Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    @thefanciestbeckler  - what an odd coworker you have.  That would seriously get on my nerves too.  

• Options
    It sure is a Monday sort of Wednesday.  Finally get the activity guide for Spring Break only to find out they are discontinuing the kids club for the time we're booked.  Part of the reason we picked this place was the kids club.  They have fun while DH and I do something else.  The water park is also closed two of the days we're booked.

M2 got in trouble.  Instead of getting ready for school she was petting cats or playing with cars.  She lost treat and after school privileges.

Had a stupid meeting at church.

There's a huge tack in my tire in a spot that can't be fixed.  They don't have a tire in stock so I'll have to go back sometime tomorrow. They did give me a loaner tire, but still...

I was supposed to walk with a friend tonight. but it' rainy.
  • Options
    @Heffalump @levioosa I got the nugget the RBG book, that may be next on the list.  And then sometime in the next 5 years, she'll actually be able to read them.

As I tell my sister, someone has to raise a good little feminist!
  • Options
    @sparklepants41  curiosity strikes, did you ever change a gender predictor to see what Lady Sparkles was going to be? I'm curious if it was correct for you :) My friend had all 4 of her kids be correct under them {predictor also tells me I'm having a girl if it all works out when we plan lol}
    I'm not sure - but I did that weird baking soda pee test and it correctly predicted a girl!
  • Options

I think I'm in a bad mood today. As soon as I got to work I was greeted by the smell of burned toast. One of my coworkers makes toast several times a week and burns it every. single. time. And every time, she goes around the office laughing at the top of her lungs and yelling "who likes their toast extra crispy? Anybody want this crispy toast???" It gets on my nerves so bad, and then our office smells like burned toast all day which totally grosses me out.

My sympathies.  I used to work with someone who did this with popcorn.  How do you make popcorn 3-4 times a week for 2 years and not learn how not to burn it? #unsolvedmysteries  But yay for new shoes. :)
  • Options
    Apparently I was so mad at m2 this morning I forgotten to pack 6lets lunch. Mom fail. 
  • Options
    And I knew I shouldn't have allowed myself a glimpse of hope.  Knowing I'm 20' away and even over the volume of my music I can hear my boss advocating against a corporate sales trainer.  FML.  Why do I stay here?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Heffalump said:

I think I'm in a bad mood today. As soon as I got to work I was greeted by the smell of burned toast. One of my coworkers makes toast several times a week and burns it every. single. time. And every time, she goes around the office laughing at the top of her lungs and yelling "who likes their toast extra crispy? Anybody want this crispy toast???" It gets on my nerves so bad, and then our office smells like burned toast all day which totally grosses me out.

My sympathies.  I used to work with someone who did this with popcorn.  How do you make popcorn 3-4 times a week for 2 years and not learn how not to burn it? #unsolvedmysteries  But yay for new shoes. :)

i2i on this. It's toast (or popcorn)... not rocket science. Lol. Burned popcorn is WAY worse than toast though.

ETA words

• Options
    Heffalump said:

i2i on this. It's not rocket science. Lol. Burned popcorn is WAY worse than toast though.
    Word. Burnt microwave popcorn is one of my least favorite smells.

Great to see you here, @missJeanLouise! I've been wondering how you and H were getting settled in.

Tonight I'm supposed to go to my alma mater for information about a program where alumni mentor students going into college. I keep talking myself out of it, saying, "Who would want me as a mentor?" FW encouraged me to go anyway, but I still have my doubts.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2017
    6fsn said:
    Apparently I was so mad at m2 this morning I forgotten to pack 6lets lunch. Mom fail. 
    I've been there.  I've definitely been so mad at one kid that it basically short circuited my brain.  

You definitely need to put your feet up and have a drink as soon as you have time for it.  
  • Options

On the subject of burnt popcorn, in the last office building I worked in, an employee of the tenant across from us had burnt popcorn so bad that there was smoke coming out of the microwave.  I only know this because they took the microwave and put it outside the main office door to "air it out".  Fortunately, we couldn't smell it in our offices.  But less than one minute later, it set off the fire alarm!!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

i2i on this. It's not rocket science. Lol. Burned popcorn is WAY worse than toast though.

Great to see you here, @missJeanLouise! I've been wondering how you and H were getting settled in.

Tonight I'm supposed to go to my alma mater for information about a program where alumni mentor students going into college. I keep talking myself out of it, saying, "Who would want me as a mentor?" FW encouraged me to go anyway, but I still have my doubts.
    They'd be lucky to have you as a mentor! Take it from someone who works with students, they are begging for guidance; and not from people who have had a perfect, easy careers. They want to know what to do when things don't go their way, or to have advice from people who have struggled, because they struggle. You definitely can, and should, do it!
    10000000% agree with @charlotte989875. I think it's awesome that you're doing this, @OurWildKingdom, and I think those students will be able to learn so much from you. Also - I think the "who would want me as a mentor?" mentality makes you the perfect kind of person to mentor others. That humility will go a long way!

• Options
    Heffalump said:

It's closer, which is a plus, but I'm not overly far now.  I almost never have to travel now, which is great with DH's job and the kids.  If I have to duck out for something like today's volunteer stint, no one bats an eye.  And I know how things work, so the thought of starting over and having to relearn everything somewhere else is daunting.  For a job you want, it's exciting.  For one you don't care about, it feels pretty pointless. 

This is why I see myself staying at my job for quite some time. I don't mind it, I like the people and the work for the most part. But mostly I like that it is flexible and as long as i get my work done they're cool about coming/going which I know will be important with the baby and as he grows older. 
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

Can you be my mentor?
    But like others said, you will be amazing! Your FW is right to encourage you to go :)
  • Options
    Ugh, creepy groom guy from TK's Men's Warehouse ad is jumping into my face again.  Almost like a 3-D movie, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, creepy groom guy from TK's Men's Warehouse ad is jumping into my face again.  Almost like a 3-D movie, lol.
    I know - all day! Super annoying!