Wedding Woes

Friday!!

2»

Re: Friday!!

• MNNEBride said:
    @CharmedPam, I'm in SE Minnesota - not Canada.  Nothing is accumulating, just wet.
    hmm if you said Northern MN I'd say "oh. yeah.  So Canada" but you're saved with the SE part.......

• Hey now .... we do not have snow near me forecasted lol
    Ok, but the only parts of North America that should be getting snow is Canada, any part of Canada. Your'e just lucky :)  You guys LOVE it.  You live for it.  Take it all!

My sister is in Winnipeg and sent us a picture of a snow covered ground on October 14th!
    Stereotype ;)

I do not like winter. I do not do well in winter. I spend majority of the time bitching lol a great winter is when it started in January and ended early March!

Yes I live in the capital and accessible to the canal, but that damn place is like a wind tunnel even on the nicest days :') 
  • Hey now .... we do not have snow near me forecasted lol
    Ok, but the only parts of North America that should be getting snow is Canada, any part of Canada. Your'e just lucky :)  You guys LOVE it.  You live for it.  Take it all!

My sister is in Winnipeg and sent us a picture of a snow covered ground on October 14th!
    Stereotype ;)

I do not like winter. I do not do well in winter. I spend majority of the time bitching lol a great winter is when it started in January and ended early March!

Yes I live in the capital and accessible to the canal, but that damn place is like a wind tunnel even on the nicest days :') 
    I must be a true Buffalonian at heart because I really don't mind the winter. I don't love it, but it's really not that bad. Fall is definitely my favorite, but I don't mind the snow. It's pretty.
  • Everyone assumes that because I live in Colorado, I get lots of snow.  Nope.  The Grand Valley is just east of Utah, and we are protected on three sides by huge cliffs and mesas.  While the top of these uplifts often are covered in snow, it seldom snows here in the valley.  Sort of like Shangri La.  Golfers love it here.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @CharmedPam Have a great trip! Have you been here before? Where will you be visiting???

This weekend H & I are going to try to go out to dinner for our anniversary - with the baby. Fingers crossed she sleeps the whole time!!!

Once when I was like, 15 or 16 and can't remember much but the cheers bar.  And then my friend and I walked the market place near the harbor 3 years ago but it was raining and put a damper on that day :(

Saturday we have reservations at Nico at 5 and a ghost tour at 7.  We're staying outside the city, so we're going to going to check in at noon and head downtown for lunch and all that.  Any recommendations for afternoon sees and eats? 
    The ICA in the Seaport is pretty cool - and if the weather cooperates, it’s a nice walk around the Seaport. There’s a local brewery called Trillium that has a beer garden on the Rose Kennedy Greenway which is a nice walk from the Seaport, and it’s a must if you like craft beer. 

Theres always Copley Square and the Boston Public Library and Newbury Street which you could also combine with the Public Garden especially if it’s nice out.

Or you could take a tour of Fenway and then go to Eastern Standard after for amazing cocktails. 

If the weather doesn’t cooperate you could hit up the MFA. 
  • Here’s a better pic

• MNNEBride said:
    @CharmedPam, I'm in SE Minnesota - not Canada.  Nothing is accumulating, just wet.
    hmm if you said Northern MN I'd say "oh. yeah.  So Canada" but you're saved with the SE part.......
    Yup - closer to you than to Canada :smile:
  • I’m in Canada and we have been in the mid teens Celsius this whole week. 

Im down with a cold/ borderline flu. Was supposed to go to the ballet with my MIL tonight but she is trying to exchange the tickets for Sunday matinee in hopes that I am better. 

Studying for my national board certification emergency nursing exam. Wholly crap, so much to know. I’m a senior nurse but still have a lot to learn. 
  • ernursej said:
    I’m in Canada and we have been in the mid teens Celsius this whole week. 

Im down with a cold/ borderline flu. Was supposed to go to the ballet with my MIL tonight but she is trying to exchange the tickets for Sunday matinee in hopes that I am better. 

Studying for my national board certification emergency nursing exam. Wholly crap, so much to know. I’m a senior nurse but still have a lot to learn. 
    Are you getting the chilly over night temps also?
    Since you're Canadian I may have completely outed myself on where I live in my previous post :') 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2017
    @CharmedPam Have a great trip! Have you been here before? Where will you be visiting???

This weekend H & I are going to try to go out to dinner for our anniversary - with the baby. Fingers crossed she sleeps the whole time!!!

Once when I was like, 15 or 16 and can't remember much but the cheers bar.  And then my friend and I walked the market place near the harbor 3 years ago but it was raining and put a damper on that day :(

Saturday we have reservations at Nico at 5 and a ghost tour at 7.  We're staying outside the city, so we're going to going to check in at noon and head downtown for lunch and all that.  Any recommendations for afternoon sees and eats? 
    The ICA in the Seaport is pretty cool - and if the weather cooperates, it’s a nice walk around the Seaport. There’s a local brewery called Trillium that has a beer garden on the Rose Kennedy Greenway which is a nice walk from the Seaport, and it’s a must if you like craft beer. 

Theres always Copley Square and the Boston Public Library and Newbury Street which you could also combine with the Public Garden especially if it’s nice out.

Or you could take a tour of Fenway and then go to Eastern Standard after for amazing cocktails. 

If the weather doesn’t cooperate you could hit up the MFA. 
    Thanks for all that!  I just remembered my favorite part of the NE in the fall. Shipyard Pumpkinhead with the rim of the glass dipped in sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg (can't have to many since I'm diabetic and shouldn't even be having one!)

Thanks for those suggestions! 

• Has anyone tried the Mystery Oreos? We got some and blech it is not good IMO
  • kvruns said:
    Has anyone tried the Mystery Oreos? We got some and blech it is not good IMO
    I have heard HORRIBLE reviews about them!
  • edited October 2017
    kvruns said:
    Has anyone tried the Mystery Oreos? We got some and blech it is not good IMO
    I have heard HORRIBLE reviews about them!
    Well that’s disappointing. What do they taste like???
  • ernursej said:

Since you're Canadian I may have completely outed myself on where I live in my previous post :') 
    Fellow Canadian? 

We we are getting to just zero Celsius at night. Perfect weather for a fire at night!
  • ernursej said:
    ernursej said:

Fellow Canadian? 

We we are getting to just zero Celsius at night. Perfect weather for a fire at night!
    Yes ma'am :)

Ours hasn't hit 0 yet, but it's damn close lol
  • @sparklepants41 they smell like fruity pebbles or trix cereal, they sort of taste like it but then I taste an almond extract as an after taste. And it doesn't go with the chocolate cookie IMO. You know it is bad when my H won't even eat them.
  • kvruns said:
    @sparklepants41 they smell like fruity pebbles or trix cereal, they sort of taste like it but then I taste an almond extract as an after taste. And it doesn't go with the chocolate cookie IMO. You know it is bad when my H won't even eat them.

Call me a fuddy-duddy but, if I don't know what a flavor is, I'm not buying it.  A free sample at the store? Sure.

But "mystery" and "food" are just not words that I think should go together, lol.

I had the same issue when Monster first came out with their Ultra Violet energy drink.  No description anywhere as to what the flavor tasted like.  Okay.  It's a purple can.  Does that mean it is grape?  But then it is called Violet.  Does it have a flowery taste?  Or is it something completely different?

I saw it at Sam's Club.  If they had just told me it was "grape", I would have bought it.  The next time I was at Sam's.  You Tube videos had told me it was grape.  I was totally planning to buy it, but then they were actually passing out samples.  Yay!  Oh wait...meh.  Never mind.  Didn't buy it, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy I am the exact same way! I have no idea what made me buy these, I think because we had just had some other oreos (lemon and mint) and I was in an Oreo mood even though I typically don't like them. I guess I figured they couldn't mess up a cookie
  • I just saw apple pie Oreos... anyone tried those?