Wedding Woes

Tuesday?

I'm in less pain today.  Woo! :)  But my stomach is not handling the meds well (even with eating when I take them and probiotics).  I can deal with it as long as I'm not puking. 

Tomorrow is my day off.  DH took the day off with me and we're going Christmas shopping.  I am going into the office on Thursday.  I haven't been in the office in over a year.  

It's cold as balls out there today. 

Re: Tuesday?

• @mrsconn23 depending on the meds, my pharmacist said to me last year if the dr suggests a probiotic with it then you should include extra fibre {she suggested a fibre 1 bar because they're simple}
    But yay for less pain at least! :D!

This fucking day.
    So I may have picked up M's cold, or at least the congestion part. I was awake for 2.5 hrs because I couldn't breath. Then my mouth-breather-when-sick of a husband was driving me nuts.

On top of that, it took 2hrs to get into work because the roads were pretty dicey and everyone was driving super slow.

I need to stop by the pharmacy tonight and see what decongestant I can take, because the allergy-sinus meds I have, aren't doing shit and I feel like my sinuses are backed up. {my left eye is watering on top of it ...}

..... is it 5pm yet? lol
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2017
    <3 Tuesday's, I don't care what ya'll say :)

It is cold AF yes.  And of course it's garbage day so I can't just run to my car this morning.  Glad to hear your feeling less pain @mrsconn23 but boo to your tummy.  How long are you on the pills for?

I went home to find the box I thought was a gift for H WAS my karity delivery. Sitting for over a week!  I don't normally wear eye make up but today I did.  And it took far to long to get ready this morning because of it (usually I'm foundation, mascara and lipstick).

Last night I cooked a simple hamburger helper dinner, wrapped some gifts and watched Holiday baking championship.  tonight I'm getting my nails done and maybe going to see "three billboards of ebbing county" by my lonesome since H will be working.

edit: oh, and today is my nephew's 1st birthday! Thank goodness for amazon prime.  I hope I'm original in this because I'm NOT TAKING THIS BACK!  It's funny AND practical. 
    https://www.amazon.com/Beard-Head-Original-Gromm-Brown/dp/B00CDAT0QA/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1513093062&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=beard+hat&psc=1

• @mrsconn23 depending on the meds, my pharmacist said to me last year if the dr suggests a probiotic with it then you should include extra fibre {she suggested a fibre 1 bar because they're simple}
    And the brownies taste amazing.  I take daily probiotics and never heard that!

Sorry you're getting a cold too.  My H gave me my last one, because he never wears coats outside and never dresses properly and then gets a cold and his only last 2 days.  Mine can be like 2 weeks!  Thanks hubby of mine!

And the brownies taste amazing.  I take daily probiotics and never heard that!

Sorry you're getting a cold too.  My H gave me my last one, because he never wears coats outside and never dresses properly and then gets a cold and his only last 2 days.  Mine can be like 2 weeks!  Thanks hubby of mine!
    When the pharmacist suggested it, it was because of some heavy meds I was on.
    I personally like the lemon ones ;)
    M's rarely sick but this has him down and out for a few days now, so I'm really hoping it's not the same :(
  • Pregnancy colds are the worst.  You can't take the good shit. DH gave me one when I was pregnant and I wanted to murder him in his sleep for it. 

I will try some more fiber.  I'm on this stuff 3x/day for 10 days, so for another week. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Pregnancy colds are the worst.  You can't take the good shit. DH gave me one when I was pregnant and I wanted to murder him in his sleep for it. 

I will try some more fiber.  I'm on this stuff 3x/day for 10 days, so for another week. 
    Urg I just hope they don't say "here take allergy meds" because I WILL FLIP SHIT! It's not friggen allergies!

Hopefully you feel better before end of meds :(
  • Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.   I'm home with a feverish coughing 3 year old who was up all night.

I think this is just a virus that needs to run its course but it's such a bugger with toddlers since you now can't just reach for the cough suppressant like my mom did 34 years ago.   My fingers are crossed that we can get him something to help break up the mucous, reduce the fever and have him back in daycare tomorrow and off to the North Pole on Thursday night! 
  • I’m glad you feel better @mrsconn23! It sucks when antibiotics wreck your stomach. It’s good you’re taking probiotics though. 

I started off my morning with a ticket. It was supposed to be a speeding ticket but he gave it to me for “lack of insurance card” instead. I have to drive to LA this morning and I’m not looking forward to the traffic. Meeting a friend to study today. Tomorrow is our final. This week is pretty blah so far. 

• mrsconn23 said:
    Pregnancy colds are the worst.  You can't take the good shit. DH gave me one when I was pregnant and I wanted to murder him in his sleep for it. 

Urg I just hope they don't say "here take allergy meds" because I WILL FLIP SHIT! It's not friggen allergies!

FWIW each Dr/practice has their own list of what you can/can't take while pregnant. My Dr. was ok with taking the behind-the-counter sudafed whereas other people I knew were told to not take anything. 
  • Oh no banana!  :(  That sucks.  I hope he can get some relief soon. 

I'd definitely call the doc or nurses line and see if they can offer any advice.  I want to say that mine said that a half-dose of kid's Delsym was OK at 3, but it's been awhile. 

DefConn's got a cold and has been coughing through the night the past few nights.  He coughed all over me during homework yesterday (even though he knows to use his elbow...le sigh). 
  • kvruns said:
    Every time I go to Chit Chat and see the thread "Getting in Shape" I think "round is a shape" and then I realize I really have turned into my dad. 
    that's not wrong though ...
  • kvruns said:
    mrsconn23 said:

FWIW each Dr/practice has their own list of what you can/can't take while pregnant. My Dr. was ok with taking the behind-the-counter sudafed whereas other people I knew were told to not take anything. 
    Yeh I checked the site that my dr suggested before, but doesn't really give a clear answer. Pharmacist has been pretty useful before, so I'm gonna see what they say.
    I swear ... pregnancy is ridiculous sometimes.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Oh no banana!  :(  That sucks.  I hope he can get some relief soon. 

I'd definitely call the doc or nurses line and see if they can offer any advice.  I want to say that mine said that a half-dose of kid's Delsym was OK at 3, but it's been awhile. 

DefConn's got a cold and has been coughing through the night the past few nights.  He coughed all over me during homework yesterday (even though he knows to use his elbow...le sigh). 
    I'm hoping this is not strep and Delsym can be OK.   There were some solid stretches of good sleep (and he's currently standing on my window unit air conditioner so I don't know how bad he could be feeling).   But we've now had Saturday, Sunday and last night of interrupted sleep for 3 out of the 4 people in this house and I want this kid to get better and for the rest of us to not get it. 

• kvruns said:
    Every time I go to Chit Chat and see the thread "Getting in Shape" I think "round is a shape" and then I realize I really have turned into my dad. 

I'm an hour glass...with extra sand in the bottom half, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @mrsconn23, glad at least your pain has diminished!  Hopefully the tummy problems will go away also.

@levioosa, tickets are the worst!!  And then having to drive to L.A. on top of that.  I hope your day gets so much better.  I had a ticket knocked down in court once to just a "seat belt" violation.  It's the lowest fee ticket they have, so I REALLY appreciated that.  But the funny part was, a seat belt violation had not been one of the items on my original ticket at all, lol.

<<<sending out healthy vibes to WW ladies and their families>>>

I'm having a happy day.  Two pieces of good news.  I received a money order in the mail yesterday from the tenant I was complaining about yesterday.  It was for the amount she said it would be.  But I could see from the postmark that she hadn't even mailed it the day after our texting.  She mailed it the day after that, smh.

My other good news is my B of A credit card offered me a special.  0% interest on balance transfers until Sept. '18 or 1.99% interest until Dec. '18.  Yaassss.  I'm choosing the Dec. option.  I actually have a good bit of credit available on that card.  Enough that I can pay off all my other personal credit cards, except one. 

Now I'm on schedule to have all my credit card debt paid off by early Feb...of course, with the exception of that BofA card, lol.  But, at that point, I won't really care.  My total 'cc utilization will be under 20% and my interest rate will be 2%.

As an aside, I'm just super proud of myself.  Long story short, we ended up having to fund our last renovation with mainly credit cards.  Since April, I've paid down $25K in 'cc debt!  And now most of what is left can be rolled over to that BofA card for a cheap interest rate over the next year.

Battling down the HELOC balance is next.  An even bigger hurdle, but I'm very excited to start focusing my efforts on that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Stayed up late to work last night so I'm cranky today. Also, the snow is pretty and all but it's a pain to drive in. 

Just counting down the days til this weekend. I have a huge project deadline on Thursday I'm nowhere close to done with. 
  • We finally finished decorating for Christmas last night.  Got my remaining wreaths and tree up.  Put out the various Santa statutes too.  I do have the tub of Christmas linens, but I don't really do much with those until the week of.  So I just left them upstairs and out of the way.  I was able to get all the empty tubs back in the basement too.  So I have room to walk again!

Tonight, H will turn on the automatic candles and lighted wreath at the same time, so that the timers work mostly in sync.  I get home after dark, so its too late.  H gets home while its still light out, so the timing works well!

Tonight we are getting take out.  Not sure what yet, we will see what we feel like later, I suppose!  After dinner H is heading over to his mom's to throw out his old bowling balls from the basement.  He is supposed to put them right out at the curb, so someone can take them (trash day is Friday).  Except that they are probably cracked or already compromised in some way since they have been down their a decade. :/

I grant healing vibes and wishes to all those who need it!

• Cngrats S+S. Although when I read 25K in cc debt I though woah that's a lot on a credit card! that's great you're able to pay it down and transfer to the lower interest option
  • Morning ish!

Backpack Full of Cash was an excellent watch for anyone interested in learning how for-profit education is harming public schools.  They are only hosting viewing parties, so you'd have to find one in your state; this was the first in Michigan.  True story:  80% of our charter schools are for-profit compared to the national average of 13%.  

I'm trying to be productive, but I'm worried about my dad.  While my mom was drinking on Friday, she spilled the beans about the money problems my dad is having and trying to hide from us.  After a lot of text-negotiating, he gave my sister his log in information, and she discovered that he's manually paid his rent the last two months in addition to this autodraft - that has been set up for 2 years!  When we asked him about it, he said he forgot it automatically came out.  He made an appointment for us to see his doctor on the 26th, and I'm really scared it's dementia.  His mom had it, and I believe we discovered it around this age too.

On a lighter note, Rosie loves the snow and is so hyper walking in it.  She even jumps like a Jack Russell Terrier, which is hilarious considering she's a 58 lb bulldog!  I totally bit it walking her this morning....as a cop was u-turning, he laughed and waved.
  • @short+sassy, I love taking advantages of those 0% rates or transfers (rates because you dont get the transfer fee) wtg on that!  citi has been good with me on 0%. 
    @kimmiinthemitten, sorry to hear about your dad.  Good news I guess is that he's 2 months ahead in rent and can catch up?  Hope all goes well at the dr.

• @kimmiinthemitten was that documentary just on secondary ed or also for-profit higher ed?  Sorry to hear about the worry with your dad

• @kvruns K-12.  It was filmed primarily in Philadelphia in 2013-2014, but also did some work in NOLA and Union City, NJ.  Detroit/Michigan/DeVos was mentioned in the epilogue.
  • I’m sorry about your dad @kimmiinthemitten. At least he finally gave your sister access? Maybe he knows, on some level, he’s struggling? That’s got to be really tough. 

• Morning ish!

On a lighter note, Rosie loves the snow and is so hyper walking in it.  She even jumps like a Jack Russell Terrier, which is hilarious considering she's a 58 lb bulldog!  I totally bit it walking her this morning....as a cop was u-turning, he laughed and waved.
    Dogs in the snow is the best. Here’s Charlie running around last night. He thinks it’s  just the greatest thing ever. 

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2017
    kvruns said:
    Cngrats S+S. Although when I read 25K in cc debt I though woah that's a lot on a credit card! that's great you're able to pay it down and transfer to the lower interest option

I normally don't carry any balance (unless it is low/no interest).  But we ran into a really oddball situation with our last rental duplex fixer-upper.  Two weeks before closing, I got a call from my loan guy that their underwriting offices had flooded (during the Baton Rouge floods last year) and they didn't know when they would be able to close on the loan.  My seller was not going to wait and I was facing losing my earnest money.  I took the money out of my HELOC and bought it with "cash", so to speak.  But then I didn't have much left for renovations, without depleting my emergency funds.  So we mostly renovated with credit cards, major ugh.  Also why my HELOC balance and its monthly payment is currently enormous, lol.

All in all, we're making great money on the rent and are about $20K-$30K ahead in value as compared to what we put in.  So, at least not all bad.  It's just been a hard driving last 9-10 months to pay off the 'cc debt.

My credit score tanked when my 'cc utilization went up.  But, now that it is almost recovered, I am going to start a cash-out refi on that duplex in the next month or two, in order to "pay back" my HELOC.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kimmiinthemitten, I'm sorry to hear you are worrying about your dad.  I hope for your all's sake it is isn't dementia.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kimmiinthemitten That's scary :( Hopefully it's not dementia
  • Kimmi - I hope everything is ok with your dad.
  • Kimmi- that's so hard.  I worry about my MIL.

Work is crazy.  I know there's an account manager that hates me.  They have been short an in office admin since end of October.  I am going down Friday specifically to wrap presents and address cards for clients.  I just got an email "FYI- Bob is no longer with the company."  Well that explains why he didn't accept my meeting requests!

I'm over parties.  Tonight is #5 in 7 days. Tomorrow's meeting at the church just became a party too.