Wedding Etiquette Forum

Honeyfund Question

2»

Re: Honeyfund Question

• Wow I am sorry I didn't how angry people were going to get about this. This was my first time on this forum. I thought I was allowed to respond with my opinion. Again, there is another option on Honeyfund. You can "pay" for something but then choose the option of bringing the money to the wedding. You don't have to opt for using a credit card online. And the couple can change the payment options and not accept credit cards at all.

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Regardless of how you try to validate them, honeyfunds are pointless and unnecessary (in addition to being rude). HF do not achieve anything not having any registry would do.

1) Everyone knows everyone else likes cash. Everyone knows cash is a great gift. You don't need a HF to get cash gifts.
    2) Once you received said cash gifts, you are free to use that money (the whole pot!) as you like- which can include your honeymoon.
    3) If someone wants to buy you an excursion for your honeymoon- they will ask you details about your honeymoon and plan that for you, or, write a little note with the cash/cheque that says something like, "I hope you use this towards your honeymoon!/towards a fancy dinner!/ towards something awesome!".

You don't need a HF for anything.

We gave a cash gift to my best friend and her husband when they got married. They went to Florida on their honeymoon. In her thank you card she wrote about how they used our cash gift to go to Harry Potter World at Disney and had a butter beer for us. Awesome- if I were to purchase them an excursion, that is exactly what I would have done.
  • SP29 said:
    Regardless of how you try to validate them, honeyfunds are pointless and unnecessary (in addition to being rude). HF do not achieve anything not having any registry would do.

1) Everyone knows everyone else likes cash. Everyone knows cash is a great gift. You don't need a HF to get cash gifts.
    2) Once you received said cash gifts, you are free to use that money (the whole pot!) as you like- which can include your honeymoon.
    3) If someone wants to buy you an excursion for your honeymoon- they will ask you details about your honeymoon and plan that for you, or, write a little note with the cash/cheque that says something like, "I hope you use this towards your honeymoon!/towards a fancy dinner!/ towards something awesome!".

We gave a cash gift to my best friend and her husband when they got married. They went to Florida on their honeymoon. In her thank you card she wrote about how they used our cash gift to go to Harry Potter World at Disney and had a butter beer for us. Awesome- if I were to purchase them an excursion, that is exactly what I would have done.

I did the same thing.  My H and I had a registry (not a honeyfund), but 90% of our guests gave us cash.  Since we went on a honeymoon, in my ty notes for the cash gifts, I mentioned what we used the money for on our trip, ie "romantic seafood dinner in 'X city' at Y restaurant along the water".

Guests still gifted us "experiences", so to speak, but without a pesky website taking a % of our gift.  You know, just like people have been doing for EONS before the Internet existed.  We use the Internet so much it's shocking to realize/remember that it's only been in people's for homes for the last 20ish years.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ro041 said:
    SP29 said:

Harry Potter is at Universal Studios.  Sorry.  I had to.  
    You are correct. I tend to lump all those amusement parks together, but you are right, they are different.