Wedding Woes

Friday! Whoot!

2»

Re: Friday! Whoot!

• kvruns - I had the same thing happen at my shower, where I got very similar things to what I registered for.  It seems as if what I registered for was only available online.  For example, the boppy and covers I registered for were not available in store.  So while I got my boppy, it had different covers.  NBD.

The one thing I did forget to mention was the AMOUNT of diapers on this registry.  Not only did MTB register for pampers and huggies, but in each size of NB-4, every package size available, and 5 of each (size/packet).  So if she actually got all of the NB diapers she registered for, she would have about 850.  I don't think any baby would go through that many diapers in the same size!

• @sparklepants41  that bird gif makes me giggle
  • In case anyone is bored, these comics are cute/funny :)

http://www.boredpanda.com/couple-comics-catanacomics/
  • Aww, that was adorable, @MissKittyDanger!
  • @MissKittyDanger It might be my new favorite!!!

• @MissKittyDanger It might be my new favorite!!!

you may also like 'sarah scribbles'
  • Meeting was me getting reprimaded by the GM for being negative and crossing the line between professional and person with members. 

You see last week when dh got the harley i told a few members who we were friendly with.  Apparenlty a member complained.  

Another member was insisting i call him by his first name.  I responderd new manger would prefer we use last names. Note - i know this member from my other job..  Another member apparenly overheard the discussion and complained.   Apparenlty me saying that is negatice towards the new management.  I wass simply telling why i can no longer call them my their first bames as requested.  (For the recored  i dont believe a member complained.  The manager overheard the conversation)

My hours were changed and reduced to keep me away from big events per the GM.    

This all took place in front of HR, my boss, my husband and the board memeber from f&b.  

Nothing i complained about to the GM was addressed.  AT ALL. my minor infractions were the sole issue.

So learned a few things.  GM doesn't really have an open door policy.  Because if you bring up sketchy stuff you are being negative.  

Instead of just telling me i crossed  a line on a minor thing, they thought it would be better to change ny hours without giving me a reason.  

Oh and its appropriate to do this in front of one's spouse so he gets the really story. Not the one i was apparebtly going to make up. 

The board memner who was in the meeting's wife reached out to me.  She is so upset.  Which is funny, because she texts me all the time, as that line was crossed long ago.  

Im over it.  Looking for another job.  Had been talking about it for a while anyway.   I prefer some-what set schedules.  Too stressfull stalking the website on Thursdays wondering if im working, how much and where.    

Is it winter yet?  I love that job.  They love me too.  To bad it's not a year long gig.  

Btw - the gm and director ended the meeting telling me what an asset i am to the club.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @lyndausvi so you're unprofessional for telling a close member that you and H got a Harley and that you're no longer allowed to use first names, but it's 100% professional to have this meeting in front of your husband???? What kind of fuckery is this?? Good luck on the job hunt! 
  • Time to get out. Like yesterday, @lyndausvi so much of that was way, way unprofessional (them, not you), find something else. 

Any word on your DH's thing in FL? What did he say about all of that? 

Also, part of service is working with/communicating with/being friendly with members. I bartended for a long time, regulars knew things about my personal life, and sure in an office setting a customer know that much might be inappropriate, but seriously, you see people every day/week/weekend whatever you learn things about them. That sucks. 

• Time to get out. Like yesterday, @lyndausvi so much of that was way, way unprofessional (them, not you), find something else. 

Any word on your DH's thing in FL? What did he say about all of that? 

Also, part of service is working with/communicating with/being friendly with members. I bartended for a long time, regulars knew things about my personal life, and sure in an office setting a customer know that much might be inappropriate, but seriously, you see people every day/week/weekend whatever you learn things about them. That sucks. 

To build on this, regulars get off put if you DON'T share things from your personal life. You get known as the cold and awkward server/bartender. They get a huge kick out of knowing some details.  @lyndausvi that is some bullshit. 

• So if they had that meeting with HR does that essentially mean that HR is having their back?

This sounds like an really bizarre spot where they pulled your DH into a meeting to reprimand you and expect him to stay on and have THEIR back.

From everything you describe in your marriage and everything you describe in the club, it's the club that's in for a rude awakening and not your DH, right? 

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2017
    So fucked up.  

Basically what it comes down to is in the last 4 seasons we have had 3 GMs   The first one was amazing.  Worked at the club for 16 years.  Worked her way to the top.   It was a culture of members and staff being friendly to each other.  Family like.   Members ASK us how WE are doing.   You see each other at the restaurants (only a few in the town to begin with.  See them at the festivals, on the slopes.  It's a small town.  While there are haves and have nots millionaires and servers socialize together.  The GM moved on to another club in CA to be with her BF.

2nd GM was just a dick. Didn't last a year.

GM#3  will hit a year soon.  He comes from a culture that members are members and staff are staff.  The 2 don't mix. He doesn't like that staff takes members on overseas trip (i.e. the fishing guides, golf pro and us).  

He doesn't like that we have dinner with the members or have been to their houses on a social visit.   I've even been invited to birthday parties for a member on property.  They get mad when you decline.   In some cases the member's go to the same school as staff kids.  So there is a socialization going on there too.

I know where the line is.  I'm not shaking them down for money. I'm not pleading my case to get them on my side.  We just talk about personal stuff and experiences with each other.

Apparently,  he really doesn't like husband and wives working together either.   There were a lot of couples when I first started.  Now it's down to a few.  Although, I didn't realize this until today. 

So the philosophy of the GMs have changed.  Thus the culture.  The GM has done some great stuff, so has the new director. I guess it's better to divert the issues as what is wrong with me and not addressing the real issues at hand.

No word on FL.  DH did say he was going to talk to the head hunter and if anything pops up he might pursue something.  

I like it here.  I love my winter job.     It's not a huge deal for me to leave for a different summer gig.    I was getting stress out on the schedule  anyway.  Better to find a place with more fixed hours so I can plan all my hikes more than a few days in advance like I do now.

I one who can find a rainbow in a storm.  Might just take me a day or so 

Oh, he asked my DH into the meeting because he respects us.    Again, we are a great asset to the company.    Umm, okay. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Holy fucking shit, @lyndausvi! That is absolutely ridiculous. I'm so pissed on your behalf! I'm glad you're holding your head up high - you definitely don't need an employer who doesn't see your value. And bringing your H into a meeting about your position/performance?! That is so backwards and sexist. 

Have all the margaritas tonight. 
  • Ugh, I'm so sorry Lynda!  That is some bullshit.  I'm sure there will be many members who will be asking the GM where you are.  I know that you will find something because you always seem to be a hard worker in what you post, so I know it won't be hard for you to find something.

Also, don't you think they would want to keep your DH happy at work?  Especially when so many members love him and his cooking!

• lyndausvi said:

So fucked up.  

Basically what it comes down to is in the last 4 seasons we have had 3 GMs   The first one was amazing.  Worked at the club for 16 years.  Worked her way to the top.   It was a culture of members and staff being friendly to each other.  Family like.   Members ASK us how WE are doing.   You see each other at the restaurants (only a few in the town to begin with.  See them at the festivals, on the slopes.  It's a small town.  While there are haves and have nots millionaires and servers socialize together.  The GM moved on to another club in CA to be with her BF.

2nd GM was just a dick. Didn't last a year.

GM#3  will hit a year soon.  He comes from a culture that members are members and staff are staff.  The 2 don't mix. He doesn't like that staff takes members on overseas trip (i.e. the fishing guides, golf pro and us).  

He doesn't like that we have dinner with the members or have been to their houses on a social visit.   I've even been invited to birthday parties for a member on property.  They get mad when you decline.   In some cases the member's go to the same school as staff kids.  So there is a socialization going on there too.

I know where the line is.  I'm not shaking them down for money. I'm not pleading my case to get them on my side.  We just talk about personal stuff and experiences with each other.

Apparently,  he really doesn't like husband and wives working together either.   There were a lot of couples when I first started.  Now it's down to a few.  Although, I didn't realize this until today. 

So the philosophy of the GMs have changed.  Thus the culture.  The GM has done some great stuff, so has the new director. I guess it's better to divert the issues as what is wrong with me and not addressing the real issues at hand.

No word on FL.  DH did say he was going to talk to the head hunter and if anything pops up he might pursue something.  

I like it here.  I love my winter job.     It's not a huge deal for me to leave for a different summer gig.    I was getting stress out on the schedule  anyway.  Better to find a place with more fixed hours so I can plan all my hikes more than a few days in advance like I do now.

I one who can find a rainbow in a storm.  Might just take me a day or so 

Oh, he asked my DH into the meeting because he respects us.    Again, we are a great asset to the company.    Umm, okay. 

Is it possible he secretly wants your DH to quit?  
  • That is so much bullshit, @lyndausvi! What they did was beyond unprofessional. 

With your good reputation and your experience, you shouldn't have trouble finding something better, but I'm still sending positive vibes your way.

• banana468 said:

Possibly.    There is a chopping block out there.  And so far I've predicted everyone.    In order, mind you.     First to go was the older single mom.  Although she needed to go and was her own worse enemy.     Then there was another girl.     Next on the block is K (yet another woman).   She got her final warning yesterday for not clocking out.  Mind you, all of the CA guys don't clock in/out.  Nope they write their time on a time sheet that is on the director's desk and he manual inputs the information.     So in theory they can't be written up for not clocking out.            

After K I predict it will be the sommelier (first guy).     They are just waiting to get the wine rooms reorganized before they push him out.   Right now he is the only one who knows where things are, so they need him a little while longer.      Which is sad because he is good, but also the director isn't really a wine guy.  So I'm guessing he as a sommelier in his back pocket.

The board member who was in the meeting was blindsided also.   He thought we were going to be talking about R's lack of communication, as he has been getting a lot of complaints from employees.     Instead he walked into that shit show.   Basically the GM telling him that they [the members] need to stop blurring the lines themselves.

I told DH they should send out an email to the members that fraternizing is no longer acceptable.   That way employees like me are not put into situations where we have to make up excuses why we can't be friendlier with them like the past.  

About a hour after the meeting I had 2 members wanting me and another girl (no longer an employee) to join them on a hike today.   They are going to the same place as us and thought it would be great if we went together.    That was awkward.      I just said we were not going up until later and we might see them up there.

• @Lyndausvi Do the members have any say over this guy?  If they don't like what he's doing, can they just fire him?

• lyndausvi said:

banana468 said:

Possibly.    There is a chopping block out there.  And so far I've predicted everyone.    In order, mind you.     First to go was the older single mom.  Although she needed to go and was her own worse enemy.     Then there was another girl.     Next on the block is K (yet another woman).   She got her final warning yesterday for not clocking out.  Mind you, all of the CA guys don't clock in/out.  Nope they write their time on a time sheet that is on the director's desk and he manual inputs the information.     So in theory they can't be written up for not clocking out.            

After K I predict it will be the sommelier (first guy).     They are just waiting to get the wine rooms reorganized before they push him out.   Right now he is the only one who knows where things are, so they need him a little while longer.      Which is sad because he is good, but also the director isn't really a wine guy.  So I'm guessing he as a sommelier in his back pocket.

The board member who was in the meeting was blindsided also.   He thought we were going to be talking about R's lack of communication, as he has been getting a lot of complaints from employees.     Instead he walked into that shit show.   Basically the GM telling him that they [the members] need to stop blurring the lines themselves.

I told DH they should send out an email to the members that fraternizing is no longer acceptable.   That way employees like me are not put into situations where we have to make up excuses why we can't be friendlier with them like the past.  

About a hour after the meeting I had 2 members wanting me and another girl (no longer an employee) to join them on a hike today.   They are going to the same place as us and thought it would be great if we went together.    That was awkward.      I just said we were not going up until later and we might see them up there.

Is this the kind of place where the GM can be called out for not enforcing the rules evenly?   Can employees collect unemployment?   Because what you're describing to me sounds like an HR nightmare if he's quite clearly not enforcing the rules clearly across the board.  That doesn't mean that the employees who leave may want to leave but it can make the life rather difficult and expensive for the club and GM if someone opts to take legal action for his BS. 

It's not unusual for someone in the know to be hired as a manager and then bring in his own people but if that leads to dissatisfaction among those paying then would that be less than favorable for him?

Unfortunately for you you're in a lose/lose situation since even if you leave your DH is still there and it's not like you necessarily want to bad mouth a former employer that's your DH's current employer unless you both leave for greener pastures.   

But unless the club sees lower revenue, can I assume that this GM is in and nothing is going to change?  
  • Only a handful of people (including my DH) can collect unemployment.  The rest are seasonal.  Plus CO is at will.  They can fire you for wearing pink.  Outside of the standard protective classes of course.

The board can fire people.  But I don't see that happening.  They have gone through 3 GMs and 4 F&B directors in 4 years.   These guys are making positive changes. Keeping a host or a few servers are not really their top priority right now.   I'm just a peon who happens to be married to the chef.  Which might be why I still have a job there.

The new director said there will be carnage.  He was right.   Didn't realize I might be one of them.

On a positive note, the new schedule has me off with one of my hiking buddies.  Today we did a beautiful hike to some mountain lakes.   On Friday we are going to be doing our first 14er of the season. YAY.     See I can find some positive things in a shitty situation.