Wedding Woes
Options

Another Manic Monday

Hows everyone’s weekend? Ours was, interesting, to say the least. H was it of town and my plans were to relax. Rained all day Saturday and around 7pm water started streaming in through the ceiling. Maintenance wouldn’t do anything because the roof was just repaired and it “was a liability”. They did offer a bucket and said to call if it looked like the ceiling was going to fall in. Less than relaxing. 

H is working from home to deal with the people today. 

Re: Another Manic Monday

• Options
    Yikes! That is crazy! 

My weekend was pretty uneventful. We finished Stranger Things. Went out to dinner with friends Saturday night. Yesterday I did a massive cleaning of the entire house. 
  • Options
    Sitting in the pediatrician's sick room for m2. Dh isn't feeling well either. Noooooo

• Options
    Ugh Charlotte!! That is the worst!

our weekend was average. 
    Thursday night we hung out at home. Friday, we went to the pool with our friend. Saturday, I tackled laundry and general cleaning. Yesterday was more laundry and fiiiiinally dragging my laptop out to do finances. I hadn’t done it in months but it was starting to bother me. I didn’t finish before my lesson but at least I started the ball rolling. Today I went to Ikea and organized my Thanksgiving grocery shopping list. 

Question: We are having 9 or 10 including us. Most of the recipes yield 6-8, given the amount of side dishes and food, do you alter the recipes to feed 10 or leave them at 6-8?
  • Options
    Oh no 6! Hope everyone feels better soon.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 yikes! Maintenance doesn't sound very good :\

Friday - went to a comedy show. The first guy was better than the headliner, which was weird because usually the headliner is usually the best and the first guy is "okay"

Saturday - M was suppose to get a small chest freezer from his grandparents, but he couldn't find anyone to help. We ended up going to ikea to get some baubles.
    Went to a friend's place so majority of our friends know now. Couple were definitely more excited than we expected, which is awesome. Another friend said he "doesn't care" but idk if maybe something is up with him .... that was just rude. I get not everyone will care, but c'mon ....

If you have me on snapchat you already saw, but we were playing poker and I sat in for M and ended up getting Royal Flush ;) {for those who don't play, that's Ace, King, Queen, Jack 10 in all spades}

The odds of ever getting that is basically 1 in 6,000. So I got a lotto max ticket lmao
    I ended up going home early because once I got up to go buy lotto ticket, I started feeling tired and not well. So M dropped me off at home and headed back.

Sunday - Woke up to friggen snow.
    M apparently slipped on some ice and hurt his knee the night before, and he may have the beginnings of a cold. So he didn't go hunting, and I wanted to take a nap instead of seeing Santa Clause parade. I'm not big on them anyways, but next year we'll probably go since we'll have a little one.

Basically accomplished nothing we wanted to. It's suppose to warm up a bit this week, so we're gonna cover the BBQ and bring in patio furniture. Completely dropped the ball on doing that this weekend.

M is home because he's still not feeling great, but I asked him to try and start his tires at least and call about replacing the windshield. {huge cracks ...}
  • Options
    Ugh Charlotte!! That is the worst!

our weekend was average. 
    Thursday night we hung out at home. Friday, we went to the pool with our friend. Saturday, I tackled laundry and general cleaning. Yesterday was more laundry and fiiiiinally dragging my laptop out to do finances. I hadn’t done it in months but it was starting to bother me. I didn’t finish before my lesson but at least I started the ball rolling. Today I went to Ikea and organized my Thanksgiving grocery shopping list. 

Question: We are having 9 or 10 including us. Most of the recipes yield 6-8, given the amount of side dishes and food, do you alter the recipes to feed 10 or leave them at 6-8?
    I would try to alter it to 10?  if it were me, I'd double it actually and maybe people can bring some home? or you have leftovers (everyone loves leftovers) but you have to account for maybe someone taking 2 portions of a side (seriously with the green bean casserole!) and perhaps a dish going over so well everyone wants to try it!

• Options
    @climbingwife season 2 right What'd you think of the ending?
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 yikes! Maintenance doesn't sound very good :\

Friday - went to a comedy show. The first guy was better than the headliner, which was weird because usually the headliner is usually the best and the first guy is "okay"

Saturday - M was suppose to get a small chest freezer from his grandparents, but he couldn't find anyone to help. We ended up going to ikea to get some baubles.
    Went to a friend's place so majority of our friends know now. Couple were definitely more excited than we expected, which is awesome. Another friend said he "doesn't care" but idk if maybe something is up with him .... that was just rude. I get not everyone will care, but c'mon ....

If you have me on snapchat you already saw, but we were playing poker and I sat in for M and ended up getting Royal Flush ;) {for those who don't play, that's Ace, King, Queen, Jack 10 in all spades}

The odds of ever getting that is basically 1 in 6,000. So I got a lotto max ticket lmao
    I ended up going home early because once I got up to go buy lotto ticket, I started feeling tired and not well. So M dropped me off at home and headed back.

Sunday - Woke up to friggen snow.
    M apparently slipped on some ice and hurt his knee the night before, and he may have the beginnings of a cold. So he didn't go hunting, and I wanted to take a nap instead of seeing Santa Clause parade. I'm not big on them anyways, but next year we'll probably go since we'll have a little one.

Basically accomplished nothing we wanted to. It's suppose to warm up a bit this week, so we're gonna cover the BBQ and bring in patio furniture. Completely dropped the ball on doing that this weekend.

M is home because he's still not feeling great, but I asked him to try and start his tires at least and call about replacing the windshield. {huge cracks ...}
    wait. he said "I don't care?" I do not get that reaction AT ALL.  You don't say those things!!!

• Options
    I would try to alter for 10 or possibly bring something extra if you can't alter well enough.

Sometimes I've made 2 of the same dish because extra is always better than not enough {plus if you make 2, minimum is feeds 12 people}
  • Options
    Question - when did everyone have to buy maternity clothes {specifically tops}?

Because I'm finding tops feel a little short around the waist, and I'm debating on just buying tank tops for layering since they're longer. I'm due in June, so I figured it'll be good long term but idk .... I feel it's too early.
  • Options
    WTF at maintenance Charlotte?  That's a crazy and rude response. 

Weekend...let's see. 

Friday, I busted ass to get laundry and other cleaning stuff done.  I almost maimed DH when I sat down for the first time all night and he asked me to 'help' him put away his ridiculous stacks of laundry. 

Saturday, my friend and I headed up to Chicago.  The weather was shit until late afternoon, but we made the best of it (plus rainboots and umbrellas helped out tremendously).  We did some shopping and ate all the food.  We also enjoyed being in a quiet hotel room with no kids, husbands, or dogs (her dogs, no dogs here).  :) 

Yesterday, we got up and went to breakfast.  We headed to Under Armour (where I made a bunch of Christmas scores for the kids) and then Gap.  Afterward, we checked out of the hotel and stopped at this amazing candy place in NW Ind. before heading home.   

Once I got home, I unpacked and puttered around the house.  DH and I were in the kitchen and doing some clean up.  I looked next to my oven (in the crack between the counter and oven) and was horrified.  That sent us down a cleaning rabbit hole and now it's no longer a horror show back there.  There were toys from a previous owner's child under my oven and my house was mostly empty for 2-3 years before we moved in, so grossness all around.  ;) 
  • Options
    To be fair maintenance is probably right. The roof was just repaired, they were weekend guys and no management was in. Unless it was falling in, there really wasn't much they could do. They could have cut into the ceiling to drain it, but that would have been an even bigger headache I think. 

missJeanLouise said:

I would maybe increase by a quarter? You probably would be fine as its, but I would want to make sure everyone had enough (and enough for seconds) if they wanted. 

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    WTF at maintenance Charlotte?  That's a crazy and rude response. 

It definitely is. But I think he was like "ugh, WTF do I do"? I'll be even more pissed in the maintenance coordinator has the same reaction. 
  • Options
    6 I hope kiddo is ok and the rest of the house avoids the sickness

Charlotte omg on maintenance. I mean maybe I see it, they are saying they can't do anything about it the roofing company has to for warranty? But still, here's a bucket???

MKD I wore a lot of my normal tops for a long time just because they were already blousy to hide my non-pregnant, non-flat stomach. But I say embrace the maternity clothes. There isn't a certain time, it is whatever works best for you. They do have those belly band things that are supposed to help transition but I had 0 luck with it. You can definitely get a lot of use out of maternity tank tops (hell I still wear some now) so I don't think you can go wrong there. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    6 I hope kiddo is ok and the rest of the house avoids the sickness

Charlotte omg on maintenance. I mean maybe I see it, they are saying they can't do anything about it the roofing company has to for warranty? But still, here's a bucket???

Ha yeah I think I actually laughed when I was on the phone with him and that's all he could say. It's so ridiculous it's funny. 
  • Options
    Yes, season 2! I actually loved the ending. What did you think?
  • Options
    Mike and Elle make me so happy and I cried a bit over Dustin.

I loved the open ending though! I know Season 4 is the last season, but I'm dying to know how season 3 will go. Like .... with 8 and all that. I also wanna know more about Elle's mother.
  • Options

I loved the open ending though! I know Season 4 is the last season, but I'm dying to know how season 3 will go. Like .... with 8 and all that. I also wanna know more about Elle's mother.
    I read yesterday that they're in the early stages of planning out season 3. I also wondered if the last season would be a jump into the future, or if they would stay in the 80s. OR maybe even go into the 90s. 
  • Options

I read yesterday that they're in the early stages of planning out season 3. I also wondered if the last season would be a jump into the future, or if they would stay in the 80s. OR maybe even go into the 90s. 
    I looked it up. They're doing 1yr into the future as a time jump, like they did for season 1 - 2
  • Options
    Not sure if any of the talk above is really a spoiler but maybe move it into a spoiler box just in case? We're only a couple episodes in to season 2 but this is all new info to me (I'm not invested in the show so I don't really care but still)
  • Options

Charlotte - A better response would have been, here's a bucket, I'm calling the roofers right now!

6 - Healthy vibes for your full household!

MJL - You were having mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, and rice?  Amongst lots of veggie sides, right?  I would only double the mashed potatoes since that is a typical Thanksgiving food across the US.  If it was going to be your only startchy side - I would tell you to triple it.

MKD - I didn't really have an issue with my tops for a while, granted I lost a bunch of weight before pregnancy and continued to lose during the 1st tri.  I did buy a belly band and that helped a bunch.  My bigger issue was pants.  They stopped being comfy in the waist long before they "didn't fit" because I always sit at my desk.  I was lucky that my friend gave me 2 totes of maternity clothes, so I started breaking into them early since it was like having a new wardrobe!  Lastly, that friend was a dick.  He seriously said "I don't care" - how bizarre!

Weekend was good.  Friday night was yoga with my sister and SIL.  Saturday, H had to work.  MIL came over for a bit to see DD.  So I got to clean around the fireplace for Christmas pictures.  I got it set up pretty nice looking too.  I did try getting some pictures of DD, but I was having camera battery issues and my cell camera was looking bad.  We also did church, dinner at Friendly's and $30 to spend at Lindt chocolate.  The last 2 were groupons - so we didn't spend too much OOP! 

Sunday - I went and visited my parents.  My mom is doing good - she does get another round of chemo today.  But yesterday she said, she thinks the tumors have started to shrink already because the pain they were giving her has already lessened a lot.  Prayers and healthy vibes from you ladies has been and is appreciated!

This morning I have already scored a pair of u2 tickets for their Philly show in June.  Almost $50 in fees!  I really hate ticketmaster and by extension the Wells Fargo Center.  The tickets were organized by ticketmaster, but sold via the Wells Fargo Center website.  That meant I couldn't even use some of my $2.25 off discount codes from the ticketmaster settlement.  They are such bastards.

Not sure what is up tonight.  Probably some more cleaning.

• Options
    Thank you everyone! I am a chronic over-thinker/planner/doer so I appreciate everyone’s advice. I will double somethings but not others (I doubt anybody beside DH will want rice and gravy). This is my first time fully hosting a T-meal so I have a lot of questions, lol.
  • Options
    $50 in fees for concert tickets - that just sucks. I hate all of the fees on tickets
  • Options
    @OliveOilsMom My shirts are still comfy, but it's weird. Like they shrunk just enough that it's showing skin between top & pants. Not an issue, but really cold :')
    Yeh it was super weird. M was a little off-put by it, but as I told him, not everyone will be excited. Tbh I have a weird feeling he's not thrilled because he has a crush on me {yep. same dude.} and I basically had to tell him to back off a bit. {the flirting was getting a bit much - but he never crossed a line and M was always around}
  • Options
    With both pregnancies I felt like I needed to move to new pants by about week 11 at the absolute latest.  If i had a baggy shirt it wasn't an issue but I did embrace the pregnancy shirts and pants when it was time.   I did find that once in maternity pants, there was NO concealing that bump. 

In general, I could make the flowy top work through my pregnancy.   For winter, existing cardigans may be your best friend if you want to avoid spending money on pregnancy sweaters. 

Weekend here went well.   Chiquito has not been sick and now I'm crossing my fingers that the bug just avoids his room in the daycare. 

We had our annual turkey party on Saturday and clean up yesterday.  It was HUGE, we're still not done cleaning but I think most of the stuff that's food related has been picked up.   And now there are 6.75 quarts of turkey stock just waiting to be made into delicious things. 
  • Options

@charlotte989875, to be fair, your apt. complex was right.  It's way too dangerous to have roofers up there in the rain or while the roof is still wet.  However, they certainly could have worded it better!

I had an issue last year with one of my tenants.  Her a/c went out...over the weekend...because that is always when things like that happen, lol.  I told her I'd call my HVAC guy as soon as we got off the phone, but none of those companies work on the weekend and the soonest I could probably get someone there was Monday.  She just b***ched and read me the riot act, smh.  Exactly WTF did she think I could do?  I don't have magical fairy dust to make technicians appear.  And it would have been no different if she owned the house and had tried to find someone.

@CharmedPam, I almost never see movies in the theatre, but my H and I really jazzed up to see Murder on the Orient Express.  Glad to hear you thought it was good.  I'm also glad to hear you liked Cirque Crystal and that the bathroom is getting done before TG.  Sweet!

@6fsn, aaahhh!  No sickness allowed in the 6fsn family with TG on the horizon.

@MissKittyDanger, also side-eying your friend.  If one does not especially care about the pregnancy of one's friend (which is odd anyway), than the appropriate response is, "Congratulations."

@OliveOilsMom, I'm glad your mom is having less pain!  Continued prayers and well wishes for her.

Overall, not a good weekend :(.  I can count on one hand the number of times I have had a migraine in my life.  And one of them was on Saturday.  It mellowed down to more of a mild headache by the afternoon.  But that mild headache hung around for the rest of the weekend and into this morning.  Though it is almost gone (at the moment).

It's my birthday today!  I'm 44, but still having trouble accepting that, lol.  I would have sworn I was turning 43.  I was born in 1973 and was sitting there yesterday, multiple times, running the following formula through my head:

7-3=4.  No, no.  That can't be.  Let me do that basic math equation 10 more times, because it can't be the right answer.

You know you're getting old when...you have to do math to figure out your age.  You don't just automatically know it anymore, lol.

Whereas, you ask a 7-year-old how old they are, and they will rattle off their age.  Plus the months.  And sometimes the days, lol.

For my bday, I'm thinking about hitting a food market that my H and I have been wanting to try.  It's one building, but there are multiple food stands in it.  No chains.  Local businesses with food more on the gourmet side, but in a take-out type of environment.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! I am a chronic over-thinker/planner/doer so I appreciate everyone’s advice. I will double somethings but not others (I doubt anybody beside DH will want rice and gravy). This is my first time fully hosting a T-meal so I have a lot of questions, lol.
    Per my previously posted opinion about how rice and gravy sound, I think you should halve that recipe ;), lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy  yeh ... idk he's just weird. I'm kinda brushing it off.
    Happy birthday!!! :) I always have to pause and think about my mum's age lmfao just the way the years are it's like "Uhm ..." same with my cousin and BIL - who were born in the same year lol