Wedding Party

Where can I find different colored shoes?

2»

Answers

• Except that everyone accused her of forcing the taller woman to wear heels? 

justsie said:
    @PamBeesly524  @justsie  in her defense, many tall women don't always want to wear super high heels. One of my best friends is 6ft and would prefer a shorter heel or flats, a couple other of my tall friends prefer that too
    True, which is why I asked if that was something she requested. Since OP didn't specify I assume the worst.
    I hope the taller woman asked for a smaller heel, and you didn't just decide that for her. 

The shoes are cute, but man, I just hate the idea of picking out shoes that will go on someone else's feet. At least do your friends a solid and buy them some gel insoles. 
    justsie said:
    Did the taller woman request a shorter heel? That is so weird.
    tragetee said:
    Hey guys! Gosh I am sure terrible about checking this. Just wanted to give you all an update! I took what some of you said into consideration and told the girls I would be purchasing their shoes for them and they were all okay with wearing heels. I found exactly what I wanted and here they are! (My shoes are in the background) I am still waiting on the orange pair because I ordered that bridesmaids shoe with a shorter heel since she is taller than everyone else. Thank you all so much for your input! 
    I didn't realize tall girls weren't allowed to wear heels.

Just own your snark.
  • I think we get so many shitty brides here, that people were a little quick to jump to conclusions with this one.  Most tall women I know don't really like wearing heels and usually opt for flats. Unfortunately, most of the time it's because they don't like "being taller than their date/SO" instead of a comfort thing. It's sad that our culture has made tall women feel like they can't be beautiful in heels. I wouldn't have automatically assumed OP demanded a shorter heel, especially because she listened to our advice and seemed generally amicable.  

OP, we'd to see your WP pictures of how everything looks.  Thanks for the update.  

• I actually think the shoes are really cute and that it'll be a fun look. It's good that OP bought them if she's specifying a shoe - that's what we always say right? Sounds like the tall BM wanted a shorter heel and she was accommodated - always the right thing to do to accommodate BM requests, right?

OP, I would take banana's advice on providing moleskin just in case. Also, I would let the BMs know that if they want to wear different/their own shoes after the ceremony and pictures are over, they can. Some might choose to keep those on. Some might want their own dancing shoes. 
    *********************************************************************************

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Except that everyone accused her of forcing the taller woman to wear heels? 

justsie said:
    @PamBeesly524  @justsie  in her defense, many tall women don't always want to wear super high heels. One of my best friends is 6ft and would prefer a shorter heel or flats, a couple other of my tall friends prefer that too
    True, which is why I asked if that was something she requested. Since OP didn't specify I assume the worst.
    I hope the taller woman asked for a smaller heel, and you didn't just decide that for her. 

The shoes are cute, but man, I just hate the idea of picking out shoes that will go on someone else's feet. At least do your friends a solid and buy them some gel insoles. 
    justsie said:
    Did the taller woman request a shorter heel? That is so weird.
    tragetee said:
    Hey guys! Gosh I am sure terrible about checking this. Just wanted to give you all an update! I took what some of you said into consideration and told the girls I would be purchasing their shoes for them and they were all okay with wearing heels. I found exactly what I wanted and here they are! (My shoes are in the background) I am still waiting on the orange pair because I ordered that bridesmaids shoe with a shorter heel since she is taller than everyone else. Thank you all so much for your input! 
    I didn't realize tall girls weren't allowed to wear heels.

Just own your snark.
    None of the PPs you quoted separated themselves from their snark.  
  • For what it's worth, I think the idea is cute, I just think it's risky to buy shoes for another person.

We'd love to see after photos, regardless of what we think about a shoes comfort.
    Yup.   This is why I suggested moleskin.   I think it's just good to be prepared.   
  • Yeah, I completely own my snark. It was a weird thing and I asked for clarification and completely admitted that until I heard otherwise I was going to assume the worse. Don't know why you felt the need to call me out.