Wedding Etiquette Forum

Rude if guests get different apps?

13»

Re: Rude if guests get different apps?

• Spoke to the caterer and we are dropping the fruit. We will now do vegatarian spring rolls, sweet potato scones topped with salmon and cream cheese and mini jerk chicken patties. The mini popcorn, nuts etc I will prepare will be served in the evening.

I've also booked the school hall and convinced FI that a blank canvas is the best way to have an intercultural wedding!

That sounds absolutely delicious!

• Spoke to the caterer and we are dropping the fruit. We will now do vegatarian spring rolls, sweet potato scones topped with salmon and cream cheese and mini jerk chicken patties. The mini popcorn, nuts etc I will prepare will be served in the evening.

I've also booked the school hall and convinced FI that a blank canvas is the best way to have an intercultural wedding!

Yum! I think this all sounds great. Hope you have a fabulous day!

One other thing, do you think 10.30pm is too early to end a wedding?

One other thing, do you think 10.30pm is too early to end a wedding?

Not at all, I think that's fine. What time is everything starting? 
  • 10 was when mine ended.

I think the end time has more to do with the start than anything.  

We had long reception (6 hours).   If the event started at 7 then ending at 10 would seem squished.   
  • For British weddings, I do think it is a tad early, but not insanely early to the point where I would notice it.

If you are concerned and want to stay out, why not find a local with a late license and just spread the word that you're headed there for an informal, no-host after party?
  • edited May 2017
    The wedding ceremony is 2pm. Drinks reception at 3. Food from 4-6. Speeches and first dance 6-6.30. Evening party starts at 6.30 ending at 10.30pm.
  • edited May 2017

For British weddings, I do think it is a tad early, but not insanely early to the point where I would notice it.

If you are concerned and want to stay out, why not find a local with a late license and just spread the word that you're headed there for an informal, no-host after party?

I was thinking of doing something like this. Hiring a party bus to take us somewhere or something like that. Or maybe a taxi which is a bit cheaper!
  • edited May 2017

scribe95 said:k

That is a long day. Is it really going to take two hours to eat? 

For a British wedding thats actually a bit short. Most weddings in the UK start between 12 and 2 and finish at 12. I'm not sure about the food. It is a buffet serving 150 people plus dessert. How long would u suggest leaving for the meal? Speeches and first dance won't take 30 mins but I scheduled extra time if anything earlier overuns.

• For British weddings, I do think it is a tad early, but not insanely early to the point where I would notice it.

I was going to say this too. It's short for a wedding up here as well. Most weddings I've been to start at 3pm with the ceremony and end between 1 and 2am. 
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Food sounds delish!

I think 2 hours for dinner is fine. Gives people time to wait in line at the buffet, take their time to eat socially and then go back for seconds. Particularly if you are also including dessert in this time frame, I think it will work well.

I think 10:30 is fine to end the reception.

Our wedding (in Canada) went from 3:30pm until 1am.

• Ro041 said:

By way of comparison, we are having 3 different apps passed during cocktail hour.  Soft pretzels, toasted ravioli (a specialty in my part of the country) and meatballs.  We are expecting 90-100 people and are ordering 10 dozen of each with the option to order more if we run out.  Our total bill for that is $500.  

Where do you live that these are regional specialities??  I need to come eat visit

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @ahoywedding - Toasted ravioli actually doesn't have cheese.  They are deep fried, ravioli shaped, and contain some kind of meet (usually a beef of some kind), and are served with marinara.  

@WinstonsGirl - They were created in St. Louis but can be found in other nearby cities too.
    Image result for toasted ravioli

• scribe95 said:

That is a long day. Is it really going to take two hours to eat? 

Not really.  Wedding receptions in my circles are typically 5-7 hours long.

I think my ceremony was at 3pm and the reception was over at 11pm.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Ro041 said:

@ahoywedding - Toasted ravioli actually doesn't have cheese.  They are deep fried, ravioli shaped, and contain some kind of meet (usually a beef of some kind), and are served with marinara.  

@WinstonsGirl - They were created in St. Louis but can be found in other nearby cities too.
    Image result for toasted ravioli

I've already eaten a granola bar and an oatmeal square and am still hungry. This looks delicious, but just about anything deep fried is.
  • I now have a reason to visit St. Louis.  ;)