Wedding Woes

Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday, WW!  What's up?

Not a lot here.  Meeting a lawn guy tonight.  DS has a new preschool teacher, and he doesn't like her because when he was running around pretending to be a car outside, she wouldn't let him crash into the other kids.  I told him that was solid advice, and also to keep an open mind.  DS: "No."  He has this way of saying no that is like Eleven in Stranger Things: not mad, not defiant, but utterly certain.

I couldn't strike today, so I'm wearing red. :)

Re: Wednesday!

• Hello!
    @Heffalump I absolutely LOVE all of your stories about DS - he sounds awesome!!

It's a rainy day, but I only have a tiny bit left to do to get my deadline out the door. Then I will start wrapping up my deadline for Friday, but there isn't a whole heck of a lot to do for that one either.

Tonight I'm going out with a friend to an aaaaammmaaaazzzziiiiiiinnnnnggggg Mexican place in the Seaport District and I'm not sure if I'm more excited to see her or eat the food. 

I don't have much red in my wardrobe (I have pink undertones, so red is a difficult color for me), and certainly not in my still very small maternity wardrobe, so I am wearing burgundy patent leather t-strap pumps and a lemon & line red nautical rope bracelet and a red beaded Alex & Ani bracelet. My regular coffee shop is a local chain on the South Shore that is owned by a woman - so even if I can't strike today I am participating as hard as I can! 

• I needed a mental health day, so decided to work from home.(I have too much going on for a vacation day - but we'll be doing a weekend trip to San Antonio next weekend.) I'm wearing my red honey badger shirt. Double win. 
  • @charlotte989875 Not that UO, I think.  I didn't know much about it and feel it was poorly executed and agree I don't know what the expectations are.

My life is relatively boring right now.  Except that I just logged into our business system and the bid I spent 2 bids putting together that totals 4 million dollars is gone.  I'm freaking out!  I submitted a request to the business system to find it since I know I didn't delete it.

I was on the phone with my sis this morning when she took the nugget through the drive thru.  When they pull up to the window I hear her yell "hi!" and then when they leave she yells "bye!"  I love that little girl!
  • So my mom just texted me.  The good news is that my grandma is not going to assisted living, they're getting round the clock nursing care.  The bad news is, this is pretty much the end of the road.  They don't know how long she has left, but her doctor said "not months."  So now we're making plans to get down to see her one more time.  My mom needs to wait until after her last radiation treatment, so we're looking at maybe the week before Easter.  Which works well, since it's also Wooz's spring break, and she wouldn't have to miss school.  (Her district is really fanatical about not missing school.) 
  • I'm so sorry @Heffalump.  How's your mom taking the news?
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @Heffalump I'm sorry to hear about that.

I didn't know I was supposed to wear red today.  I haven't really seen anything other than it's Women's Day.  I haven't seen any news in days.

I still have a ton of little things going on.  I need to make a list so I don't miss something.
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @Heffalump - what crappy news.  I am sorry to hear it.  

I don't plan to participate today because I don't know what the end goal is.  

I saw Cabaret last night and it was amazing.  I cried at the end (maybe because I am still upset about Old Dog or maybe it was the fact that the story resonates so much more now with this administration).  

Today I work from home and I really need it.  I am going to clean up some of Old Dog's stuff today.  Then nap.

• @Heffalump  I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. The picture of her and Wooz is so sweet.
  • Hey!  It's my day off.  :D  

DH did the one month trial of Beachbody on demand.  I love it, but trying the Rockin' Body and TurboFire has taught me that I have no rhythm at all.  I can keep up, but it looks like this: 

However, 20 min of cardio with another 10-20 min of yoga is definitely a good sweet spot for me, so yay!  :D 

Anyway, I need to do some shopping/returns.  I also might get a pedi if I have time.  As soon as DefConn gets off the bus, I have to go pick up my nephews for my sister and then wait for her to get home from work. 
  • @Heffalump - if i live to be 100, i'm wearing a tiara every day. your grandma is awesome.
  • I'm sorry about your grandma, @Heffalump.  Comfort vibes for her and peace for the rest of you.  <3 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Hey!  It's my day off.  :D  

DH did the one month trial of Beachbody on demand.  I love it, but trying the Rockin' Body and TurboFire has taught me that I have no rhythm at all.  I can keep up, but it looks like this: 

However, 20 min of cardio with another 10-20 min of yoga is definitely a good sweet spot for me, so yay!  :D 

Anyway, I need to do some shopping/returns.  I also might get a pedi if I have time.  As soon as DefConn gets off the bus, I have to go pick up my nephews for my sister and then wait for her to get home from work. 
    This is how I feel doing the BOD cize workout. I used to think I could dance, but now I'm sure I can't. 
  • @Heffalump  I love that she's wearing a tiara :') My nana is gonna turn 90 next year, so I think I may get her one ;)
    Sorry to hear about her health and what the dr said :( Sounds like she's had a good life so far, which probably helps you guys.

@sparklepants41  I have pink undertones also! I don't physically wear much red, except for lips - which are a blue-red - but if you find red is too much as a shirt, try wearing a skirt. I stole my mum's red maxi skirt last year for Canada Day and it worked great!

@kimmiinthemitten  hahaha! I love when kids have to say 'hi' and 'bye' :) they're so upbeat about it!

Happy international women's day!
    May we know them;
    May we raise them;
    May we be them!

Not a huge amount last night. Finally did groceries! Under budget by like $10 and got to pick up cereal and a treat for M, so that is definitely a win!
    I threw laundry in, started the dishwasher and since M was playing a new video game {he traded in old games and paid a grand total of 18 cents for it lol} 
    Before crashing, I sprayed lysol all over the main floor - couch, handles, cat scratcher, etc - even though I'm pretty sure it's the weather causing this sinus crap, I can't take any chances.

Tonight I'm buzzing M's hair, tidying up his facial hair and watching "This is Us" - my coworker said she spent a good chunk crying, which tells me nothing because this damn show is so emotional! Apparently next week is the season finale!? Thank gawd they're renewed up until season 3 at least! {they got the renewal within the first episode :) }

I think I may shower before the show, because makeup + this is us = bad idea lmao

It's stupidly beautiful out today, and this weekend it's gonna be cold again. FML!
  • mrsconn23 said:

This is how I feel doing the BOD cize workout. I used to think I could dance, but now I'm sure I can't. 
    It seriously gives me moments of embarrassment, and I'm in my own living room...alone.  LOL  
  • Heffalump said:
    I'm so sorry @Heffalump.  How's your mom taking the news?

She's okay, thanks for asking.  It's been almost a year since my grandma's diagnosis, at which point they said she likely wouldn't survive a year, so everyone has had time to prepare.  I think you kind of grieve a little at a time when that happens, you know?  I don't know if that's the way it was with Mr. Kitten's grandfather, but that's kind of how it's been here, anyway.  She's had a really good life.  She was pretty lucid at her 100th birthday party and seemed to be having a great time, and so many people don't get to do that.  So it's sad, but I think the fact that it's been a long, slow decline has helped ease everyone into it. 

Wooz and my grandma, at my grandma's 100th birthday party.  (Yes, she is wearing a tiara.  At her request. :) )

Image may contain 2 people
    I'm so sorry about the news about your grandma, @Heffalump

I love this photo of her & Wooz! That's awesome she insisted upon wearing a tiara ;)
  • (Hugs) @Heffalump I know this isn't an easy time for you or your family.
    @Ro041 loosing a pet is terrible. My condolences.

I don't have a lot to add today. It is nice having DH home during a day. Girls night is on Sunday. I am making an app we had at our wedding, fancy salad, a build your own flatbread pizza bar, and cheesecake for dessert. 

My dog is getting closer to being here. Everything is tentative but it is looking like the 24th. I hope he is not traumatized by the process. I hope he survives the flight. I hope he thinks it is all worth it once he gets here.
  • @MissKittyDanger If I do wear red, it's an orange-based red, rather than a blue-based red (otherwise I look like a sick Care Bear lol) I have a red shift dress that I love, and I love having my toes painted red, but I just can't bring myself to wear red lipstick. I have always wanted to - and admire those who do - I just am out of my comfort zone in it.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

It seriously gives me moments of embarrassment, and I'm in my own living room...alone.  LOL  
    Oh yah me too. I also feel like my cat is judging me, she's all "do you really think you should be doing this, you look insane". 
  • I'm sorry @Heffalump, I hope you all get to spend some time together soon. 
  • @MissKittyDanger If I do wear red, it's an orange-based red, rather than a blue-based red (otherwise I look like a sick Care Bear lol) I have a red shift dress that I love, and I love having my toes painted red, but I just can't bring myself to wear red lipstick. I have always wanted to - and admire those who do - I just am out of my comfort zone in it.
    blue-red looks best on everyone, and always the best to start with :) also makes your teeth look whiter ;) I highly suggest you try some :) I can suggest a few colours names/brands when you're ready!
  • @Heffalump so sorry about your Grandma. I hope she is peaceful as the end draws near. That is an adorable picture of her and Wooz. What a special memory.
    Nothing exciting around here today. Getting a mani pedi today and seeing a play tonight with some girlfriends.
    blue-red looks best on everyone, and always the best to start with :) also makes your teeth look whiter ;) I highly suggest you try some :) I can suggest a few colours names/brands when you're ready!
    I never thought of blue-based red for lipstick! I always just assumed that since I look better in orange-based red clothing then if I ever wore red lipstick it should also be orange-based. I would love some suggestions! 
    I never thought of blue-based red for lipstick! I always just assumed that since I look better in orange-based red clothing then if I ever wore red lipstick it should also be orange-based. I would love some suggestions! 
    what's your price point? This way I can suggest some brands and the colour names :)
  • edited March 2017
    @Heffalump, I'm so sorry about your grandma. I love that picture of her and Wooz.

@missJeanLouise, sending lots of positive vibes for your pup!

Wearing a red tunic today!

Work is sooooo freeaaking slllooooowwww today! I'm at the point where I'm adding old paper files to our database. The upside is that I can peek at TK while I'm scanning massive piles of documents.

Tonight is probably going to be taking the dog to the park and doing laundry.

ETA: I noticed one of our male attorneys wearing a red shirt. I don't know if it was a coincidence or in solidarity. Either way, it's awesome.
  • This is an UO (especially from me), but I'm on the fence about the strike. I worry it excludes many types of workers, that it's potentially exclusionary, and that there hasn't been as much discussion of tangible goals. That said I'll have some red on when I leave the house, but I have lunch plans so I have to spend money. I didn't yesterday, so that counts, right? I love the way Swedish women went on strike last year and I have to wonder if that's a more effective, inclusive model. 

Other than that, doing some grading, meeting a friend whose is in Ohio for break for lunch, and then no plans!
    I definitely get what you're saying here. A lot of women aren't able to take a day off without losing a day's pay. I'm very privileged to be where I am right now.
  • Thanks everyone.  It's looking like we'll go the week before Easter.
    It's really just for us.  I think her birthday party was kind of her last big hurrah, and everyone knew it.  This will just be a low key visit. 
  • Damn .... total FWP but just had our taxes done and the refund isn't as high as I'd hoped :( We're still getting a refund but damn!