Wedding Woes

Monday

Good Morning

How was everyone's weekend?

H and I are getting moved into our new acreage. Spent Saturday loading up a U-Haul, driving the 2 hours, and then unloading it. My BFF wanted to borrow a bunch of backpacking gear, so she came to give us a hand with moving (a bunch of the gear was already at the new place, and she wanted to come see it anyway)

Last night I got to experience the emergency room at our new town. I was scooting between some furniture in the garage and I guess there was a jagged splinter thing on the back side of our sideboard. The fabric of my skirt must have caught it somehow and then a toothpick sized piece of wood ended up lodged horizontally under the skin of my stomach. Awesome. It was way too big and deep to attempt retrieving it myself, so I went to the hospital (H stayed home because it was already late and he had to be up for work this morning at 4am)

The doctor who eventually saw me seemed very confused about what to do. He ended up freezing the whole area and then cutting it out. A couple of stitches later, and I was in and out of there in 2 hours, so that wasn't bad. 

When the freezing came out, oh boy. OH BOY. That sucked. Today it's pretty sore, but I have so many things to get done, I'm hoping I can manage if I just go slow and careful. 

So so that was our excitement. Hope everyone else had a good one!

Re: Monday

• Wow! What an introduction! @kwiksilver

I have been struggling the last couple days. DH uninvited me from a dinner he went to with a bunch of work people and it fucking pissed me off. A girlfriend and I went to an art opening instead but then stopped by a bar on the way home and stayed there talking till 2am. It has definitely been a while since I have done that and it was needed. I was still upset the next day though. I spent the whole day in a spiral of bad thoughts; thinking I made a huge mistake moving here, getting married, moving to atlanta, etc. DH had to work late and I was thankful because I wasn't ready to see him. I went to my lesson, came home, and DH was putting together the shelves we got for the storage room. Idk what it is my brain does when I see him but I can't be mad while he is around. I spent all day being upset but as soon as I walked though the door and saw him, it all went out the window. I don't know if it is a good thing though because then I resolve what I was mad about. *sigh*

on the bright side, our storage room looks FABULOUS, daaaarling.
  • @kwiksilver, ouch!  Feel better soon.

@missJeanLouise, why were you uninvited?

@mrsconn23, I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVE your hair.  That is a beautiful color.

I spent a lot of yesterday packing.  Wooz went to a friend's and DH took DS to the pool.  As much as I love them all, it's easier to get shit done when it's just me.
  • @mrsconn23 I LOVE your hair!!! Love love love!!

@charlotte989875 basically, one couple dropped out (my friend and her husband) so I would be the only non work person (and female) there. He didn't want me to feel neglected when the conversation eventually turned to work, like it always does (eye roll). I told him how rude he was being and I could have gone to the dinner if I was set on it but cocktails with friend was better. I have been here almost 7 months. It is fine, it doesn't feel that different than other places but others might disagree. I genuinely like it. 

PS your kitty looks like my all time favorite cat from my childhood. :)
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2017
    Thanks y'all!  We showed up to FIL's and he had ran to Lowe's with my niece for something.  SIL was venting because FIL was being a pill, as he is wont to do.  And at the end of her vent, she barely takes a breath and says, "OMG, your hair looks AMAZING!"  She took the shot of the back of my head.  

Next time, with the purple...I might go for more reds and blues interspersed.  ;)  It's really fun. 

• @mrsconn23 I LOVE your hair!!! Love love love!!

@charlotte989875 basically, one couple dropped out (my friend and her husband) so I would be the only non work person (and female) there. He didn't want me to feel neglected when the conversation eventually turned to work, like it always does (eye roll). I told him how rude he was being and I could have gone to the dinner if I was set on it but cocktails with friend was better. I have been here almost 7 months. It is fine, it doesn't feel that different than other places but others might disagree. I genuinely like it. 

PS your kitty looks like my all time favorite cat from my childhood. :)

Are you guys there indefinitely? Such a cool experience. 
  • @charlotte989875 Technically yes but there is such a high turn over rate in DH's industry that I would be surprised if we stayed for 5years. 
  • @kwiksilver  yikes! Rough weekend!

@missJeanLouise  urg! That just sounds rude! Does he know how pissed you were? High turn over rate or not, I'd be pissed too.

@mrsconn23  OMG LOVE!

@charlotte989875  it looks like your pets have banded together to make things as inconvenient as possible for you guys lmao!
    Kitty still looks like a soot sprite to me :)

Weekend was pretty busy.

Friday I had my Indian Head Massage. My hair is so soft because they do a hot oil treatment also :) It's also a bitch to get out .... 2 showers, and 3 diff shampoos to figure out what would get it out. {side note: clarifying shampoo worked best}
    The lady said she found a bunch of knots that are starting to soften but give it another month and see how they are and if I want to come back in.

Saturday - had to get up early to shower again. Ton of excess oils underneath to really scrub at.
    Then M and I headed to my mum's place. Hung out with her coworker's kids. For 4 and 5, they're really well behaved :) We planned on going to the splashpad, but the weather in the morning was sketch.
    Still got ice cream though!

It was funny, because the girl is blonde and the boy has dark hair, but both have the grey-blue eyes like me, so many people thought they were M and my kids lmao!  End of the day, when we dropped them off I mentioned how many people thought they were mine. Kid's mum was like "Yup, not even surprised. When I saw M, I knew this would be a thing."

Sunday - M went to range and broke his glasses, and his scope is basically fucked up internally. He was pissed :(
    We did our running around and then came home, and I cleaned up.

I had moved a bunch of stuff out of one room to mop. Angel has a habit of pooping there, so I figured if I really cleaned it then he might be deterred to do it. So now there's basically nothing in there except tv and a few shelves. Those will eventually be going into the basement.
  • @kwiksilver Ouch! Feel better soon.

@mrsconn23 I love that colour so much! I have a hair appointment this Saturday. Haven't been in over a year lol.. kinda nervous.

This weekend was good. Went to the cottage for FSIL's birthday. Spent lots of time on the beach :) Sunday we came come and I had the full intention of doing some more packing. Instead FI and I ordered a pizza, had a bottle of wine and watched TV  :| oops. My boss is back from vacation on Wednesday which means it's time for me to quit my job, and I'm actually so nervous. Hopefully it goes well!
  • @soontobemrs-2 sometimes afternoons like that are needed ;)
  • DK is in London this week, and we've had a mixed bag since he left on Saturday afternoon. Our bullmastiff was having diarrhea, so got to do some cleanup there. Her bed is in the trash, and a new one is on order. She's on the chicken and rice diet, and was ok overnight. Immediately after the dog poop cleanup, kicked a big dying roach with my bare foot - ugh. (It was one of those giant tree roaches that found it's way inside - bugs don't bother me with the exception of roaches. We have an exterminator come quarterly, so usually they're dead or dying if we find them inside, but still, yuck.)

We had flash flooding last night - so fun times. The pool is close to overflowing, but we don't seem to have any water damage. There's a safety drain on the pool, but we got close to a foot of rain in about 3-4 hours last night, so it was working overtime. I ran out to rescue the floats at one point last night, and had to fight to get my unicorn into the garage. 

Image result for unicorn float
    On the positive side, Wolverine and I are having fun. We saw Wonder Woman yesterday afternoon. She wasn't too keen on the idea at first because it's not animated, but she ended up loving the movie. 
  • I decided going into this weekend that I wasn't doing anything house related without H. So...nothing got done. I take that back; Mouse's room is done. I'm not going to complain too much, though, I needed to relax.

Thursday, I had my cat, Alvin, shaved. On the way home, I was loving on him and the trimmings were flying up into the air stream and, apparently, some blew into my eye. I'm pretty sure I scratched my cornea. My vision is still blurry in that eye and it's still red. I've been having to wear sunglasses indoors because it's also light sensitive.

Yesterday, my throat started hurting and today, I've got a swollen lymph node near my jaw. My throat doesn't really hurt, but that does.

My friend that's had the shitty year got a text from her now EX-husband telling her that he was hurt because he found her dating profile on Plenty of Fish. That pissed me right off! How dare he tell her that! The second he signed those papers, he lost the right to complain about her dating life.

@kwiksilver that sounds terrible! 
    @missJeanLouise I'd be upset, too.
    @mrsconn23 Love the hair! Wash on cold to keep it longer.
    @charlotte989875 your kitty looks like my Lucy.
  • @MissKittyDanger I agree :)

@DrillSergeantCat Ouch, have you gone to the eye doctor? Hope it feels better!

Sigh, TK keeps changing my name and I think I'm just going to give up changing it back every time it logs me out, so I'll henceforth be known as soontobemrs-2 lol
  • edited July 2017
    Omg! Completely forgot the greatest part about yesterday night :)

So we knew there was a hole beside our backdoor step. Never saw anything. Thought it was maybe a skunk den because the raccoon we had previously seen was in the window well, and wandered away.

WELL! Last night Penny is at the back door with ears pinned down, so we look. Raccoon! Cute! Pretty tiny so we guessed young.
    Wandering around the yard, so I sat and watched it wander around the yard. Shortly there after I see something in the corner of my eye.
    Baby 1 comes out from under the step!!

In the end it was a mama and 3 babies :) They're so tiny and they kept playing with the empty/clean ashtray in the yard lmao! Penny was not thrilled but they were so cute!

We're hoping they find a new home next year because we're pretty sure that's why some of our stones are uneven there, and we'll be redoing the yard next spring/summer.

We may put some kitty crunchy out tonight for them.
  • Happy Monday - @kwiksilver  - nothing like checking out the new ER when you just moved right?  Hope all is well.

@MissKittyDanger - well that is just rude. I would have been pissed also.  I somewhat get his reasoning, but it still should have been your choice, not his.    

@mrsconn23  - love the hair.

DH vent: My DH just doesn't make plans with me.  At least not this time of year. For example, I make him take one night off a week to have dinner with me.   He will not tell me which night it is until a few hours before. Grr.  I sort of get it. Business needs and all, but still.   He schedules everyone else a day off, but himself.   Even though he should get a day off, he doesn't.  I don't think it's unreasonable to  plan a little more than a few hours.

So last night when I left work (4pm) he said he "might" get off early.  I said, "early as in wait for me for dinner or early as in before I go to bed"  He said "don't eat without me".   Ok.   It wasn't until 6:30 before he called to say he was coming home.    He gets home, changes real quick and we go with my niece to a restaurant.  

THE ENTIRE TIME he was talking to the table next to us.  THE ENTIRE TIME.  Mind you we didn't know either party who was sitting next to us.   Oh yeah, you read that right, the table flipped while we were eating. So there were 2 different parties sitting there while we ate.    Now the first couple was finishing up, so it's not like they left because of us.    

I'm like, WTF?   I haven't seen you in days except passing at work.  Saturday was your birthday.  We finally get to have dinner together and you spend the entire time talking with strangers.    Awesome.

At least I got him home early, where we proceeded to watch stupid Will Farrell movies my niece had never watched.  Like Blades of Glory and Talladega Nights.  That part of the night was fun.

The rest of my weekend was just working.  I worked a 60th birthday party.   The wife bought about $15-20K worth of furniture just for the party.   It was used from 6:30-10:30.  :open_mouth:   She gave some of the sofas to the college staff for their dorm rooms.  Rest being donated.    She bought 60 something of these for our outdoor chairs:

I have no idea what she is doing with those.      The band was amazing.  Played great dance music.        

It never ceases to amaze me the kind of money people have around here.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

• @kwiksilver yikes! I hope it heals quickly! 

@mrsconn23 I. Love. Your. Hair!!!!!!

@lyndausvi I actually kind of like those faux fur chair covers - but that is an insane amount of money to drop for just a birthday party. Incidentally, does this couple want to adopt me?  :D

Oh I like them too.   I can't imagine trying to find homes for 60 of them though.  I'm fairly certain the would not be good enough for her home.

The birthday boy made a joke that Amazon was delivering everyday to their home and please take anything you want as they are NOT coming back to their house.    Mind you, besides the sofas there were long metal tables, square/game metal tables, tons of throws,  side tables, folding chairs, funky chairs, coffee tables, etc.  They had to rent a storage unit just for the stuff.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Just popping in for a bit.  Friday was crazy and I don't think I got to post.  I did lurk some.  I think after tomorrow, I should be slower at work, so I can be around to post more :)

Weekend was nice.  Saturday H & I went to the Phillies game and stayed in a suite.  It was very nice!  They didn't win though, so that was a bummer.

Sunday was church and then I went over to my sister's new townhouse and helped paint.  It is a really nice place and I know my sister/BIL and niece will all be happy there! 

DD tried apples for the first time last night and she was immediately like "I LOVE THIS!".  She gobbled it up!

Not sure what is up with tonight.  Hopefully just relaxing.  I didn't sleep too well last night.  Cousins from GA are up visiting.  Apparently they "don't mind" seeing my sister and I after they said some really nasty things to me about me, my sister and mom 4 years ago.  At the time, it really bothered me because all that I was accused of saying was nothing that would ever come out of my mouth, but it was stuff I heard directly from our aunt's mouth at a shower.  Somehow that became attributed to my family, when really it was pot stirring aunt.  AND I couldn't respond to the trash since I got blocked on fb right after I received my wonderful PM.  It really effected me mentally and took a while for me to get over everything.  And now everything is back since my brother invited them and us for dinner.  My sister and I both declined.  I would only go if I was going to be given an apology first.  Life is too short to keep a-hole relatives in your life.  I don't speak to that aunt either.  But its making me think of everything all over again and when I get to thinking about something its hard for me to stop.

Kwik & DSC - I hope your injuries heal up quickly!

MKD - I would NOT be feeding raccoon's anything!  They will never leave if they have a food source.

MJL - I hope you were able to talk to H about how you felt.

• @OliveOilsMom  I'm only debating on crunchy because of the babies :( I don't want them to starve lol {although I'm sure mama is finding them lots in the area!}
  • @DrillSergeantCat  oh jeez! You try to be nice to the cat and it backfires :( Healing vibes!
    Also agreed, he shouldn't be pissed. Unless they have a kid together he shouldn't be contacting her anymore - and maybe even then, only contact in regards to child.
  • @MissKittyDanger

Racoons are so cute, but be careful! Not sure where you live (I think Canada, right?), but we're actually having a huge issue in Ontario with Rabid wildlife (including racoons). I read on the news this morning the ministry of natural resources are air dropping rabies vaccine baits to try to stop the spread.
  • DH went to throw some trash away and saw three coons in the garbage bin (community one, it's an apt).  I will admit - they ARE cute. especially the small baby ones.

• Apollymi said:

@MissKittyDanger

Racoons are so cute, but be careful! Not sure where you live (I think Canada, right?), but we're actually having a huge issue in Ontario with Rabid wildlife (including racoons). I read on the news this morning the ministry of natural resources are air dropping rabies vaccine baits to try to stop the spread.

I don't think they came up to where I am {Ottawa} but we have kept an eye on the ones in our area {joy of Suburbs lol} but these ones weren't rabid and actually seemed quite docile. Wouldn't chance going near because mama with babies vs anything else, that's just risk.
  • @OliveOilsMom Good for you for declining - I too would not go without receiving an apology. 
  • I am so groggy after this weekend!  Friday night I worked a rehearsal dinner, on the rooftop, in July.  The hosts from Texas apparently didn't realize it got hot in Michigan.  Did I mention it's July?

Saturday we went out for a friends birthday and that was fun and then yesterday I volun-worked a friends graduation party for her son.  Best part of that is one of his teachers was one of my best friends from HS and I haven't seen him in like 15 years.  I think we hugged for like 2 full minutes.  He's one of those people who I could never see again, but will always have deep affection and love for him.  He helped me through some dark times.

Tonight, we're taking H's great aunt and uncle out to dinner.  Uncle has early stages of dementia and aunt is struggling with it so we promised while in AZ that we would spend more time with them.

@mrsconn23 LOVE LOVE LOVE!
    @kwiksilver that sucks so bad, I hope you're feeling better soon!
    @charlotte989875 good luck to H
    @missJeanLouise I'm sorry, that would piss me off too.  That choice should have been yours to make after he disclosed the guest list.
    @MissKittyDanger All the nopes.  I don't like creatures.
    @lyndausvi wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to just rent all of that?
  • @kimmiinthemitten  they were small like kittens :)