Wedding Woes

The real Thursday!

What's up?  Yesterday was my day off and I worked my ass off to clean the house.  DH wanted to host a party for the fight this weekend and I told him if he could get people who wanted to pay a cover, we could.  ;)  So yesterday was my only time to clean with no one home.  

So as I've said before, my job is primarily responding to e-mails sent to my company.  We also send out e-mails for other departments whom speak with clients on the phone and then they want follow-up OR they can't get a hold of someone and need us to send an e-mail asking them to call/send information.  

I got a mess of a request to contact a client the other day.  I should have clarified, but I didn't and said person who sent it has been around almost as long as I have.  So I pieced together an email and sent it out.  The person came back with a follow-up question.  I sent it back to the originator of the request.

He asks me to call him.  So I do and I explain that you're supposed to have complete and clear information for us to send (durr) and if the person comes back, I'm sending it back to you to handle.  HE tried to tell me that when HE sends requests and we pick it up, we should clarify with him first.  

Me: Image result for eyeroll gif

Other than that, SSDD

Re: The real Thursday!

• Feeling a bit better today; also NOT pregnant (I'm sorry for anyone who is trying and struggling I really don't mean to be offensive) because it would probably be the worst timing in the world. Yay. Also, that was the first time I've ever taken a pregnancy test and I may have accidentally peed on my hand. TMI?

Only one in my office today, have to head to the second office today to set some things up as classes start Monday. I'm just now starting to wonder if two full time jobs is a little crazy. 
  • When I was pregnant, I learned to pee in a cup and on things like a pro (which was crazy, since I was getting bigger by the day)...but now?   Pee all over my hands all the time.  
  • @mrsconn23  wow total eye roll on that dude!

Not much last night. I didn't nap, but I lay on the couch for almost an hour in half-asleep state and Angel curled up against me in little spoon spot and Penny on my feet. It's oddly soothing to relax to a cat's purr ...

Ended up going for ice cream, because my stomach hasn't been feeling very settled lately and dairy is the only thing to help. Soft serve is great ;)

Watched youtube vids. M has been into the youtuber "get a dictionary" Alonzo Lerone. When he reads things, it's almost better with his reaction lol

SSDD at work, only today I'm alone. I have a stack of papers to staple today.
  • @Mrsconn23, year real eyeroll to him.  Sounds like some coworkers of mine here. 
    @charlotte989875, glad your'e feeling better. 

Last night I went and saw "Detroit" by myself.  I like the dinner and a movie idea.  Anyway, it was very interesting since I knew nothing about that situation at the hotel and the riots.  Very profound movie.  I enjoyed it.

I have a presentation to do today at work for some clients.  To present stuff I do EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.  But since presentations aren't something I normally do, I'm kinda nervous about it.  Glad it's a blue moon type of thing.

• @charlotte989875  when you're hoping you're not, it's a good thing <3
    Test? Pee great aim.
    Cup for dr or hospital? I need a fucking towel afterwards lmfao
  • Congrats Charlotte.  I have the same feelings every month when I get my period.  

@MissKittyDanger Please just go pee on a stick!!  We all want to know.  If it's negative cos it's too early, we'll get you replacement tests.  ;)

More shopping today.  I've decided to go deskless in my classroom this year and have been smuggling stuff up for the last couple of days.  Not sure if my Principal has noticed yet.  Heading back to Ikea (4th time in 3 days) cos I noticed they have lap desks that I want and I can't find them anywhere else.  Also, there is a zebra print ottoman at a local garage sale that starts today (they posted on a buy and sell that there was a garage sale with some photos) and I want it, so I'll start driving by their house early to hopefully snag it if it's in good condition.   

• @WinstonsGirl  LMAO! <3 I'm likely testing tomorrow morning. I'm guessing it's too early, so I'm expecting a negative right now.
  • @OliveOilsMom omg what a cutie!! That grin :)
  • Thanks MKD!  She wasn't giving me a good smile this morning, but I, at least, got her little grin!
  • @oliveoilsmom - what a cutie! I love that I can see pictures again!!!

• Stay safe Guac and Jen!  And any other Texans.
  • I'm happy we trimmed the trees last weekend - hoping the neighbors' trees don't come down with any storms. 

I think this is the 2nd(?) hurricane that's hit since we moved to TX - we were on the dirty end of a storm ~7 years ago, right after we moved here. We're not in the 100 year flood zone, and in 7 years, I've only seen our street flood 2x, and it drains pretty quickly. (Within a couple of hours - never gets high enough to impact houses or cars parked in driveways.) When we got something like 18in in 24 hours (April 2016) our street looked like a river for a few hours, but all drained off quickly. The negative was that my route to/from work was flooded for a solid 6 weeks, and I had to drive ~ 5-8 miles or so out of the way to get to/from work.

Challenges with the rain for this weekend - DK has his first round of SCUBA classes (it's an indoor facility, so as long as flooding doesn't cancel classes, should be ok).  Also cyborg puppy had her knee surgery on Tuesday, so it's going to be really fun trying to get her to go outside when the yard is flooded. 

• edited August 2017
    @*barbie* stay safe!! and good vibes for cyborg puppy :)
  • Stay safe to everyone in Texas.  Fingers crossed you guys don't get hit hard

• Question for you ladies.  What would you offer for this ottoman?  It's being sold at a garage sale this afternoon and I would love it for my classroom.  It's about 3' in diameter, but there is a small tear on the top.  It's on the stitching, so I'm pretty sure I could sew it back up.  (You can kind of see it in the photo).  They're asking $150 and I really don't want to spend that. 

• Question for you ladies.  What would you offer for this ottoman?  It's being sold at a garage sale this afternoon and I would love it for my classroom.  It's about 3' in diameter, but there is a small tear on the top.  It's on the stitching, so I'm pretty sure I could sew it back up.  (You can kind of see it in the photo).  They're asking $150 and I really don't want to spend that. 

How large is it? Is it actual leather/cowhide? If large and yes, then no more than $50. If not, no more than $25. It's a garage sale. 

From the pic, it looks like it could use cleaning and the seam repair. 

• It's about 3' in diameter, and typical ottoman height (maybe 1.5' - 2'??)  Not sure if it's real cowhide, or fake, but looked like a cowhide material, so kinda fuzzy.  

Yes, it needs seam repair and maybe a touch of cleaning.  I thought $150 was a lot too.  Thanks

• Stay safe, Texas knotties!!

@WinstonsGirl what is it made out of and does it have stains/odors? If it's leather/hide and is stain and odor free, $60. If it's stained/has a smell I would pass. 
  • Stay safe, Texas knotties!!

@WinstonsGirl what is it made out of and does it have stains/odors? If it's leather/hide and is stain and odor free, $60. If it's stained/has a smell I would pass. 
    No odour, a little dirty, but I'm sure it'll come clean.  Thanks 

• @*Barbie*, were you here for Ike?  That one was a PITA.  The April 2016 floods were also crappy.  I've been stalking this blog all day - it's a good one.  
  • @holyguacamole79 we still lived in Philly during Ike - since my company had a lot of facilities in the TX/LA gulf coast area I felt the impact at work because we had to do a lot to support the people and companies impacted. 

I just checked, and I was wrong - no TX hurricanes.  2010 was Tropical Storm Hermine - landfall was in Mexico, but we ended up with a metric shitton of rain. It was within a week of us moving to TX, so I was off (relocation PTO) and DK was job hunting - so we got to watch from the comfort of our new living room. 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2017
    Today is a shit day and I'm ready for this shit month to be over.

Work has been super stressful.  Bennett the Beagle is starting to show his age.  He is suffering from some incontinence.  One of the fatty tumors is pushing on his small intestine, bladder, prostate area.  So he's on some prednisone to try and shrink it.  Time will tell, but Mom said it was already better this morning.  So yesterday sucked already.  

Then, around 8:30, 9:00 pm my FB feed it taken up with a story about someone in the Grove in StL (basically an old gayborhood in StL) drove into a peaceful vigil/march that was happening to honor a black transwoman killed by the police a few days ago.  No one was seriously injured or killed.  Between my contacts and my ED's contacts, we were able to find out that all of our partner organizations and members were okay within the hour.  Then this morning, we find out that it's a white gay cisgender male who was driving.  I'm just heartsick and exhausted and confused and angry.  I basically feel like doing this to the entire damn world:

We're headed out of town again for another Pride and show and then the world slows down a bit for fall.  I really, Really, REALLY need it to slow down.
  • FYI - decided to take ept tomorrow. {Clearblue as suggested by @sparklepants41 ;) }

Could still be negative, so I'm anticipating it being too early but who knows?
  • SCUBA class got cancelled. now scrambling to help DK find another class before our trip. 
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    Stay safe, Texan Knotties!

Im at work today. One of my coworkers is annoying me, but that's about it. Gym after work and then I get to go home and clean. I kind of want to pack to our trip already. I'm so ready for a vacation. 

EF: premature posting. 

• *Barbie* said:
    SCUBA class got cancelled. now scrambling to help DK find another class before our trip. 
    Boooo!! :(
  • Update on the cow ottoman I posted about.  Apparently, it's real leather and they paid $600 for it, so they're 'not willing to negotiate at all at this point.  Maybe I'll try again closer to the end of the garage sale.  $600???????  I can't imaging paying that much for something to put my feet up on

• Update on the cow ottoman I posted about.  Apparently, it's real leather and they paid $600 for it, so they're 'not willing to negotiate at all at this point.  Maybe I'll try again closer to the end of the garage sale.  $600???????  I can't imaging paying that much for something to put my feet up on
    $600?! I mean, it's a super cute ottoman, but good lord.