Wedding Woes

Tuesday!!

fFinally can log in through mobile again. I thought the boards were gone for good. How was everyone’s weekend?

I did some apple picking with the goddaughter while H went down to camp and I got a ton of work done. The weather was beautiful and we had such a fun time. 

What’s everyone been up to?

Re: Tuesday!!

• We picked apples on vacation.  Now I need to figure out something to do with them all before they go bad.  ;) I made a pie and it's delicious.  I just haven't looked up any more recipes yet.  
  • I had not been able to log in since Wednesday! Both on mobile and my desktop. Crazy!! 
  • YAY!  I thought I had been banned :smile:

@mrsconn23, you can make apple pie filling for the freezer.  Anytime you want pie, you thaw, place in a crust and bake - yum!  Or crockpot applesauce.

DH has been pissy for over a week.  Last night was the last straw and I exploded.  Now he's not speaking to me - oh well.  This too shall pass.
  • Hi!!!! I was Convinced the boards were kaput but I am happy they are not. :)

Our weekend was average. We didn’t do anything for our anniversary but whatever. DH ended up given a wad of cash for our paper anniversary and y’all..... I fucking lost it. Not my mind, the money. I stupidly put it in my pocket and forgot about it. It fell out while I was walking the dog and I am crushed! I had so many things I could have done, so many things checked off the list, and *poof* dreams dashed. 

Today has been a waste. I did make to yoga this morning but now there is a dressage competition on so I am stuck on the couch. DH and I are going to make dinner together tonight, he decided, so we will see how that goes.

Last night, my trainer put me on a horse that I was terrified of and it turned out pretty alright. :) 

our little foster kitty is settling in. She even snuggles in bed with me at night now. 

@mrsconn23 if you don’t think of anything else, make the filling to apple pie/crumble and freeze it.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    We picked apples on vacation.  Now I need to figure out something to do with them all before they go bad.  ;) I made a pie and it's delicious.  I just haven't looked up any more recipes yet.  
    What about applesauce? Super easy to make and freezes well. 
  • MrsConn, alsoandplus
    mixed greens, apples, crasins, and walnut salad
    apples, potato, and chicken breast one pan bake
    apple coleslaw
    1001 apple muffin/ pancake recipes out there
  • kaos16 said:

@charlotte989875 I thought that was a magazine photo, you look beautiful!

in addition to applesauce, maybe some baked apples, or boozy caramel apples @mrsconn23.  I saw a recipe for them on facebook and they looked super cool for a girls night.

Guys, big news. . . . DH got me a Roomba!  I sweep my house and least once a day, and vacuum a few times a week.  It takes a lot of time out of my day!  I am running it now, from work and I'm beyond excited.  It's the little things!!  Which reminds me, how often do the masses clean their floors?

Thank you, that's really nice. It's pretty much all instagram filter, but I'll take it. My sister and I joked that we looked like a Ralph Lauren ad. 

How's the Roomba?? We have one and we love it. 
  • kaos16 said:

in addition to applesauce, maybe some baked apples, or boozy caramel apples @mrsconn23.  I saw a recipe for them on facebook and they looked super cool for a girls night.

Guys, big news. . . . DH got me a Roomba!  I sweep my house at least once a day, and vacuum a few times a week.  It takes a lot of time out of my day!  I am running it now, from work and I'm beyond excited.  It's the little things!!  Which reminds me, how often do the masses clean their floors?

Uhhhh every two weeks?
  • @kaos16 I have to do the floors minimum weekly because hardwood + cats = tumble furballs.
    I'm envious of your roomba! lol
  • @mrsconn23 what about apple crisp or baked apples?
  • @MissKittyDanger - how exciting!  
    Can you share your scalloped potato recipe?
  • MNNEBride said:
    @MissKittyDanger - how exciting!  
    Can you share your scalloped potato recipe?
    Mine is super easy, but it's a little different than what I use to make.

- Peel & cut potatoes {thinner slices easiest}
    - Low boil until softened {10-15mins should be fine)
    - mix cream soup {I used mushroom} and milk in separate bowl

have extra cans, but mix soup + milk one can at a time
    layer soup and potatoes, with soup on bottom of dish

cook covered at 375* in half hour intervals. After one hour, check how soft potatoes are, then put them in for 10-15mins time frames.
    **if you want more crispy edges/top, take off cover for 10mins

• Weird question to those who've been pregnant - when is best time to do maternity photos? I was telling M I wanna have some done, but idk when it's ideal. I'm sure the one who does the photos {I have a couple people in mind} would know, but in off chance they don't? {if important, I'm due June 8th}
  • I had a great weekend.  Saturday, K and I went to a wine trail that was just a few hours away and really enjoyed the wineries.  TBH, I wasn't expecting anything great and was very pleasantly surprisedin both quality of wine and the vineyards themselves.  Sunday, we went to the unveiling of a new important permanent piece at our art museum.  Then we hung around to go through the exhibits.  All in all, a really great weekend, that was much needed to reconnect and re-energize.  

I've put in for my vacation.  I will have a full glorious 10 days away from work, November 16-26.  I am so looking forward to it.  I need this, badly.  
  • Ugh, yes.  Also happy the boards are back.  The first day or two, I thought it was just me.  But then when I saw almost nobody was posting, I realized it was widespread.

@kaos16, boozy caramel apples sound awesome!  I'll have to look up the recipe.  We have only hardwood floors and tile in our house.  We sweep about once every week or two.  But we have a cat and a dog, so it should be a few times a week, lol.  Also, our sweeping is pretty minimal.  We just sweep whatever dirt/fur/fuzz we see.  Life is too short for perfect, detailed housekeeping!

My new mattress and sheet set came in.  My H really likes the mattress.  I wish I could go back in time and get something else, lol.  I don't dislike it enough to send it back, but I'm not digging the memory foam.  Despite the fact that every memory foam mattress out there seems to put "cool" in the title description...they are not.  They are hotter than a typical coil/spring mattress.  I still occasionally have aches and pains with this mattress, just like I did with my 15+ year old, ragged one.

But the awesome part.  It's a CA King and I've only had Queens before.  It's so big and spacious.  My dog is no longer in my way, lol.

Speaking of sleeping, you can tell the temperature finally dropped.  Our dog always sleeps on the bed.  But, last night, she ducked under the covers.  Our cat only sleeps on our bed when it is cold outside.  She made her debut for this season last night, lol.

In fact, she initially tried to crawl under the covers also.  But the dog had beat her to it.  She did a quick step back and looked annoyed, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • :) Aren't you a cutie!!!!

I had my first overnight baby sitting gig with my niece. It was my sister's anniversary. Man, that was a lot of work, yo!!! She's 6 months.

I didn't sleep because I woke up every time she moved. Ha. Plus, she woke up at 3:30am and was UP. I used my cellphone light and all I saw was the top of her head and her smiling at me. She's so cute.

Moms, that's a lot of work, but I'm calling it my practice. I was tired like a big dog on Sunday.

• Weekend went well!   Chiquita had a birthday party Saturday day and then at night we hung out with FIL at the campground before they close it down for the season.   Sunday DH took Chiquita apple picking, I got some laundry done and made chicken in a whiskey sauce over egg noodles. 

• @*Barbie*, WOW!!!!  That trip sounds amazing!  It sounds like you all did a great job planning things out and got to see/do so much in your time there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kaos16 said:

Guys, big news. . . . DH got me a Roomba!  I sweep my house at least once a day, and vacuum a few times a week.  It takes a lot of time out of my day!  I am running it now, from work and I'm beyond excited.  It's the little things!!  Which reminds me, how often do the masses clean their floors?

I use a stick vac every day because we have dogs that track every.single.thing. into the house. Big vacuum every couple of weeks.
  • Woohoo Finally!
  • 6fsn said:
    The best news here is that dh's grandma is done with radiation!  

Is is it too early for holiday attire help?  I'm going to need it this year. 
    Never. Always great to be prepared :)
  • @*barbie* that sounds awesome, I want to go to Australia someday

@MissKittyDanger I did mine like 2 weeks before I was due. I think it all depends on a) what you want from them and b) how you are showing. Some people show early and have that cute bump, others, like me, just look chubby and don't have the basketball that sticks out so I feel like if I'd done it earlier I wouldn't have looked very pregnant. 
  • @kvruns Makes sense. I saw a few sites that suggested like 7 or 8 month so I was curious if that was general idea