Wedding Woes

things that are currently annoying me:

2»

Re: things that are currently annoying me:

• 1. The music on Dancing With The Stars. It is literally so horrible that I'm not sure if I can finish the season. 

2. Every person I work with. 

3. The wedding invitation that my mom and I received with a dress code specified. (It literally  says "attire: dressy. Jeans are not dressy ;)") omg I want to punch the girl. And I also might go in jeans o:)

Just make sure they're white jeans, so someone might mistake you for the bride/sarcasm.

My annoyance for the day is my work computer has "Low Disk Space".  I just noticed the little notice on Friday, but that might explain why my computer's performance has been sucking for a month or so.

I called the IT Helpdesk today and spent 25 minutes with them.  They cleared 1.5GB out of the 232GB my computer is using.  Clearing .006% of my disk space didn't seem like it would be enough, but the guy assured me it would be.

We got off the phone.  I restarted my computer.  Still have a "Low Disk Space" notice and my computer is running as slow and hacky as usual (sigh).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my annoyance is that I had to do an unnecessary rabies test on a raccoon this morning. Unpleasant waste of 20 minutes of my life.
  • Daycare rant: this morning I specifically asked if he needed more wipes and was told no he is good. An hour ago I get a message saying he needs wipes. Smh 
  • "I'm just going to be clear; there is some shit between Varuna and I and I will help pride if I can but I don't really wish to deal with Varuna more then necessary. For both our sakes. Fair enough?"

This is annoying the ever loving feck out of me.  Long story.
  • Long story, but taxes.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Long story, but taxes.
    Oh man, I'm sorry. I finally resolved my tax issue on Friday. Taxes are so frustrating.  

• my annoyance is that I had to do an unnecessary rabies test on a raccoon this morning. Unpleasant waste of 20 minutes of my life.
    Dare I ask what you do that involves rabies testing raccoons?
  • 6fsn said:
    My MIL: If she asks one more time about my "little job" or what I'm going to do with all my "free time" next year I WILL punch her. 

She's coming tomorrow night. DH actually thought he was going to get to take 6let to lacrosse and leave me here with her. HAHAHAHAHAHA.  NO. 
    Grrr. Your MIL sounds like a piece of work. Boot to the head for her.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I work for the health department. I rabies test everything  :s

Sounds interesting but potentially gross at times.
  • 1. The music on Dancing With The Stars. It is literally so horrible that I'm not sure if I can finish the season. 

3. The wedding invitation that my mom and I received with a dress code specified. (It literally  says "attire: dressy. Jeans are not dressy ;)") omg I want to punch the girl. And I also might go in jeans o:)

Just make sure they're white jeans, so someone might mistake you for the bride/sarcasm.

My annoyance for the day is my work computer has "Low Disk Space".  I just noticed the little notice on Friday, but that might explain why my computer's performance has been sucking for a month or so.

I called the IT Helpdesk today and spent 25 minutes with them.  They cleared 1.5GB out of the 232GB my computer is using.  Clearing .006% of my disk space didn't seem like it would be enough, but the guy assured me it would be.

We got off the phone.  I restarted my computer.  Still have a "Low Disk Space" notice and my computer is running as slow and hacky as usual (sigh).

Have you tried running a disk cleanup? 
  • So I'm required by the company to add a 45 minute lunch break to my day, which I am not allowed to work through and also not allowed to account for at either end of my day (meaning I have to be on the clock for, say, 8 hours 45 minutes 5 days a week, and can't work 8 straight hours and leave 45 minutes early or come in 45 minutes late, which is both absurd and totally logical).  However, since I started my new job I have been able to take EXACTLY three actual lunch breaks, none of them longer than a half hour.  But I'm still only allowed to work 40 hours a week, and each day still has to have a 45 minute unpaid break period.

So I'm basically working almost 4 extra hours a week for free because I don't have much choice. I either get shit done, or miss deadlines because I'm forced to not work whilst eating.

This math is killing me. 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Uhg @atomicblonde I hope someday your job gets better.

my current complaints is, DH is "making" me watch Ancient Aliens. 
  • @missJeanLouise, new boss starts mid-July.   Hopefully then things will improve.  The workload will always be heavy, which isn't necessarily bad, but the planning and organization and communication will hopefully improve.

FWIW, current boss isn't an awful person.  He's just always going a million miles an hour and ineffective at communicating and a bad mentor.

--Philip Pullman

• My migraine is returning.

Fml
  • This mother-effing banner ad from Davids Bridal!!!

@atomicblonde man, I really hope you get some breathing room at work soon!  
    ALL the banners on this page, every day.  I get the advertising and support all that.  But not the expanded banner 'click on me by accident' thing that happens.

Sounds interesting but potentially gross at times.
    Not that interesting, really quite gross. I get to meet a lot of dogs and cats though. 
  • edited March 2017
    @CharmedPam There's a local dentist office that has a pop up ad that randomly appears when I read news article through facebook (eta) on my phone.  Each time I can't get out of it without going back to my newsfeed and starting over.  I'm thisclose to calling the office and telling them that their goal in advertising is to gain customers and that I will never use or refer their services because their web presence is so intrusive.
  • H apparently left his phone on the bed of his pickup Sunday while he was unloading groceries. A neighbor stole it. We tracked it to their house down the street with the help of the police. They did something to it to where the screen is dead. There are pictures and videos he wants from it but since the screen is dead, you can't access them. It's $320 to fix it. So I'm annoyed that:
    1) H left his phone outside
    2) the neighbor stole the phone and pretended not to know where it came from
    3) that it's so expensive to fix it
    4) that my computer won't recognize it so I can pull the pics.
  • I HATE those, @kimmiinthemitten.  So annoying!

@drillsergeantcat, that sucks. Sorry it happened.  I would be LIVID.

Have you tried running a disk cleanup? 

That was the first thing the IT person (over the phone) did and then we uninstalled some programs I don't use.

Of course, I can't do a disk cleanup.  Or uninstall programs.  All of that involves administrative access.  But I don't know where that 232GB being used is coming from.  Little of that is in the programs installed or my e-mail.

I haven't followed through yet, but I'll just need to contact them again (sigh).

Wedding Countdown Ticker