Wedding Woes

TGI effing F

2»

Re: TGI effing F

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Black bean quesadilla with guacamole?  Yogurt, oatmeal. I should keep this list for 6ley post surgery too. 
  • @VarunaTT I have had a ton of dental work the last couple of weeks and I second the scrambled eggs-- I melted some cheese in there too, no chewing and I finally felt like I was eating real food. Also, yogurt, mac and cheese (after a few days), mashed potatoes, tomato soup, fruit smoothies. And feeling really cranky. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    VarunaTT said:
    *writing down list*  This is why I'm not a parent.  :D
    We have no idea what we're doing either.  ;) 
    I call b.s! Mothers totally know what they're doing ;)
  • @charlotte989875 I only have my sisters but I would agree - especially when the two of you are close.  Let her sleep on your chest!  It's amazing.

Funny but trueish story:  My sis heard this wives tale when she was TTC that in order to get pregnant, you need to take a newborn into a bedroom, smell them and think "you will be mine" and you'll get pregnant.  She jokingly did it with a friends baby, got pregnant a month later.  Her two friends did it with the Nugget and became pregnant soon after.  So don't smell her head in private unless you're ready!

@VarunaTT enjoy the well deserved weekend!

@atomicblonde you poor thing!  When is this weekend away?!
    That's funny!  There's a room in an old ghost haunt I went to "Waverly Hills" in Kentucky and legend has it, if you stand under the door frame of room #5 on the top floor, you'll become pregnant too.  I purposely did NOT stand under the door frame.

Sorry about the death in the family @mrsconn23. :(

So glad it's Friday.  Today was the last day of a coworker, who left already and it was sad.  His office is empty and my favorite coworker who sits close to me (and gets my humor) will be moving to his office and we won't have the chatty time as much.  It's sad.  The two people whom I do sit next to are rude, mean, and annoying (one just talks about how hard she works ALL THE FREAKING TIME).  I actually avoid talking to them. 

• I had thought of yogurt, but she's having so much trouble opening her mouth, I was afraid it'd be too thick (granted, I always use Greek yogurt, maybe regular would be better).  I think she's just got jaw pain from her mouth being open for surgery itself, then whatever happens when teeth are removed from impacting.  Same for the pasta dishes.  

I do have sweet potatoes for tonight.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I had thought of yogurt, but she's having so much trouble opening her mouth, I was afraid it'd be too thick (granted, I always use Greek yogurt, maybe regular would be better).  I think she's just got jaw pain from her mouth being open for surgery itself, then whatever happens when teeth are removed from impacting.  Same for the pasta dishes.  

You could also try getting some arnica gel from the drug store and putting on the areas of swelling (external) from her cheeks down her jaw. That would help with some of the swelling and inflammation too. Wisdom teeth suck. And with the yoghurt, I would probably avoid Greek because I think it's probably more acidic than the regular stuff. It might burn with the open wound. 

• I didn't even think of that, thanks @levioosa.  I haven't had to take care of anyone for awhile, i think.  :D  She actually isn't too swollen, but I'll see if I can find that gel.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I had thought of yogurt, but she's having so much trouble opening her mouth, I was afraid it'd be too thick (granted, I always use Greek yogurt, maybe regular would be better).  I think she's just got jaw pain from her mouth being open for surgery itself, then whatever happens when teeth are removed from impacting.  Same for the pasta dishes.  

The jaw pain was the worst part for me too. I have a small mouth so they had to hyperextend my jaw to be able to get in there. It hurt for months afterward. Hopefully that isn't the case for her! What about some broccoli cheese soup with the broccoli really soft and mashed up where she could essentially just drink it? I remember my mom making some of that for me after wisdom teeth and it hit the spot. 

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I only have a sec but I wanted to give a quick update - my e-ring is in!  Yes!  FI is heading over to the jeweler to pick it up.  Thank God!  New Boston is a psycho and bit me when I got her yesterday.  Then she tried to bite FI last night and me again this morning.  Hopefully she's just scared and she will start to trust us soon.  

• Ro041 said:
    I only have a sec but I wanted to give a quick update - my e-ring is in!  Yes!  FI is heading over to the jeweler to pick it up.  Thank God!  New Boston is a psycho and bit me when I got her yesterday.  Then she tried to bite FI last night and me again this morning.  Hopefully she's just scared and she will start to trust us soon.  
    Congrats and pics soon!  I want one of those suited up suckers this summer!
  • edited March 2017
    VarunaTT said:
    I have a weekend gloriously free of plans.

We might see some movies.

I will do some work on Pride.

I will stay in PJs and watch Netflix.  

There might be some laundry done, there might not be.

K is a hot mess, her wisdom teeth surgery recovery isn't really going very well.  She's still having to take hydro for pain control.  Mashed potatoes are getting old fast and it's just hard to find tasty soft foods.  She did a protein shake this morning that seemed alright.  I'm hoping, since it seems like we broke the pain cycle this morning, we can stay ahead of the pain and she can concentrate on healing.
    Does K like Greek or Middle Eastern foods? Baba ghanouj, hummus, and tzatziki got me through my last round of dental work.
  • edited March 2017
    Congratulations on four years, @levioosa!

Nothing exciting tonight. Just cooking dinner and hitting our meeting.

Tomorrow I have to go to the auto parts shop and get a new headlight, turn signal light, and mirror. Then I'm taking the car to get all these put in and get an oil change. While I'm waiting, I'll get my hair cut and maybe a pedicure. (My feet look I should be catching my lunch from above!) After that, I'm going to a progressive caucus meeting. 

Tomorrow night, FW and I are going to the science center to watch a double feature on the IMAX screen. 

Sunday I'm meeting my sponsor, going to a feminist huddle (a political thing), and maybe going to drum circle. I'll need to do laundry Sunday night.
  • Tonight there's a magic show at Chiquita's school at 6:30.  It's a seriously inconvenient time but she wants to go so we'll fire drill the pick up and dinner and I'll take her.   Maybe DH will put Chiquito to bed and I'll get wine when I get home.

Tomorrow we celebrate MIL's birthday at my parents' house and we have NO plans for Sunday.  I may take DD to the local rink just to keep her occupied while DS naps in an activity that isn't watching TV. 
  • Random, from a Thames river cruise I was looking at:

"The Cockney Sparrow was built in 1976 at Eel Pie Island."

Only in England would you have an Eel Pie Island.

(I was watching Secrets of Hampton Court on the elliptical at lunch and decided I'd like to see it in person when we're there.)
  • @VarunaTT  Odd suggestion, but maybe also look into grabbing some plastic cutlery if she's having issues. They can be manipulated to make it easier, also if she bites down accidentally it hurts less {I've done that a few times - after dental surgery and after freezing ... weird, pained feeling}
  • Ro041 said:
    This is completely off topic, but sometimes I just love when the Internet decides to troll a company for something you would never expect.  For a recent example from this past week, see Brad's wife:

http://www.boredpanda.com/brads-wife-fired-cracker-barrel/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=BPFacebook
    I KNOW! Fun fact: Brad lives in Corydon, the first state capital of Indiana.  :D 
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    edited March 2017
    Ugh I just received a wedding invitation for a Sunday wedding in Tahoe. Five months from now.

At least we made the A-list?

Edited because it's still March, so it's five months away.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Ro041 said:
    This is completely off topic, but sometimes I just love when the Internet decides to troll a company for something you would never expect.  For a recent example from this past week, see Brad's wife:

http://www.boredpanda.com/brads-wife-fired-cracker-barrel/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=BPFacebook
    #JusticeForBradsWife
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited March 2017
    I have the head cold from HELL, and my immune system is at its weakest point right now!  I reported it to my oncologist's office (They want to know everything!), and I was advised to go to my regular doctor.  Why?  I have a damned cold!  I KNOW THAT!  Sudefed, Tylenol and fruit juice.

Four weeks ago, I collapsed after a simple blood draw and passed out.  Diarrhea was the culprit then.  They hooked me up to a bag of saline to re-hydrate me, and I felt better after an hour.  My insurance was billed more than $600!  Shit.  I think I'll stay in bed for this stupid cold.

TCM is only running classic horror films.  I don't want to see Boris Karloff in The Mummy again.  (Whine.  Moan.)
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Hope you're feeling better soon, @CMGragain!
  • I'm sorry @CMGragain :( I hope you get to feeling better soon. 

@Ro041 that is hilarious!!!! 

• @mrsconn23 I'm so sorry to hear about your H's step grandfather. Hugs for you guys.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited March 2017
    Aw!  DH went out and cut some branches from our flowering plum tree and put them in a vase next to the bed.  I hope he doesn't catch this virus!  He whines louder than I do!

Nothing like a warm, purring cat snuggling on a crappy day.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @VarunaTT can K take ibuprofen? If so, you can take ibuprofen with acetaminophen containing products. Ibuprofen will work on different pain pathways and several peer reviewed studies have shown that plain acetaminophen taken with ibuprofen works better than taking one or the other. It might not work quite as well as an opioid like hydromorphone but a way to step down from them when ready.