comes up as trying to do something, that I've had a very bad personal experience with her and consider her a bully. 
    Sorry, poor typing on my part.  I meant that's so shitty that you have to deal with her coming into your life again.  I don't disagree with your decision to tell people about it when it comes up.  I just meant that she's going to fuck things up for herself too and that will take some pressure off of you having to fight for your voice to be heard.  

• Ah, okay.  :smile:

It'll be okay.  I just need to get over feeling like a tattle tale.  I think if it wasn't someone that was a friend in the first place, it wouldn't bother me so much.  I just try to remember that if I only knew her professionally and she performed badly professionally, I would exercise the same caution in my circles.

Honestly, I'm more surprised at my feelings surrounding this.  I don't think I've ever really been bullied before.  I've had people talk crap about me behind my back and just hate me, but it's always been through a focus of an organizer/leader position and usually from someone that wasn't my friend in the firstplace, so you kind of expect it and learn to slough it off mostly.  This was from someone I considered a very close friend and important in my life.  Experiencing just this sliver has made my heart break even more for any kid getting bullied, b/c I'm almost 40 years old and it's messing with me.
  • I hate those days @baconsmom.  I scream at my computer a lot on those days.  
  • @baconsmom  big hugs :( I hate arguements