Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

2»

Re: Thursday

• Options
    Hoping everything is all right @GBCK
  • Options
    In what I do, companies have a vote on what our clients pay {I work for a bankruptcy firm - they vote for proposals}
    ANYWAYS one company called to confirm something, and the way they were asking and mentioning things I had a feeling they would vote Against and try to get the client to try and pay more. So I directed them to a note we have on the budget - which he didn't see - so I think I changed the voting outcome, which I won't know for a bit .... but still
    *puffs chest*
  • Options

@VarunaTT, good luck with your drag show.  You've been working so hard at it, I know you're going to be AWESOME!

@GBCK, I hope everything is all right with your little one.

@MissKittyDanger, I remember when this payroll stupidity happened to M before.  Wasn't it just a month or two after you all had bought your house?  You keep the whip on him to find a new employer!  Though I admittedly need to take my own advice!

Watched a police officer run a red light this morning.  That's great (sarcasm).  He was in the lane next to me, no lights or siren, and we were coming up to a street light JUST as it was turning red.  He flipped his lights and siren on for a few seconds to continue through the intersection.  And immediately turned them back off.  Because obviously he is not rushing to any emergency.  I don't care he's in a police car.  THAT'S a dick move.

Whoooaaaa, Mardi Gras season is in full swing around these parts now.  Traffic is a nightmare everywhere, not just in touristy areas.  There was a parade last night and tonight.  Even though it doesn't hit my work site until at least 8PM, there were already some people lined up behind the barricades when I went home last night at 5PM.  The trees down St. Charles Ave are trimmed with beads.  From float riders with bad aim, lol.

My H and I are lame, though, lol.  We both moved here from other areas and both LOVED Mardi Gras season when we first came out.  Loved it for a number of years.  Then the love started to wane.  More and more each year.  I used to insist on X number of parades we'd go to and definitely catch them all on Mardi Gras Day.  For the last few years, I've been, "I just want to go to one!  It can be a weekday one."  This year, I didn't even want to do that.  I'm just laying low, surviving the hoopla as best I can, and looking forward to it being over, lol.

My one bright side is Mardi Gras Day (this coming Tuesday) is a company holiday and I'm taking a vacation day on Monday to turn it into a 4-day weekend.  And I'll spend Mardi Gras Day sitting at home being super uncool, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@VarunaTT, good luck with your drag show.  You've been working so hard at it, I know you're going to be AWESOME!

@GBCK, I hope everything is all right with your little one.

@MissKittyDanger, I remember when this payroll stupidity happened to M before.  Wasn't it just a month or two after you all had bought your house?  You keep the whip on him to find a new employer!  Though I admittedly need to take my own advice!

Watched a police officer run a red light this morning.  That's great (sarcasm).  He was in the lane next to me, no lights or siren, and we were coming up to a street light JUST as it was turning red.  He flipped his lights and siren on for a few seconds to continue through the intersection.  And immediately turned them back off.  Because obviously he is not rushing to any emergency.  I don't care he's in a police car.  THAT'S a dick move.

Whoooaaaa, Mardi Gras season is in full swing around these parts now.  Traffic is a nightmare everywhere, not just in touristy areas.  There was a parade last night and tonight.  Even though it doesn't hit my work site until at least 8PM, there were already some people lined up behind the barricades when I went home last night at 5PM.  The trees down St. Charles Ave are trimmed with beads.  From float riders with bad aim, lol.

My H and I are lame, though, lol.  We both moved here from other areas and both LOVED Mardi Gras season when we first came out.  Loved it for a number of years.  Then the love started to wane.  More and more each year.  I used to insist on X number of parades we'd go to and definitely catch them all on Mardi Gras Day.  For the last few years, I've been, "I just want to go to one!  It can be a weekday one."  This year, I didn't even want to do that.  I'm just laying low, surviving the hoopla as best I can, and looking forward to it being over, lol.

My one bright side is Mardi Gras Day (this coming Tuesday) is a company holiday and I'm taking a vacation day on Monday to turn it into a 4-day weekend.  And I'll spend Mardi Gras Day sitting at home being super uncool, lol.

I have seen that so many times in MA. H has said often that for that reason and others, police officers should have to fill something out every time they put their lights/siren on. I mean, what if that police officer had caused an accident running that red light? 
  • Options
    @short+sassy  yes ma'am! November. That was the 3rd time in 2016. Sounds like this has really shaken him awake when it comes to job hunting .... also sounds like 90% of the employees are doing the same.
  • Options
    @short+sassy, after 4+ years in NOLA, I can honestly say that the only parades I still wanted to go to were Krewe du Vieux and Muses.  I honestly couldn't understand the appeal anymore.

Also, I never liked King Cake.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

Sassy, it took me years to adjust to not having Mardi Gras off. Monday and Tuesday. I usually come home every other year for MG and I have family that I have to talk into going. My grandmother would watch it on tv every year, but cook food for us to take out with us. I miss those days.

I do love Endymion, though. My favorite parade.

• Options
    @mrsconn23  - I saw this article and immediately thought of your post from the other day (was it last week?)  This case is so sad.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4249630/Teen-girls-photographed-recorded-double-murderer.html

• Options
    @short+sassy, after 4+ years in NOLA, I can honestly say that the only parades I still wanted to go to were Krewe du Vieux and Muses.  I honestly couldn't understand the appeal anymore.

Also, I never liked King Cake.

We have a lot of friends in Krewe du Vieux.  We were planning to go to that one this year but, when we looked up the traffic, the solid red lines on the roads we'd need to take scared us off.  Muses is one of my faves!  It's rolling tonight.  That's the only one we've been catching the last few years.  They also added another female krewe a few years ago called Nyx.  Muses has the "shoes" theme.  Nyx has a "purses" theme.

For you all not familiar, the prized "throw" for Muses...an item float riders toss out or hand to people...is a decorated/bedazzled high heeled shoe.  Their beads have a shoe pendant and each year it is a different shoe.

Nyx, which was last night (always on Wed.) doe the same thing, but with decorated/bedazzled purses.

I only like King Cakes filled with cream cheese.  And people side-eye me when I wipe all the thick frosting off the top, lol.  That stuff is so gross, but most people like it.

@NOLABridesmaid, that is just wrong.  Everyone should have it off, lol.  I'm sure you know, but this is the last year Endymion is rolling their Mid-City route.  They're being forced to move to the normal route next year.  Unless that's changed...yet again, lol.  There are a lot of rich and powerful guys on that krewe who have kept the move from happening for years.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ro041 said:
    @mrsconn23  - I saw this article and immediately thought of your post from the other day (was it last week?)  This case is so sad.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4249630/Teen-girls-photographed-recorded-double-murderer.html

It's been dominating the news here.  I'm hoping they get an identity soon. 
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    VarunaTT said:
    Tonight is my drag show.  I'm doing David Bowie's "Dance Magic", Red Hot Chili Peppers "Give It Away", and I'm Elton John in "Don't Go Breaking my Heart".  It's going to be hilarious, and fun, but right now I just want it the hell over with.

This crazy roller coaster needs to slow the eff down.

Also, dear Knut Gods/IT Monkeys, instead of the stupid ads, can you make it so I stay logged in?  Thanks.
    Just saw this! Hope you're having fun!

Frenetic day at work, complicated by e-mail and Internet connectivity issues. Boo, hiss. Did get home in enough time for us to take the mutt to the dog park before my meeting. 

Now I'm supposed to be reading my book club book and doing homework for my sponsor, but instead I'm looking at houses for rent and catching up on TK.

I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow, so today was my Friday. There's that.  :)