Wedding Etiquette Forum

Grooms father and Brides mother

124»

Re: Grooms father and Brides mother

• I'm glad you had a good conversation with him about it and it seems it will all work out without incident. However, I'd still be prepared for worst-case scenarios until it is all done and he is off the title and moved out, because right now it's all just words.
  • geebee908 said:
    I'm glad you had a good conversation with him about it and it seems it will all work out without incident. However, I'd still be prepared for worst-case scenarios until it is all done and he is off the title and moved out, because right now it's all just words.
    Correct! However I have faith and we have a date that he will be out by. Plus Saturday is when we go to the bank to change the legal stuff. So I am feeling good about it all. Thanks!
  • Jaime6166 said:
    ************UPDATE**************************
    FI and I successfully were able to get the house in our names. His father and him did what is called a Quit Deed to get FFIL off the deed. We went to the bank, and very easily were able to change the mortgage around. FFIL told FI that this is his house. He never had intentions on staying for good. But wanted to be sure that he could handle it on his own etc. Everything has gone so smooth. FFIL got a place this last week he gets the keys this Friday.   So the end is near we will finally have the place to our selves. I wanted to share how very excited i am.  NOW back to the dreaded planning of this wedding of ours. (I am slightly stressed about the wedding plans)  Thanks for all the input ladies. 
    That is great news!  Congrats and thanks for coming back to update everyone.  It sounds like it went as well as possible.