Wedding Etiquette Forum

How to address invitations for "ladies only" bridal shower?

124»

Re: How to address invitations for "ladies only" bridal shower?

• I'm somewhat light on HOW the guest of honor opens the gifts.   I only care that they're opened at the event and by the guest of honor.   If there's a full-scale opening part or she opens each gift as she greets each guest, I don't care.
  • edited July 2017
    If you want to throw a woman only event, then do it. 

If you want to ask what sex a newborn baby is, do that too. I am genuinely interested when I ask people and I fail to see how that is offensive, since SEX not gender is between your legs, and babies don't do that much when they born anyway. So not exactly a ton of things to ask about.

People can be whatever gender they want, but biological sex is pretty much set in stone. The existence of a small percentage of intersex people doesn't displace the fact that almost the whole world is made up of 2 sexes! 

Rant over! If people have the choice to not identify with a gender, then people can live a heteronormative existence if they want.

• It must be so hard to be heteronormative in this day and age. Thank god we have you to stand up against the persecution straight, cisgender people. 

Must be hard to maintain your faux angst. Never said cis people  were persecuted but you seem like the kind of person who doesn't listen.  Just that you acting as if doing something heteronormative is somehow wrong is ridiculous. My point is that everyone gets choices and that includes everyone, not just gender queer, gender fluid or whatever else people say about their identity.

If you want to act like kids are genderless, well whatever do that. Pretty sure if you asked me as a kid about my gender, I would have said girl. But not everyone thinks like you or shoukd have to. If I have a baby born with female genitals and a xx chromosome and someone asks me about the sex, I'm going to say 'she's a girl,' not 'I don't know.' 

• edited July 2017

It must be so hard to be heteronormative in this day and age. Thank god we have you to stand up against the persecution straight, cisgender people. 

Must be hard to maintain your faux angst. Never said cis people  were persecuted but you seem like the kind of person who doesn't listen.  Just that you acting as if doing something heteronormative is somehow wrong is ridiculous. My point is that everyone gets choices and that includes everyone, not just gender queer, gender fluid or whatever else people say about their identity.

If you want to act like kids are genderless, well whatever do that. Pretty sure if you asked me as a kid about my gender, I would have said girl. But not everyone thinks like you or shoukd have to. If I have a baby born with female genitals and a xx chromosome and someone asks me about the sex, I'm going to say 'she's a girl,' not 'I don't know.' 

Stop. Just stop. You're just randomly being transphobic. It has nothing to do with the discussion. Take your hateful rant somewhere else. 

I'm addressing earlier points made by LondonLisa. What exactly did I say that was transphobic?! People throw out words, you don't even understand what they mean. If people identify as trans, I'm not bothered.

What hateful thing did I say about transpeople? I specifically said SEX is between your legs, not gender. It's not hateful to recognise that people have different biological sexes. It's no different to identifying that different races exist. That's like saying I'm racist because I identify as a black women as opposed to just a woman.

• It must be so hard to be heteronormative in this day and age. Thank god we have you to stand up against the persecution straight, cisgender people. 

Stop. Just stop. You're just randomly being transphobic. It has nothing to do with the discussion. Take your hateful rant somewhere else. 

I'm addressing earlier points made by LondonLisa. What exactly did I say that was transphobic?! People throw out words, you don't even understand what they mean. If people identify as trans, I'm not bothered.

What hateful thing did I say about transpeople? I specifically said SEX is between your legs, not gender. It's not hateful to recognise that people have different biological sexes. It's no different to identifying that different races exist. That's like saying I'm racist because I identify as a black women as opposed to just a woman.

100% of what you said was hateful and transphobic. Stop. 
  • edited July 2017

@LondonLisa

And you seem to enjoy denigrating others. I've seem comments you have made that demonstrate classist notions and one ridiculous comment where you used the royal 'one' consistently as in 'one must not....'  I'm sure I can find comments where you were called out for your awful comments about the social standing of others. Which suggests you are someone who wishes they were rich, but aren't. You know what I am talking about. 

Posters like you are the reason TK is becoming a ghost town with barely any new posts. 

• edited July 2017

It must be so hard to be heteronormative in this day and age. Thank god we have you to stand up against the persecution straight, cisgender people. 

100% of what you said was hateful and transphobic. Stop. 

That really established your point.