Budget Weddings Forum

Would you do a necklace with this dress?

Hey!  I am a sort of new knottie.  I'm a second time bride, and was apart of theknot my first time around (ps, where did all the knotties go, this place was booming back then).  FI and I are on a limited budget. We almost went to the court house, but I really want to do a small ceremony with our kids involved.  I have chosen this dress.  Hair will be down with a hair piece. No blusher veil as second wedding etiquette dictates (possibly no veil at all to save money).  What do you think about necklace?  yay or nay?

Re: Would you do a necklace with this dress?

• I think you would get better responses under the Attire Board than Budget...that said your dress is gorgeous!!!

I think a necklace would be too much.  I would do a nice drop earring and leave it at that in the jewelry department.  All that lace in the neckline/sleeves should be the star (in my opinion) and a necklace/huge statement earrings/etc would try to compete too much. 

• Thanks!   I considered the attire board, but went budget because it's one of my cost cutting ideas. ;)    Your response was exactly what I was thinking, but wanted to hear it from someone else!  I considered a choker, but I'm not a huge fan of those.  :blush:
  • This is an absolutely beautiful gown! Youll look amazing. I would just wear simple drop earrings, no necklace.
  • This is an absolutely beautiful gown! Youll look amazing. I would just wear simple drop earrings, no necklace.
    Totally agree!
  • agreed - I don't think this dress needs a necklace.  It's VERY nice btw.

• If you really want to wear a veil, shop on line.  You can get a lovely veil for cheap.  Or consider borrowing one from a friend.  Most veils look alike these days.  My sister did this.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I agree no necklace is needed! I love the dress! 
  • CMGragain said:
    If you really want to wear a veil, shop on line.  You can get a lovely veil for cheap.  Or consider borrowing one from a friend.  Most veils look alike these days.  My sister did this.
    You might even want to try making a veil, if you like DIY projects.
  • I am looking into a very similar dress style (I'm semi-DIY-ing mine), and personally I do not think I am going to go with a necklace. I think of the lace as the "statement piece," if you will :) . Congratulations!