Honeymoon Discussions
Options

January Honeymoon in CA?

Need some advice and suggestions! We are getting married in January and are thinking of taking our honeymoon in CA. We both have never been so we don't know what area(s) we should plan to visit. My fiancé tends to like more scenic/mountainous areas rather than being in the city, I like both. Thought about maybe a day at Disneyland as well but we may put that part off until 2018 with the new Star Wars developments as my fiance is a huge Star Wars nerd!  Whale watching is a bucket list item for both of us, so if we can incorporate that, I heard January would be good for it in CA? Also, we both don't really drink much, but I do like wine. We are both the adventurous type so we don't want to spend the whole vacation lounging around, but we would like a good balance of relaxation and adventure activities.  Please let me know if there's any other details I can provide that would give additional guidance!  Also if you have alternative suggestions to CA I would be open to hearing those as well. Thank you in advance!

Re: January Honeymoon in CA?

• Options
    I personally would head to San Fran, and then go to Napa/Sonoma. It's really beautiful out there. Even if you're not big drinkers, it's fun to check out the wineries. You can hike and take bike trips as well. 
  • Options
    I suggest spending some time around the central coast. Big Sur is a gorgeous way to spend a few days with great hiking, and Monterey is a really charming area and you can go whale watching. There's also pebble beach and carmel by the sea. Plus, there are lots of wineries in the area - but they're not quite as expensive as napa/sonoma. Though they are really gorgeous, they're on the expensive side, so if you only kind of like wine you might not be as into it. You could also spend a few days in SF first or after - it's only a 2-3 hour drive, which would be great, just depends on how much time you have and what your budget allows.
  • Options
    My husband and I went to Temecula a few years ago and LOVED IT!  It's not as popular and well - known as Napa / Sonoma, so it's not as touristy.  And there are a LOT of wineries in a small area.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards