Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photographer

Hi there I got married 3 weeks ago yesterday June 17th 2017 and we hired a photographer. I am still waiting for our pictures, she doesn't have to print any of them she just has to edit them and put them on a USB drive and then mail them to me, on her website it does say allow 4 to 6 weeks for wedding photos but I haven't received any communication from her no email saying she's working on them or she enjoyed working with us or anything it would be nice to hear something or see a sample of one photo. However on her Instagram she's done a couple other weddings since and she post a few pictures of them, that were out of state and now she's headed on vacation.
Is it normal for no communication from a photographer after a wedding? 

Re: Photographer

• This is a very busy time of year for wedding vendors. I do think it is a little odd that some other weddings' pictures have been posted but I wouldn't be too concerned. Maybe just send her an email saying you are looking forward too seeing the pictures. Like you said the website says 4-6 weeks and it has only been 3. I hope you have a written contract that specifically spells out what and by when you are suppose to have things.

• Hi there I got married 3 weeks ago yesterday June 17th 2017 and we hired a photographer. I am still waiting for our pictures, she doesn't have to print any of them she just has to edit them and put them on a USB drive and then mail them to me, on her website it does say allow 4 to 6 weeks for wedding photos but I haven't received any communication from her no email saying she's working on them or she enjoyed working with us or anything it would be nice to hear something or see a sample of one photo. However on her Instagram she's done a couple other weddings since and she post a few pictures of them, that were out of state and now she's headed on vacation.
    Is it normal for no communication from a photographer after a wedding? 

I think this is normal. And she told you 4-6 weeks. No need for her to reach out just to say hi. 
  • Photographers also don't post pictures from every wedding they shoot. Wait until at least the midpoint of her range and then, at most, just email to confirm everything's on track if you must. 
  • I wouldn't worry about it, until it's past the 6 weeks and you still don't have the pics. Could it be possible she posted the out of state pictures on Instagram to drum up business in those areas or to show that she's willing to travel for events? Our wedding photographer posts more pics from OOT events than she does for local events, at least on her Insta. Her FB postings are pretty equal.
  • You're in the very peak of wedding season and she is probably slammed. Her website says 4-6 weeks, but the buck stops at your contract. What does that say? If the same, don't contact her before the 6 week mark. 
    *********************************************************************************

• You're wanting a courtesy email, and she probably doesn't have time for it. It's not required and not a cause for concern. Worry when whatever delivery deadline is in your contract has passed.

Also, printing is the easy part. Editing is what takes time. You're acting as if she only has a small job to do, but the reason for the 4-6 week estimate (or contractual obligation) is the time it takes to edit.