Wedding Woes

Bueller?

2»

Re: Bueller?

• @atomicblonde welcome back.  We just got back from a safari in East Africa, so let me know if you want/need recommendations.  Flights were crazy, but it was so worth the cost.  But our safari tour company seemed to be better than many of the others, based on the vehicle we were in (4x4 safari truck versus what looked like mini vans)

@lyndausvi how can you drive a cart into a pond and not get fired??

I was wondering the same thing!  Her post made it sound like it isn't necessarily an unusual circumstance, lol.
    Ha.  So we have a river cabin. The driveway is tight.  On the left side is  a small pond.  There are no rails. Only brush and it drops off.   Its on a slight incline alsi. 

Every year a cart ends up in the water.  Mostly because people do not put on the break.  Other times they get too close when parking and it tips.  

Assuming you pass the drug/alcohol test its a 2 day  suspension for first time.  Fired for not passing test or 2nd offense. 

M was not tested or suspended.  Pissed off a lot of people.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • So, I'm now having a small panic attack for the stupidest reason.  I just did a quick search out of boredom and found out that my first house (the best duplex ever) is back on the market.  I loved that house.  I sold it when DH and I bought and moved into our current house.  I just want to buy it back and paint over the ugly green wall they put in and go take better care of it than the current owners have been.  

Curiousity question.  What made you sell it if you had liked it so much?  Was the side you were living on smaller than where you all currently live?  Perhaps remembering why you originally sold it will lessen the blow!

I bought my personal duplex from a bank.  It was a foreclosure.  But the previous owner has a lot of family in the neighborhood and I've met and had casual chit chat a number of times with him.  He's told me, if I ever want to sell it, to let him know first.  This is snarky and bitchy, I know.  But I quietly chuckle to myself because I suspect he has no idea the house's value is 9x what it was when he bought it 20 years ago.

A place my H and I used to rent came up for sale recently. Oh!  The torture!  I LOVED, LOVED that house!  Huge, Georgian, built in 1850.  It was like living in an antebellum house I would normally see on a tour.  Apparently our former landlady jazzed it up even more since then.  The unit we lived in is even more stunning than it was before.  And so is the price tag of $2.3M, lol. 

Juuussssttt a bit outside my price range.  I joked with my H if he thought she would give us a 90% discount because we'd been such great, long term tenants and she loved us, lol.  It's an enviable address and actually has 7 units (3 in the main house, 4 in an adjacent building), so I'm sure the rent it generates is spectacular.  But that would be a Jumbo loan and I couldn't come within spitting distance of even a 20% down payment, much less the 30-50% DP that Jumbos require.  But I can dream.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ordered tickets for Wicked in Chicago last night. So excited! I've never seen it but DD has seen it a few times. Unfortunately she and SIL won't be in town we see it. Their loss!

I'm waiting for a call back from Moen. I have a Moenstone sink and it has rust stains on it that keep coming back after I get rid of them. Someone from a granite installation place suggested it might need to be resurfaced but doesn't do that themselves. He also said it would be difficult to replace the sink because of size differences and having to recut the granite. UGH! I wish I had bought stainless steel to begin with!

Been busy with appointments today - hair, stretch therapy and allergist. Tomorrow is busy too. We are gearing up for our trip in two weeks!
  • Ordered tickets for Wicked in Chicago last night. So excited! I've never seen it but DD has seen it a few times. Unfortunately she and SIL won't be in town we see it. Their loss!

I'm waiting for a call back from Moen. I have a Moenstone sink and it has rust stains on it that keep coming back after I get rid of them. Someone from a granite installation place suggested it might need to be resurfaced but doesn't do that themselves. He also said it would be difficult to replace the sink because of size differences and having to recut the granite. UGH! I wish I had bought stainless steel to begin with!

Been busy with appointments today - hair, stretch therapy and allergist. Tomorrow is busy too. We are gearing up for our trip in two weeks!
    I just saw that it was coming back to Chicago, @ILoveBeachMusic.  H has been wanting to see it.  It's good.  I saw it twice. I don't know if it's "must see three times" good....but if i get a good discount code for it, who knows what may happen?

I just saw that it was coming back to Chicago, @ILoveBeachMusic.  H has been wanting to see it.  It's good.  I saw it twice. I don't know if it's "must see three times" good....but if i get a good discount code for it, who knows what may happen?

I leave for Chicago in two weeks!  Now you all are tempting to me to go look up ticket prices.  But I'm still picking my mouth up off the floor from looking up Hamilton tickets, lol.  Nosebleeds for $280+/ticket.

I think all event tickets (concerts, theatre, sports) shouldn't ever be more than $50/ticket, unless they are really good seats.  As you can see, my sense of value is at major odds with reality.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So, I'm now having a small panic attack for the stupidest reason.  I just did a quick search out of boredom and found out that my first house (the best duplex ever) is back on the market.  I loved that house.  I sold it when DH and I bought and moved into our current house.  I just want to buy it back and paint over the ugly green wall they put in and go take better care of it than the current owners have been.  

Curiousity question.  What made you sell it if you had liked it so much?  Was the side you were living on smaller than where you all currently live?  Perhaps remembering why you originally sold it will lessen the blow!

I bought my personal duplex from a bank.  It was a foreclosure.  But the previous owner has a lot of family in the neighborhood and I've met and had casual chit chat a number of times with him.  He's told me, if I ever want to sell it, to let him know first.  This is snarky and bitchy, I know.  But I quietly chuckle to myself because I suspect he has no idea the house's value is 9x what it was when he bought it 20 years ago.

A place my H and I used to rent came up for sale recently. Oh!  The torture!  I LOVED, LOVED that house!  Huge, Georgian, built in 1850.  It was like living in an antebellum house I would normally see on a tour.  Apparently our former landlady jazzed it up even more since then.  The unit we lived in is even more stunning than it was before.  And so is the price tag of $2.3M, lol. 

Juuussssttt a bit outside my price range.  I joked with my H if he thought she would give us a 90% discount because we'd been such great, long term tenants and she loved us, lol.  It's an enviable address and actually has 7 units (3 in the main house, 4 in an adjacent building), so I'm sure the rent it generates is spectacular.  But that would be a Jumbo loan and I couldn't come within spitting distance of even a 20% down payment, much less the 30-50% DP that Jumbos require.  But I can dream.

I sold it cos I met DH and we bought a house together. We talked about moving into either my place or his, but decided we wanted something new to us. If I had never met him (or anyone else), I'd probably still be there. It was my first place, and I think it was a pretty kick ass place, so I miss it from time to time.

I also finished the basement, landscaped the whole thing and extended the deck, so there was a lot of my own sweat equity in there too

• I've been on the road so just checking in before the next business trip.  Gosh I love this!  

On a bummer note, I ordered a knee-length formal dress for a professional conference banquet (Nicknamed the "Penguin Party" - White tie optional) and gambled on the size down because I've changed sizes so much recently (finally dropping some weight because we got the Thyroid happy) and wanted something professional yet smoking hot on me for my own look in the mirror to feel good (lots of excess skin issues)...  The dress came today, I wiggled into the strapless (Who is the schmuck that designed long-line bras with the hooks in the back which is physically IMPOSSIBLE to pull off solo - time was they had ones with the closure in the front)...  Put the dress on and after about 10 minutes of wearing it, the dress looked wonky because it's about a half-size too small.  <POUT!>  Granted, I've got a black dress backup but still - it's not the ego booster I'd hoped to wear.  
  • I leave for Chicago in two weeks!  Now you all are tempting to me to go look up ticket prices.  But I'm still picking my mouth up off the floor from looking up Hamilton tickets, lol.  Nosebleeds for $280+/ticket.

I think all event tickets (concerts, theatre, sports) shouldn't ever be more than $50/ticket, unless they are really good seats.  As you can see, my sense of value is at major odds with reality.

Hamilton tickets are NOT the norm. I would seriously recommend Aladdin though.  Check for coupon codes at ticketmaster, they usually have something going on.  We saw it for $60 each and it was amazing.  No kids either! lol

• I leave for Chicago in two weeks!  Now you all are tempting to me to go look up ticket prices.  But I'm still picking my mouth up off the floor from looking up Hamilton tickets, lol.  Nosebleeds for $280+/ticket.

Hamilton tickets are NOT the norm. I would seriously recommend Aladdin though.  Check for coupon codes at ticketmaster, they usually have something going on.  We saw it for $60 each and it was amazing.  No kids either! lol
    I totally agree with Pam! We saw Aladdin and loved it. My grown daughter, SIL and two of their friends went also and loved it. We are seeing American in Paris this Saturday.

I totally agree with Pam! We saw Aladdin and loved it. My grown daughter, SIL and two of their friends went also and loved it. We are seeing American in Paris this Saturday.
    Let me know how that is!  H actually has next weekend off with nothing to do.... it's a possibility.