Wedding Woes

Wednesday

What's up?! 

The kiddo's home because the career center is closed today.  He has to report to school in a couple hours. 

I have to work all day today.  No early out for me.  ;) 

Tonight we have prep stuff to do for tomorrow and the weekend.  I have a pie to bake.  

Looking forward to the long weekend for sure. 

Re: Wednesday

• I'm at work but it's going to be very slow today and Friday.  DH just texted that he's got a stomach bug - ICK!  Hope I don't get it.

I have to throw a salad together tomorrow for our evening Thanksgiving with my family.  But otherwise it'll be a low key day.  Both of us work on Friday.
  • Chiquito started the pukes last night around 6:30.   Poor dude was miserable and was up a few times throughout the night so I look GREAT.   WFH is nice so my attire can be a step above jammies.  Currently in a fleece, Mickey Mouse T Shirt, jeans and slippers.  I've washed my hands so many times the skin between my fingers is breaking.    

My fingers are crossed that this bug is limited to him but based on what I saw in the daycare, it's a bitch at least to kids. 

Kiddo is up and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse now.   I am drinking all the coffee.
  • Work today and tomorrow and then I am off until Sunday. I already can’t wait for tomorrow to be over. I’m really tired and a little concerned I’m getting a cold. So I’m going to take some zicam today and hope for the best. And go to bed maybe at 8. Because sleep is magical and I need it. 

I hope chiquito feels better @banana468. Fingers crossed no one else gets it. It sounds like there is a stomach bug going around. My friend’s kid here has it too. Boo. 

• Poor Chiquito and vibes that the puke stops with him.   Take it easy on yourself today, mama.  All nighters with sick kiddos are the suck. 
  • All the healing vibes to everyone with sick kids & husbands. This is the worst time of year to have the pukes. 

Working all day, then picking up groceries for the appetizer for tomorrow. A huge thank you to all the suggestions. I'm thinking about a brie bake with cranberry and pistachios. We like ~20 minutes from the in laws so not really close enough for me to bake at home and take it, but is bringing something unbaked on Thanksgiving pretty annoying? 
  • Hope you have turned the corner @banana468! I hated stomach bugs when kiddos were little. H was no help because he couldn't handle vomit!

I have two pies to bake and the table to set today. Probably should clean the green beans too. H is busy getting the turkey ready for brining. So I can't start until he is done. 

DD and SIL are going to get in a little earlier than plan so that is good. She's feeling a little better nausea wise but is still battling a cold and or course can't take anything. I talked to her last night. She said she only had two pairs of pants she can still wear to work so I'm giving her the pants I bought for her this weekend at the outlet. They are a size up from her normal (and very stretchy) so she hopes they fit for a little bit. Tops are still good. She's right at ten weeks and still very anxious. I wish there was something I could say that could calm her about making it through the first trimester.

Happy Thanksgiving all!!
  • @banana468, good luck with the kids! 
    @charlotte989875, wasn't able to voice yesterday's question on apps, but yours look great!  I'm also a fan of crackers and cheese.  Usually a crowd pleaser.  Going to Trader Joe's is not cheating!!! lol I love the stuffed mushrooms. Last time i was there they were out :(

I was WFH yesterday as they finished my bathroom.  I have a bit of touch up painting to do tonight and then volia.  My bathroom is in 2017.  Now, the rest of the house has to catch up :)  I got the call yesterday that my insurance approved the surgery!!! I was literally dancing and singing after hanging up with her.  This is more than 12 months in the making. Unfortunately December is booked up and it's set for January 22nd.  H's company is being a dick and cutting costs everywhere they can, I hope his plan doesn't change Jan 1st. 

• All the healing vibes to everyone with sick kids & husbands. This is the worst time of year to have the pukes. 

Working all day, then picking up groceries for the appetizer for tomorrow. A huge thank you to all the suggestions. I'm thinking about a brie bake with cranberry and pistachios. We like ~20 minutes from the in laws so not really close enough for me to bake at home and take it, but is bringing something unbaked on Thanksgiving pretty annoying? 
    Can you clear it with the in-laws?  Depending on what you bring and timing, oven space may be no issue at all or you may be looked at like you have 8 heads. 

If you don't have one already, I highly recommend getting a thermal carrying container for food.   We have one and will transport hot / cold stuff to the IL's.

You may also do well if you wrap that brie in aluminum foil immediately out of the oven and then wrap that in a layer of something that is a heat barrier like a towel.  

Yeah that’s a true thanksgiving crime in my opinion. I think you can bake it at home, just wrap it up in foil and then some kitchen towels. 
  • Yikes to stomach bug houses in @MNNEBride and @banana468 !!

Just got to work - late - because I had to get another vial of blood taken. Apparently my OB wants to test thyroid .... is this normal? I've read it isn't, so I'm not sure. I'm def asking my dr if she knows why OB would want this, and if she doesn't know then I'm asking OB when I see her at end of December.

Some days I feel like the nausea is going away - like this morning - then by midday it creeps up again and I just nibble on lunch food to keep from feeling like I'll hurl. :(

Currently craving things not in my house - cauliflower with melted cheese, and a toasted tomatoes sandwich. My mum jokes I am giving birth to the next coming of my dad because I'm basically craving what he loved and I'm eating the way he did {snacking constantly}
    I can't complain. If it's a girl, she is being named after him and ironically enough the anatomy ultrasound will likely be around my dad's bday. {I am scheduling it that day if that's an option}

Times like this I really miss him. Holidays suck.

I accomplished nothing last night, so I have laundry to throw in and we have patio furniture to bring in.

M did get more done on his work bench, so likely we will be fixing up the basement this weekend.

Just got to work - late - because I had to get another vial of blood taken. Apparently my OB wants to test thyroid .... is this normal? I've read it isn't, so I'm not sure. I'm def asking my dr if she knows why OB would want this, and if she doesn't know then I'm asking OB when I see her at end of December.

Some days I feel like the nausea is going away - like this morning - then by midday it creeps up again and I just nibble on lunch food to keep from feeling like I'll hurl. :(

Currently craving things not in my house - cauliflower with melted cheese, and a toasted tomatoes sandwich. My mum jokes I am giving birth to the next coming of my dad because I'm basically craving what he loved and I'm eating the way he did {snacking constantly}
    I can't complain. If it's a girl, she is being named after him and ironically enough the anatomy ultrasound will likely be around my dad's bday. {I am scheduling it that day if that's an option}

I accomplished nothing last night, so I have laundry to throw in and we have patio furniture to bring in.

M did get more done on his work bench, so likely we will be fixing up the basement this weekend.
    Yeah I think thyroid testing is normal. But also do you wanna drive yourself crazy? Cause googling medical stuff will do that fast. 

Yeah I think thyroid testing is normal. But also do you wanna drive yourself crazy? Cause googling medical stuff will do that fast. 
    It is normal? Anyone I've spoken to never had that requested.

I know, bad self googling! I was just curious before my dr's appt because I already got a ton of blood work done awhile ago, so I was kinda like "what would make OB think of this?" since at first I was thinking age {years of hearing 'have kids before you're 30 for health reasons!'} but found out possibly because of the morning sickness being so bad apparently that can make them wanna test.
  • kvruns said:
    I have a one year old today!!!!
    excited happy new year GIF

I know, bad self googling! I was just curious before my dr's appt because I already got a ton of blood work done awhile ago, so I was kinda like "what would make OB think of this?" since at first I was thinking age {years of hearing 'have kids before you're 30 for health reasons!'} but found out possibly because of the morning sickness being so bad apparently that can make them wanna test.
    I mean maybe you’re gestating an alien. Maybe you’re dying. Maybe your doctor got you confused with someone else. Maybe everyone should be getting tested for this and everyone’s else’s doctor’s are terrible. 

Maybe there is no no possible way the internet can tell you and you need to chill and ask your doctor. 

I mean maybe you’re gestating an alien. Maybe you’re dying. Maybe your doctor got you confused with someone else. Maybe everyone should be getting tested for this and everyone’s else’s doctor’s are terrible. 

Maybe there is no no possible way the internet can tell you and you need to chill and ask your doctor. 
    I feel like sometimes it's super obvious it's my first baby :')

Bolded is what M tells me constantly. Lol

Why not just call your OB (or a NP) and ask why they ordered it? You can ask about these things and you don't have to wait for an appointment if you have a question. I'm not saying call every single time something comes up you're not familiar with, but if there is a test they're requesting you can definitely ask why. But I agree with @STARMOON44 that google is the least good option here. 

For what it's worth I think thyroid testing is pretty common in women (not exclusively pregnant women) and wouldn't be put off by a doctor suggesting it. 
  • Man it seems like everyone knows someone who is sick! Healing vibes all around!

today I found decent green beans, apple sauce, and bisquick so wins! I prepped the green bean casserole. I am stoked to make pies and stuffing tomorrow. I don’t think I have ever been so excited for the holidays!!

I chatted with my sister this morning. She is having a hard time, per usual. She really wants to come visit at the end of February, and I REAAAAAAALLLLLY want her to come see where I live/ get out of the US but.... DH and I are planning a (surprise) trip back in May. On one hand, I think getting out of town for a while will benefit her. On the other, it is a lot of money she could use for other things. Thoughts??
  • Man it seems like everyone knows someone who is sick! Healing vibes all around!

today I found decent green beans, apple sauce, and bisquick so wins! I prepped the green bean casserole. I am stoked to make pies and stuffing tomorrow. I don’t think I have ever been so excited for the holidays!!

I chatted with my sister this morning. She is having a hard time, per usual. She really wants to come visit at the end of February, and I REAAAAAAALLLLLY want her to come see where I live/ get out of the US but.... DH and I are planning a (surprise) trip back in May. On one hand, I think getting out of town for a while will benefit her. On the other, it is a lot of money she could use for other things. Thoughts??
    How committed are you to the surprise?

• I'm at work. I'm going to die of boredom. 

I broke my desk last week (it's close to 20 years old, and already broken in many places). And I'm so bored that I just spent 5 minutes fixing it, even though next week is my last week with this bum-ass furniture. 

I read your post and totally pictured the Hulk banging his two fists down on a desk...out of boredom...breaking it in half, lol.  I'm assuming your desk woes were less dramatic than that.  Hopefully the new job will have better furniture ;)!

Hahahah! Definitely not that dramatic. Though I certainly have come close to having that kind of reaction here! 

I'm very much looking forward to an actual office with operational furniture. 
  • @STARMOON44 DH is definitely going because he has training. He was going to take a week after to see his family. I was going to tag along because the hotel the first week is already paid for, then we could see his family together. I would stick around to visit my family and Nana. I was already planning a trip back this summer (mostly to see Nana) so this is just bumpin it up a couple months.
  • @STARMOON44 DH is definitely going because he has training. He was going to take a week after to see his family. I was going to tag along because the hotel the first week is already paid for, then we could see his family together. I would stick around to visit my family and Nana. I was already planning a trip back this summer (mostly to see Nana) so this is just bumpin it up a couple months.
    I mean the surprise aspect. Can you just tell her that and say you’d still love her to visit, especially because you won’t get much one on one time with her in May?
  • @missJeanLouise, my vote (if you were looking for one) is that she comes to visit.  It's not only a chance to see you but also a great chance to travel overseas and stay with a local.  It'll be cheaper for her in the long run because her lodging and many meals will be taken care of.  Always choose travel if you can :smile:
  • Boo to all those who have sick peeps around them.       Hoping for a speedy recovery.

I'm off to get my ski pass, then hitting up the grocery store.   Hopefully I can get there when it's not super crowded.  I don't even need Thanksgiving stuff.  Just your basics.   Very poor planning my part.

Tomorrow is suppose to be in the 50's and sunny.  Should be a nice day to hike with friends.   Then the rest of the day is watching football while DH works.  

I got my tree yesterday.  Yay.  It's a real tree that is only 3 feet. This is only the 2nd real tree I've had in 19 years.   I had some small fake trees for some 12 years, but they have seen better days.  I'm digging the smell of the tree.  Plus I picked up some scented pine cones.     

It's going to be my Carolers' village tree so it's up on a table.  (I have a huge old fashion caroler display).   If motivated I will start decorating tomorrow. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated.